Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Legit, what happened to the game? I recently built a new rig, and was thinking of playing a bit, but I’m a bit worried, should I wait for vanilla?
    Why? What would waiting do for you? They aren't the same game. If you want to play than play. 2 to 3 hours is plenty of time depending on the content you want to do it and the time of day you have that gap. You might face limits finding a raid, you certainly would if you inly had 2 hours. As for the fun or enjoyment you might have nobody can forecast that for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not how I see it from people. They demand 3+ many groups.
    Not at once. 3 hour blocks are the norm pretty much everywhere. I play on one of the larger servers and only 1 guild goes longer than 3 and they push for top 100 each teir.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

both in legion and bfa i raid 9 hours a week. currently 7/9M

in legion i played a couple of hours a day aside from that, and in bfa i play maybe 4 hours a week outside of raids per week.

all the extra WQ and M+ in legion did put me first in artifact level in my guild in legion, but now in BFA i'm pretty much middle of the pack, so not even behind or anything, for literally maybe 10-20% of the effort. and the amount of good titanforges i got from all those M+ was maybe 2 or 3 over the entire expansion.

i've pretty much made it a rule for me to not exceed 20 hours of wow a week, and most weeks i think i get closer to 14 hours, and honestly i don't feel behind at all. i could easily drop that to 11 hours too if i dropped the optional heroic offday raid.
    Last edited by horbindr; 2019-03-19 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it 2. Is it possible to be geared and enjoy end game content with this many hours a day...never mind 2, 3 hours?
    Yea, 2 hours is enough to do ~3-6 M+. Once you are able to do +10, you are pretty much just aiming to get full 400+, at which point you can hop into the latest mythic raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The most efficient way to play wow is to pay lots of gold to a guild that will carry you through heroic BoD and funnel all the gear to your toon. Then also pay lots of gold to a guild that will power chain you through high level M+ keys and funnel all the gear to your toon. Then you show up and raid mythic BoD with your guild.

So sure, it is possible. Although you would be spending a lot of real life money to buy tokens and convert that into in-game gold to purchase these services, it can be done.

But WoW is pay to win. You can buy a powerful toon.

Other people have the luxury of friends that will power their toon for free.

Where is the skill in any of this? I don't know. You tell me.
    I don't know man with LFR mode and warfronts alike i already feel like im winning In WoW and it didn't even cost me any gold infact i had so much gold i race changed 5 times over with the promo going on feels good man !

Legit, what happened to the game? I recently built a new rig, and was thinking of playing a bit, but I’m a bit worried, should I wait for vanilla?
    Yeah, better off waiting for Vanilla and playing other MMO's in the mean time. This game is not an RPG anymore, and BFA is garbage.

Make it 2. Is it possible to be geared and enjoy end game content with this many hours a day...never mind 2, 3 hours?
    Gearing up is very fast right now (some people would say too fast).

Endgame content is usually more limited by finding a good raiding guild with a schdule that fits well with you. Say for example a guild raids 2 nights a week for 4 hours per night. Add 4 more hours however you want to spread them, and on average for the whole week it's the same as 2 hours per day, but in practice it's not the same to raid 14 hours per week with schedule that you can't control and 2 hours per day totally free. But guilds are dramatically more succesful at doing endgame content in an enjoyable fashion than pugging.

I would say the minimum to do endgame succesfully is probably around 10 hours a week. Between 15 to 20 would be my recommendtion.
    Last edited by Khallid; 2019-03-19 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am raiding 3 hours X 2 days a week. Aside that I do single M+ run on some offday and usually something like 20 minutes or so of "kill one thing" AP WQs.

You don't need to do much more than that really, like maybe fast HC run with guild, which we do in a little more than 1 hour in the offday completely optional.

Currently I'm at Mythic Jaina and we always clear Mythic raids in time for years at that schedule. Heck we even got Famed Slayers last tier.

So I'd say yes.

I doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine you start raiding again.
    Week 1: You get a low titanforge roll.
    Week 2: You don't get shit but you can be happy about the bottom meters new trial shitface who got 3 upgrades for being carried and will hop to another guild next week
    Week 3: You get another low tf
    Week 4: Finally a decent upgrade
    Week 5: You don't get shit but you can be happy about the bottom meters new trial shitface who got 3 upgrades for being carried and will hop to another guild next week
    Week ?? in Blizzard TM which means sometime between now and the end of time : You finally get full bis / high tf.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezar View Post
    .I didnt renew my sub because this vacuous borefest of an expansion isnt worth it until blizz actually puts in some proper content.
    Well I renewed but I got to the stage now that I really can't be bothered.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Week 2: You don't get shit but you can be happy about the bottom meters new trial shitface who got 3 upgrades for being carried and will hop to another guild next week
    Week 5: You don't get shit but you can be happy about the bottom meters new trial shitface who got 3 upgrades for being carried and will hop to another guild next week
    Week ?? in Blizzard TM which means sometime between now and the end of time : You finally get full bis / high tf.
    Lets look at how it went in vanilla.
    Week 1 - You got nothing.
    Week 2 - You got nothing.
    Week 3 - You got something but you can't use it because it would put you under hit cap.
    Week 4 - Your BIS weapon dropped....and you got to watch someone else get it.
    Week 5 - You got nothing.

The more things change the more they stay the same. At no point in WOW's history has anyone been guaranteed to get all the gear they wanted just because they beat the raid aka it's always been subject to RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you seriously exaggerate things there. Like MASSIVELY exaggerate.

When I look at my guild roster we're all pretty much at same power level of 413+-3 ivls and people who have lower ilvl tend to have more sockets too, so it's even closer.

We have BoD out for what - 2 months - that's 8 weeks? At this point everyone in the guild is decently geared, not full omg BiS, but overall most people have things they wanted the most.

And it's not like we are farming Mythic BoD from week 2 or something. Maybe it's out loot system (loot council), but it's a trend for us - we quickly gain ilvls first 2 months and everyone ends up being decent gear-wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Week 3 - You got something but you can't use it because it would put you under hit cap.

The more things change the more they stay the same. At no point in WOW's history has anyone been guaranteed to get all the gear they wanted just because they beat the raid aka it's always been subject to RNG.
    Now this IS a true story on the other hand. Vanilla gearing - yuck. It was even worse than that - you had outright useless shit items all over the place and everyone and their mothers wanted a shot at a couple of items worth a damn. Especially because armor type was not locked - so for my Paladin a bloody cloth robe (and plenty cloth other stuff) was BiS, because our set was all over the place.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Gaidax thats a really cool story bro. I said bis as in high tf. You also left out the other part time job of farming high mythic + 30 hours a day to make close to that bis due the wonderfully magic tf system. Keep shillin on the Bfa the worst gargabe of wow expansion in history

Or lets look at how it actually went down:

Everyone used dkp in those times so it actually went something like

Week 1 - You got nothing
    Week 2 - You got nothing
    Week 3 - You got nothing
    Week 4 - Get something with dkp
    Week 5 - Get something with dkp

Or Pre Bfa . Loot council : You gear core/skilled/loyal and active people first instead of joe banana the guild hopper because blizzard wants to stretch it all into 3 months of sub

Yup, that's how it went. There's more RNG elements added to the game nowadays though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    I don’t understand why you are worried to play on your new computer? Waiting for Classic isn’t going to make a difference. The first thing I did when I got my new desktop was play FFXIV to see how smooth the graphics would be then I moved over to WoW.
    How was that? FF15? I’m not scared to play WoW these days, I’m just the personality type that when I do something it’s either 150%, or nothing. So my question stems from seeing if I could be great in WoW these days without putting as many hours.

In vanilla we used loot council so that no-one went forever without an upgrade.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Gaidax thats a really cool story bro. I said bis as in high tf. You also left out the other part time job of farming high mythic + 30 hours a day to make close to that bis due the wonderfully magic tf system. Keep shillin on the Bfa the worst gargabe of wow expansion in history
    OR... you just be reasonable about it and not go extremist crazy running after a very small TF chance there is nowadays?

There is like 1 guy in my guild who is totally cray cray about such things practically living in WoW. You think he has any more gear than me? Nope.

TF chance in BfA is so small that it's pointless to ram your head on a wall trying to grind it out in M+, which is about the only way to grind such thing to begin with, being the only unlimited source of gear per week.

We run guild statistics for quite a time and we found out that trying to farm TF and such ends up in humiliating defeat where you waste a metric ton of time for virtually nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    OR... you just be reasonable about it and not go extremist crazy running after a very small TF chance there is nowadays?

There is like 1 guy in my guild who is totally cray cray about such things practically living in WoW. You think he has any more gear than me? Nope.

TF chance in BfA is so small that it's pointless to ram your head on a wall trying to grind it out in M+, which is about the only way to grind such thing to begin with, being the only unlimited source of gear per week.

We run guild statistics for quite a time and we found out that trying to farm TF and such ends up in humiliating defeat where you waste a metric ton of time for virtually nothing.
    The "BIS chase" is a personal goal that a player sets for themself, the game does not do that. Why can they not just set a different personal goal? TF is a bonus not a gearing strategy.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    The "BIS chase" is a personal goal that a player sets for themself, the game does not do that. Why can they not just set a different personal goal? TF is a bonus not a gearing strategy.
    Well it's up to that person, I just find it funny to see people disappointed they don't get TF gear, as if it's some sort of guarantee.

I think the reasonable approach is that BiS is basic stuff that drops from Mythic and then if you get a lucky TF or two here and there then it's cool, but it's not the end of the world if you don't.

I have like 2 items that are 425 and it's not like they make or break my build or general gearing strategy. It's just ok, really.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-03-20 at 12:48 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or lets look at how it actually went down:

Everyone used dkp in those times so it actually went something like

Week 1 - You got nothing
    Week 2 - You got nothing
    Week 3 - You got nothing
    Week 4 - Get something with dkp
    Week 5 - Get something with dkp

Or Pre Bfa . Loot council : You gear core/skilled/loyal and active people first instead of joe banana the guild hopper because blizzard wants to stretch it all into 3 months of sub
    So even if you were doing your best you got nothing till the raid decided they wanted you to while complaining that you were bottom dps.
    Month 1-3 - You got nothing while working your ass off.
    Month 4 - You hoped no guild drama came up that forced you to start all over again.
    Month 5 - You watched as one of the guild master's friends joined and got moved ahead of you on the loot list.