Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it was designed to be that way tbh. The only time when you do more is bc you're grinding/farming or trying to do all your weeklies at once. I like to do my weeklies on reset and then farm mounts on alts. That's still barely 3-4hrs a day on avg.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Game is pretty much as good/bad as ever and current raid tier is exceptional. Also mmo-champ posters are as whiny as ever too. Sky isn't falling, if you want to play 3 hrs a night and raid, you will be able to same as in other expansions.
    I'll admit I haven't played since about ~2 months after BfA, but honestly to say is AS good OR better than ever is a very large stretch... even if you factor in your playstyle vs my playstyle. Have you played since launch? Do you raid? Do you raid difficulties past LFR?

I am raiding 2 nights a week. 2 hours and 45 min per raid. one or two mythic plus days per week. not really much more than 1-6 keys per weeks tops. Done that since legion came out, and in 8.1 i reached 411 gear level without any effort. We haven't even cleared heroic raid yet, due to bringing everything and have a rather lenient policy. We raid for fun, not really caring about progress as much as i want to but, yolo

Blizzard has, for years, operated on a principle they call the "Two Hours A Day" Principle. Where you can play WoW for at least 2 hours every other day or so and make some meaningful advancement to your character, as opposed to very old school MMOs were two hours of casual play would get you comparatively very negligible progress.

You can play 2 hours a day and be a top level raider at this point in the game's life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    So even if you were doing your best you got nothing till the raid decided they wanted you to while complaining that you were bottom dps.
    Month 1-3 - You got nothing while working your ass off.
    Month 4 - You hoped no guild drama came up that forced you to start all over again.
    Month 5 - You watched as one of the guild master's friends joined and got moved ahead of you on the loot list.
    Thats a scenario for a shitty guild in which nobody forced you to stay.
    Generally you get recognition and loot after a few raids of not being a total "sleep in the fire" and anti social with most of the guild.
    You had more consistent loot rewards ( more meaningful in a non tf cancer system) in correlation to how you perform and socialize with the guild.
    Looting only suddenly became an issue when the new casual babies cried in defense of the personal loot cancer which coupled with the fuckton of rng literally destroyed the raiding scene.
    People used to raid for the experience and social aspects not just the fucking loot, you would just stick around for tiers and entire expansions with a good guild. Today its just lets hop between the few dead guilds still playing for some extra +5 +10 ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    How was that? FF15? I’m not scared to play WoW these days, I’m just the personality type that when I do something it’s either 150%, or nothing. So my question stems from seeing if I could be great in WoW these days without putting as many hours.
    I understand now. I think anyone can be great if they apply themselves.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..