FCC Bombshell on Chinese Handheld amateur radios

So the FCC is working on outlawing the chinese radios like the baofengs on the grounds that they can transmit outside of the ham bands. 2 of the ones I own can operate on emergency channels and much more. I've been able to listen to the railroads in the area too. It's too bad since these are greatly effecting the prices of haand helds on the market.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

What section of bandwidth does it intrude on? Wifi? Cellphones? Ask the people who use wifi and cellphones of they mind amateur radio busts knocking them off the air periodically.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Well they can try i suppose, I wonder if they have a plan on how to get the 100's of thousands already out, better call christian slater!

If the radios are capable of broadcasting on frequencies they are not licensed for then the FCC has every right to ban them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any reason to believe anything this government says?

10+ Year Old Account
    You know a radio is like...super fucking easy to build right? We're not talking massively complex pieces of hardware here. You can literally build your own that do exactly what that shit from China does.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Umm... FCC regulation of what types of communication are allowed on what bandwidths is pretty important. If it were a free for all, the amount of interference would make reliable wireless communication a LOT more difficult for everyone.

We want the emergency frequencies to be clear of things that are not emergencies. It's fine for people to have devices that can listen to them, but random people should not be able to talk on them. The problem here is the ability to broadcast on frequencies they are not licensed to, not the ability to receive.