Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Lets look at how it went in vanilla.
    Week 1 - You got nothing.
    Week 2 - You got nothing.
    Week 3 - You got something but you can't use it because it would put you under hit cap.
    Week 4 - Your BIS weapon dropped....and you got to watch someone else get it.
    Week 5 - You got nothing.

    The more things change the more they stay the same. At no point in WOW's history has anyone been guaranteed to get all the gear they wanted just because they beat the raid aka it's always been subject to RNG.
    Yup, that's how it went. There's more RNG elements added to the game nowadays though.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosuke Aizen View Post
    I don’t understand why you are worried to play on your new computer? Waiting for Classic isn’t going to make a difference. The first thing I did when I got my new desktop was play FFXIV to see how smooth the graphics would be then I moved over to WoW.
    How was that? FF15? I’m not scared to play WoW these days, I’m just the personality type that when I do something it’s either 150%, or nothing. So my question stems from seeing if I could be great in WoW these days without putting as many hours.

  3. #63
    In vanilla we used loot council so that no-one went forever without an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I was bored with the Horde civil war plot in BfA the moment it started. Its a rehash. I'm expecting them it to be like 99% similar to the Garrosh story & then they do Shyamalan swerve at the end & then we'll see a bunch of comments & videos from people telling me "see its not 100% the same!" when that wasn't the complaint -- its TOO similar to the Garrosh plot.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    @Gaidax thats a really cool story bro. I said bis as in high tf. You also left out the other part time job of farming high mythic + 30 hours a day to make close to that bis due the wonderfully magic tf system. Keep shillin on the Bfa the worst gargabe of wow expansion in history
    OR... you just be reasonable about it and not go extremist crazy running after a very small TF chance there is nowadays?

    There is like 1 guy in my guild who is totally cray cray about such things practically living in WoW. You think he has any more gear than me? Nope.

    TF chance in BfA is so small that it's pointless to ram your head on a wall trying to grind it out in M+, which is about the only way to grind such thing to begin with, being the only unlimited source of gear per week.


    We run guild statistics for quite a time and we found out that trying to farm TF and such ends up in humiliating defeat where you waste a metric ton of time for virtually nothing.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    OR... you just be reasonable about it and not go extremist crazy running after a very small TF chance there is nowadays?

    There is like 1 guy in my guild who is totally cray cray about such things practically living in WoW. You think he has any more gear than me? Nope.

    TF chance in BfA is so small that it's pointless to ram your head on a wall trying to grind it out in M+, which is about the only way to grind such thing to begin with, being the only unlimited source of gear per week.


    We run guild statistics for quite a time and we found out that trying to farm TF and such ends up in humiliating defeat where you waste a metric ton of time for virtually nothing.
    The "BIS chase" is a personal goal that a player sets for themself, the game does not do that. Why can they not just set a different personal goal? TF is a bonus not a gearing strategy.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooti View Post
    The "BIS chase" is a personal goal that a player sets for themself, the game does not do that. Why can they not just set a different personal goal? TF is a bonus not a gearing strategy.
    Well it's up to that person, I just find it funny to see people disappointed they don't get TF gear, as if it's some sort of guarantee.

    I think the reasonable approach is that BiS is basic stuff that drops from Mythic and then if you get a lucky TF or two here and there then it's cool, but it's not the end of the world if you don't.

    I have like 2 items that are 425 and it's not like they make or break my build or general gearing strategy. It's just ok, really.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-03-20 at 12:48 PM.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Or lets look at how it actually went down:

    Everyone used dkp in those times so it actually went something like

    Week 1 - You got nothing
    Week 2 - You got nothing
    Week 3 - You got nothing
    Week 4 - Get something with dkp
    Week 5 - Get something with dkp

    Or Pre Bfa . Loot council : You gear core/skilled/loyal and active people first instead of joe banana the guild hopper because blizzard wants to stretch it all into 3 months of sub
    So even if you were doing your best you got nothing till the raid decided they wanted you to while complaining that you were bottom dps.
    Month 1-3 - You got nothing while working your ass off.
    Month 4 - You hoped no guild drama came up that forced you to start all over again.
    Month 5 - You watched as one of the guild master's friends joined and got moved ahead of you on the loot list.

  8. #68
    Dreadlord Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    906
    Yeah, it was designed to be that way tbh. The only time when you do more is bc you're grinding/farming or trying to do all your weeklies at once. I like to do my weeklies on reset and then farm mounts on alts. That's still barely 3-4hrs a day on avg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    "The fact that game was rigged from the start was also rigged from the start".
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Let's say, for example, that you're an intellectual. You begin gaming and are now surrounded by crass, anti-intellectual gamers.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Game is pretty much as good/bad as ever and current raid tier is exceptional. Also mmo-champ posters are as whiny as ever too. Sky isn't falling, if you want to play 3 hrs a night and raid, you will be able to same as in other expansions.
    I'll admit I haven't played since about ~2 months after BfA, but honestly to say is AS good OR better than ever is a very large stretch... even if you factor in your playstyle vs my playstyle. Have you played since launch? Do you raid? Do you raid difficulties past LFR?

  10. #70
    I am raiding 2 nights a week. 2 hours and 45 min per raid. one or two mythic plus days per week. not really much more than 1-6 keys per weeks tops. Done that since legion came out, and in 8.1 i reached 411 gear level without any effort. We haven't even cleared heroic raid yet, due to bringing everything and have a rather lenient policy. We raid for fun, not really caring about progress as much as i want to but, yolo

  11. #71
    Herald of the Titans therealstegblob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Kill All Mages
    Posts
    2,974
    Blizzard has, for years, operated on a principle they call the "Two Hours A Day" Principle. Where you can play WoW for at least 2 hours every other day or so and make some meaningful advancement to your character, as opposed to very old school MMOs were two hours of casual play would get you comparatively very negligible progress.

    You can play 2 hours a day and be a top level raider at this point in the game's life.
    i am not the real stegblob. My blog where I review books and crap.

  12. #72
    Pandaren Monk Vorkreist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    ATVI Board Room
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    So even if you were doing your best you got nothing till the raid decided they wanted you to while complaining that you were bottom dps.
    Month 1-3 - You got nothing while working your ass off.
    Month 4 - You hoped no guild drama came up that forced you to start all over again.
    Month 5 - You watched as one of the guild master's friends joined and got moved ahead of you on the loot list.
    Thats a scenario for a shitty guild in which nobody forced you to stay.
    Generally you get recognition and loot after a few raids of not being a total "sleep in the fire" and anti social with most of the guild.
    You had more consistent loot rewards ( more meaningful in a non tf cancer system) in correlation to how you perform and socialize with the guild.
    Looting only suddenly became an issue when the new casual babies cried in defense of the personal loot cancer which coupled with the fuckton of rng literally destroyed the raiding scene.
    People used to raid for the experience and social aspects not just the fucking loot, you would just stick around for tiers and entire expansions with a good guild. Today its just lets hop between the few dead guilds still playing for some extra +5 +10 ilvl.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    How was that? FF15? I’m not scared to play WoW these days, I’m just the personality type that when I do something it’s either 150%, or nothing. So my question stems from seeing if I could be great in WoW these days without putting as many hours.
    I understand now. I think anyone can be great if they apply themselves.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •