Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethus View Post
    Yeah, it did. That's why WoW's been left in a dumpster fire for good 7-8 years where only growth is from microtransactions while the quality of product and number of players steadily decline.

Someone else paid real money for those tokens. The issue is not in the type of items or whether they can be bought for gold, it's in the existence of microtransactions in a sub based game. Since BFA released we've seen a series of store schemes and this latest one where Blizzard asks players to pay for their dead e-sports circus.
    store schemes? lol are you for real , its a damn toy . what will happen if you dont buy it? you make it seem like toys make you a better player

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    These are to support their eSports program. Proceeds will go towards the prize pool for the Mythic Dungeon Invitational and Arena World Championship.

Basically you can buy these to increase the payout that will go to the winners of those competitions. Similar idea to the OWL items in Overwatch, and other such items in several other games with major eSports scenes.
    Okay, but why should I be doing that? Rather then the billion dollar company sponsoring these eSports programs which It has a boner for In each of It's games? I don't mind giving support to something I like and Is player and consumer friendly, but this isn't. Read the fine print my dude "For a LIMITED TIME 25 % of the earnings from the toys goes to eSports things" a limited time, and only 25 % Imean comeone. It's not like the toys were hard to make, we already have fancy fireworks that do stuff like that It likely didn't take anyone longer than a few days to make, even less.

It's almost as Insulting as the RED DOT SIGHT that Activision tried to pull in Call of Duty. This just shows how, again, the Claws of Activision are being dug deeper into Blizzard's dying husk.

Yeah, it did. That's why WoW's been left in a dumpster fire for good 7-8 years where only growth is from microtransactions while the quality of product and number of players steadily decline.

Someone else paid real money for those tokens. The issue is not in the type of items or whether they can be bought for gold, it's in the existence of microtransactions in a sub based game. Since BFA released we've seen a series of store schemes and this latest one where Blizzard asks players to pay for their dead e-sports circus.
    Exactly, Heroes has fallen, both the eSports and the game Itself is in Maintanance as Is WoW arguably since 9-10 years now. WoW only does well because of It's Microtransations, fancy mounts that we buy rather than earn Ingame, I predicted toys would be store Items in WoD. Now I'm predicting Allied Races will come with a fee to unlock Instantly without any quests or achivements needed to unlock them within the next 1-3 expansions.
    Last edited by TheVaryag; 2019-03-21 at 12:08 AM.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

How someone can have anything bad to say about this awesome toy is out of my mind.

I did buy it, for gold, as The GM of my guild and its hillarious Fun to pop it.

The quotes from The Bosses are The best.

....god-forbid that a game company sells anything "cosmetic" or "fun" to support their game... sigh, people...

Came back to this thread after a few days, hoping to find someone explain in detail, logically, emotionlessly, why this is such a bad, gamebreaking thing. Alas, was disappointed. Still only the usual bullshit of "sub game shouldn't have microtransactions", without any explanation as to WHY. Oh, well, at least the other posts were entertaining.

Dirty move, but expected from Acti-Blizzard. Players are already paying extortionate fees of $60 per expansion (a price fit for FULL games) and $15 monthly for a game barren of any meaningful content. That's $210 a year to play WoW. And on top of that they find a way to shoehorn microtransactions in, and now they even want players to fund an uninteresting and dead e-sport.
    You remind me of my friend. He actually quit WoW...around WoD I believe? mostly for financial reasons. He also kept going on and on about how there's nothing to do in WoW, how 15$ a month is a robbery, how expansions should be cheaper...Now he plays the "AAA" games, plus some indie stuff, since WoD he tried dozens, if not hundreds by now, with prices anywhere between 10 to 60$? 80$?. I don't think he played ANY of those games for longer than 2 weeks. And yet, somehow, 2 weeks of "fun" for 60$ is somehow perfectly fine and justified in his eyes, while playing WoW for months if not years for the same price...Bad deal. Oh, well. No one said people are smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Which is not very much money at all. You only have to buy four (4) normal priced $60 videogames every year to end up with same cost, so once every quarter. Most new videogames won't have enough content to last a whole quarter, so you'll end up buying DLCs on top of that. Also there's a good chance those four games also have cash shops for cosmetics. WoW is not very expensive.

I don't really see the problem. If you don't want to use the shop, then don't. If you don't like financing MDI/Arena, then don't. If you don't like playing WoW, because it's too expensive, then don't.

You are in control of this thing.
    A reasonable person? On MMMO-C? Dude, hide! Run for your life! They will eat you alive here.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post
    people crying for anything and feeling entitled is why we cant have nice things
    How do I upvote this guy?

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    Not being stupid enough to waste 10 bucks equals bei ng poor now.

K.
    Huh, guess you learn new things everyday. Dear diary, today I learned that spending money (a very tiny amount of money, I might add) on something a person enjoys, apparently means they're being stupid. Huh. Guess it takes one to know one.

I swear, these threads never fail to amuse me
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like Blizzard is a for profit business.

The aggressive 'people can buy this if they want' people in the thread are greatly amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    The aggressive 'people can buy this if they want' people in the thread are greatly amusing.
    Do you mean the "you dont HAVE to buy it" people?

Cosmetics or not, they are exclusive to the store. That's acceptable practice for free to play, or buy to play games. Not for buy, pay a sub, and here's extra stuff to pay for in store game like WoW. It absolutely ruins the game because it charges different fees three times over.
    Nobody cares about $25 Fortnite skins because the game is free to play. Having some unique mounts in game is no justification for store mounts. Blizzard is charging us monthly fees then uses that money to create store mounts and sell them to us, instead of creating interesting game content and rewards.
    Uh? Shops are a standard for all MMOs.

Looking at the ESO plus it kinda looks pay to win-ish to me?

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/esoplus

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Okay, but why should I be doing that?
    If you don't want to then don't. It's your choice to make.

Simple as that. You're (presumably) an adult, you can spend your money how you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Cosmetics or not, they are exclusive to the store.
    Yeah, but you can just buy two WoW Tokens off the AH (current price is about 110k gold each) and buy both toys. That's cheaper than some vendor mounts.

And you'd have $10 in Battle.net Balance left over that you could put towards a pet or a mount or whatever.

What i find surprising is the amount of whining here. Either you buy the toy or you don't. Nobody is forcing your wallet to buy them. *sure, your diehard toy collectors will most likely shell out the cash* but doesn't mean everyone has to.
    So what...blizz puts some toys in the store and it sparks an outrage. Buy or don't buy, it's pretty simple.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Yeaaa until something from the shop increases your power, we'll talk.
    I wonder if y'all know that the warforged nightmare is a mount that you can share with your party, too?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Tim View Post
    Not all of us bought terrible games though.
    What is terrible is subjective though. I couldn't care less about the Blizzard Store. I've never felt the need to buy anything from it. The mounts/Pets have always been meh to me. If anything I don't mind a system where people that want to pay extra money for non-essential shit help fund the game even moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Came back to this thread after a few days, hoping to find someone explain in detail, logically, emotionlessly, why this is such a bad, gamebreaking thing. Alas, was disappointed. Still only the usual bullshit of "sub game shouldn't have microtransactions", without any explanation as to WHY. Oh, well, at least the other posts were entertaining.

You remind me of my friend. He actually quit WoW...around WoD I believe? mostly for financial reasons. He also kept going on and on about how there's nothing to do in WoW, how 15$ a month is a robbery, how expansions should be cheaper...Now he plays the "AAA" games, plus some indie stuff, since WoD he tried dozens, if not hundreds by now, with prices anywhere between 10 to 60$? 80$?. I don't think he played ANY of those games for longer than 2 weeks. And yet, somehow, 2 weeks of "fun" for 60$ is somehow perfectly fine and justified in his eyes, while playing WoW for months if not years for the same price...Bad deal. Oh, well. No one said people are smart.

A reasonable person? On MMMO-C? Dude, hide! Run for your life! They will eat you alive here.

How do I upvote this guy?

Huh, guess you learn new things everyday. Dear diary, today I learned that spending money (a very tiny amount of money, I might add) on something a person enjoys, apparently means they're being stupid. Huh. Guess it takes one to know one.

I swear, these threads never fail to amuse me
    Nice bullshit ting you're doing there keep up with your poor understanding of the English language and retarded views.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Alas, it lasts 20 minutes and has 1 hour cooldown.

- - - Updated - - -

Warning! Toy has 10 minute cooldown, but you can transform yourself once per hour.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Transformation lasts 20 minutes, and stays active in combat and after death. Player characters can be transformed once every 60 minutes.
    Oh..i meant a permanent playable race.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.