Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is old news, has been known for atleast a month now. Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone at this point.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsav1 View Post
    I mean, you don't have to suck blizzards dick so hard.
    You seem confused, sucking Blizzard's dick would be telling you to buy it, not telling you not to.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    You seem confused, sucking Blizzard's dick would be telling you to buy it, not telling you not to.
    Shhhh....You will make them mad. These guys always think opposites, so if you tell them they don't have to buy it, they think you are telling them to actually buy it.

You shouldn't care if a cosmetic item is added for real money on a pay to play, and you shouldn't care about how much of it is going to "charity". It is generous of them to give any at all. They could have just released the items and not put it towards the prize money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop buying store items, they only serve to perpetuate this cancerous pay wall culture in gaming, which is especially horrible in a game that has both a box price and a subscription. Stop letting them cuck your wallet and they'll stop putting items in the game that make you think you look cool, but ultimately are extremely unimpressive given how you obtained said items.

The only exceptions are the pets where 100% of it went to charity (not that mongo woke women in coding one though LUL).
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    I just made the purchase.

I personally don't like it, and if you wanna rip Blizz by all means have at it... but let's not rip our fellow gamers please. They aren't to blame for this greed, they are just victims of it.

MTX on a subscription based game, ugh lol.

"you dont have to buy it" is never a good defense of poor business practices.

It only exists because "professional" WoW PvP players think that they should be getting more money while their tournaments pull 20-30k viewers on a good day. This is a highlight from last blizzcon btw https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft/clip/...MPEnergyCherry

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    It's the only true defense against business practices. If people are buying then in business it's the right thing to do. If they are not then in business it's the bad thing to do. It's simply put that simple.

Business isn't about making people feel happy because some sort of slight. (Sorry but putting something in a paywall that has no baring on the game isn't it.)

Honestly this is no different to 90s putting things on cover disks. You still have to pay for it, you might get a magazine that you like is the only difference. But usually most gaming magazines were 90% advertisement drivle mixed with cheat codes.

Quote Originally Posted by jaber2 View Post
    I just made the purchase.
    Well it cost you 1 or 2 extra dungeons for the game enjoy your shop toys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    checked in game, its not in the shop, you cant buy it (yet) but it is in the toy journal.
    gods please tell me they are not starting to sell fucking toys.
    You might be amazed by this but my local grocery has added some food stuffs (additional brands of BBQ sauces specifically) in the last week that I don't much care for. I never imagined to complain about it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    did anyone force you to buy anything in the first place?
    No and i want these items be rewards for doing content in the game what i paid for. And if you think this kind of stuff doesnt affect you even if you dont buy it then you are completly delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    Yes it is. It really is. The store is something that you can buy what you want and not buy what you don't want. It's a great defense. If no one buys them they'll likely disappear.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Yes it is. It really is. The store is something that you can buy what you want and not buy what you don't want. It's a great defense. If no one buys them they'll likely disappear.
    We've seen exactly this setup with the transmog helmets. They seem to not have been bought much, based on how many people in game were wearing them. Given that Blizz never made any new ones and the old ones are in the "Blizzney" vault, it seems likely that they fell victim to disappearing due to lack of interest.

So has anyone actually answered OPs question in what exactly it does?

Let's rage for no reason

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You might be amazed by this but my local grocery has added some food stuffs (additional brands of BBQ sauces specifically) in the last week that I don't much care for. I never imagined to complain about it.
    You say you didnt complain about it, but you did mention it here, just like others are mentioning their opinion on this topic? Strange.....Do you pay a monthly fee to gain access to the store? Did you invest in the building to begin with? Are most of the items rewarded for activities you complete while in the store that you paid to build and pay a monthly fee for access to? And now suddenly, while most BBQ sauces have been free as part of your monthly sub, they suddenly started making you purchase the new sauces? Are they using your money from purchasing those sauces to fund publicity for they store?

They also waited a little bit, and then nerfed the on use time from every 10 mins to once an hour. They are also using it to fund the prizepool of their little esport tourny. But as everyone says:

"this is fine"
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-03-20 at 01:05 AM.

Classic pay to win.

Why even play when you can just buy toys.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Classic pay to win.

Why even play when you can just buy toys.

/s
    Don't be like that pal, this toys are part of the pool for the e-sport even they were talking about in blizzcon I believe but I agree the ethereal xmog tool is a bit too much
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself