Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    The in-game shop always seems to expand and thrive right when the game is at its worst. Maybe it's just perception, but it feels that way. Sadly it's just going to get worse because people are willing to pay money on top of the sub money.
    It is just the game changing to suit it's new crowd of players. Wow isn't for people who enjoy mmorpgs and arguably hasn't for a while. It caters to people who like face book games or cow clickers. Mindless challenge less so content with the illusion of teamwork and ever increasing rewards.

The game that used to be is mostly dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Which is not very much money at all. You only have to buy four (4) normal priced $60 videogames every year to end up with same cost, so once every quarter. Most new videogames won't have enough content to last a whole quarter, so you'll end up buying DLCs on top of that. Also there's a good chance those four games also have cash shops for cosmetics. WoW is not very expensive.

I don't really see the problem. If you don't want to use the shop, then don't. If you don't like financing MDI/Arena, then don't. If you don't like playing WoW, because it's too expensive, then don't.

You are in control of this thing.
    I just miss back in the day when this didn't exist and when consumers weirdly didn't try to defend companies nickel and diming them.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    did anyone force you to buy anything in the first place?
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I agree. I could never begrudge people spending their money on what ever they want but a billion dollar company trumpeting record profits trying to get paying customers to fund their E:Sports event is having a laugh. If instead of saying "A portion of the sale of these toys will contribute to the prize pools for both WoW esports programs" they had said All the profits then i wouldn't find this outrageous.
    Store bought toys or not, the customer are funding their esports through other various means. Also it's only 25% and for a limited time.

What bothers me is that only a portion (25%) contributes to the price pool. In addition to that, it looks like even though that there’s a minimum of 500k, only after selling 200k of those toys the price pool actually increases (I could be wrong tho).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Tim View Post
    I just miss back in the day when this didn't exist and when consumers weirdly didn't try to defend companies nickel and diming them.
    Yeah, I'd love to go back to the 90's where you paid $70 for a game on a Sega that had 3 hours of gaemplay. Wooooo weeeeeeeeeeee

all the damn toy does is turn you into a random boss from WoW for 20 minutes.

CHILL BROS
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because people have money . and a lot of money .

people in west as long as they dont drop into debt spiral have easily 300-500 $/euro a month to spend on silly stuff.

and its important to self indulge yourself from time to time.

i can give you mine own example - last sunday i was skiiing in mountains and i spend 100 euro for gas/skipass/dinner - during this time i could as well sit on my ass at home and watch tv and "Save" this money - but intead this i spent enjoyable day - even though it didnt bring me any gains besides good feeling and fun .

same is with virtual goods - who are you to judge people who spend 50-100 euro a month on microtrasactions when they dont even notice it in their monthly budgets.
    I don't care for you since your activities don't affect me in any way. When you buy some shit from their store it affects me coz the company will expand their shop and scam buiseness practices instead of making games.

simple as that. when you do rmt you are factually enemy of the whole gaming industry

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trbn View Post
    I don't care for you since your activities don't affect me in any way. When you buy some shit from their store it affects me coz the company will expand their shop and scam buiseness practices instead of making games.

simple as that. when you do rmt you are factually enemy of the whole gaming industry
    whats the difference from having this toy in the shop for 10$ or having it in ingame vendor for 200k gold?

you can buy both using in game gold

rich guy can buy both using real money

but having it in shop generates more money, but in the end, you can still FARM gold and buy it via buying token, you know that dont you?

oh did we lose a whole tier because 2 toys? its something totally cosmetic, as long as people can buy it using "IN GAME GOLD" it doesn't fucking matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    whats the difference from having this toy in the shop for 10$ or having it in ingame vendor for 200k gold?

you can buy both using in game gold

rich guy can buy both using real money

but having it in shop generates more money, but in the end, you can still FARM gold and buy it via buying token, you know that dont you?

oh did we lose a whole tier because 2 toys? its something totally cosmetic, as long as people can buy it using "IN GAME GOLD" it doesn't fucking matter.
    you can't be serious with this

at first this game is lost since blizzard promoting gold selling by itself

second token is a scam

third rich guy would've been banned in a normal environment where gold selling is not allowed

fourth no one cares if it's cosmetic or not, you can' buy it with in game gold, because it has real money price (no one cares that you changed your money via token or something else, they have real money under them)

fivth you pay for this toys already with the current state of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Tim View Post
    or you miss those times because back then people could hide the fact how poor they were ?

im not writing this to be a dick - but its truth - most people dont mind spending 50 $ a month on microtrasactions in games they enjoy.

i get it - some people live in poor countries where 10$ is relatively decent amount of money - but its not blizzard fault that their economy is so fucked up .
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2019-03-20 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    people thow 800 eu for phones and a cosmetic that you dont have to buy is your problem

people thow 800 eu for phones and a cosmetic that you dont have to buy is your problem

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    people crying for anything and feeling entitled is why we cant have nice things

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or you miss those times because back then people could hide the fact how poor they were ?

im not writing this to be a dick - but its truth - most people dont mind spending 50 $ a month on microtrasactions in games they enjoy.

i get it - some people live in poor countries where 10$ is relatively decent amount of money - but its not blizzard fault that their economy is so fucked up .
    Not being stupid enough to waste 10 bucks equals bei ng poor now.

K.

did anyone force you to buy anything in the first place?
    it does not force you but ruins the game experience if we support this stupid practice because in the case of WOD we had mounts in the store that should have been in the game (with expansion thematic like the fey dragon and the bug mount) and supporting this it leads to this sort of things.

and instead of thematic mounts we had a tons of pigs ...

people crying for anything and feeling entitled is why we cant have nice things
    Yes wanting something ingame rather than paying for it is "entitled"

Jesus christ.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Jesus christ.....
    When there are already hundreds of other mounts and toys and helmets that aren't on the store, you really do.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Jesus christ.....
    does the toy make your character better is any way?
    will it help you win a raid boss fight or dungeon in anyway?
    it is cosmetic , other games sell shit for much more already

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    it does not force you but ruins the game experience if we support this stupid practice because in the case of WOD we had mounts in the store that should have been in the game (with expansion thematic like the fey dragon and the bug mount) and supporting this it leads to this sort of things.

and instead of thematic mounts we had a tons of pigs ...
    they sold helmets , none bought them , they removed them .
    dont buy it if you dont like it , vote with your wallet
    but it doesnt ruin your game in any way

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    When there are already hundreds of other mounts and toys and helmets that aren't on the store, you really do.
    No it's really not. And it's that kind of attitude that keeps them putting MTX into a sub based game.