Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    I was going to ask someone to explain how shelling over a hundred bucks for hardware and a monthly fee higher for the priviledge of paying for the games I want to play is a good idea in anyones mind... but everyone seems to be asking themself the same question.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why offer things like 4K? Also, this thing is going to be a drag on your network so I doubt you are going to be use mobile data for this.

Correct me if Im worng (seriously) but isnt the idea that all the processing will be done by their servers so all your device needs to do is handle the data? Which means, you are going to need high speed conection for it to work like an actual console or pc.

Some day this idea will be made a main stream reality... I dont think that day come this year or next.
    Why not offer a 4k version for those who want it?

As far as internet speed, it's FAR lower than I expected.

eh, fuck this orwellian company. why should i play games on something that'll ultimately wind up banning anyone that thinks the wrong way the instant they gain what they feel is a strong enough monopoly?

really needs to be regulation to break these tech fuckers up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    There is a 1080/60 free version coming.

Something people need to keep in mind, nobody coming to this forum is the base for this. This is more for the smart phone/tablet casual gaming base. This is for people who don't want to spend 500$ on a box or gaming pc to play games.
    If were not the target audience, then this is going to fail like the ouya

There is a 1080/60 free version coming.

Something people need to keep in mind, nobody coming to this forum is the base for this. This is more for the smart phone/tablet casual gaming base. This is for people who don't want to spend 500$ on a box or gaming pc to play games.
    You still need to buy games at that price. They have announced 0 free games. That's what makes the buy in so shitty.

I'm a firm believer that game streaming can work, but it only works if there's close to no buy-in. Stadia is not the platform that will show people streaming can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If were not the target audience, then this is going to fail like the ouya
    Eh, Sony admits they are a niche market, which is why they are teaming with microsoft, to compete with stadia because they know this is the future, and because they want a bigger piece of the pie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, Sony admits they are a niche market, which is why they are teaming with microsoft, to compete with stadia because they know this is the future, and because they want a bigger piece of the pie.
    Sony is the market right now. If gamers dont want to buy your game system, its going to fail

Sony is the market right now. If gamers dont want to buy your game system, its going to fail
    Sony ain't the market. As I said, this isn't to compete with Sony 500$ box niche market. This is for casual tablet/phone gamers, that's the big fish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sony ain't the market. As I said, this isn't to compete with Sony 500$ box niche market. This is for casual tablet/phone gamers, that's the big fish.
    100mil almost every gen isnt niche. Phone gamers are going to stick with their phone like always. Saying this is for casual gamers is just the ouya reapting itself.

100mil almost every gen isnt niche. Phone gamers are going to stick with their phone like always. Saying this is for casual gamers is just the ouya reapting itself.
    Sony admits they are niche, not sure why you can't. 100 mil vs billions playing on their phones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sony admits they are niche, not sure why you can't. 100 mil vs billions playing on their phones.
    Because they arent. Ouya tried to chase the market of 60 year old ladies playing candy crush on the bus too and look how that turned out :^)

Sony admits they are niche
    Gonna have to link that source pal.

Because they arent. Ouya tried to chase the market of 60 year old ladies playing candy crush on the bus too and look how that turned out :^)
    Both Sony and I disagree. Also Ouya was a box. Shitty comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...s_industry.php

which is why they are teaming with microsoft, to compete with stadia
    Uhh they are teaming up with MS because MS offered them a better deal then AWS did. The partnership literally ends at MS providing servers for Sony and Sony allowing MS to use some of their patents. There isn't going to be some streaming service with both MS and Sony games on it, PS Now and XCloud will be completely separate services.

10+ Year Old Account
    FYI, you don't need to pay at all except buy the games for the service. Stadia Base is free, capped at 1080p30 streaming, and you just need a compatible controller, which includes PS4 and XBOX One controllers.

You don't need to pay $10 a month, or the $129 founders pack, which is just some hardware, a game, and 3 months of stadia pro.

Stadia Pro is $10 a month, removes the 1080p30 cap and lets you stream 4k60. It also enables a Playstation Now / XBox Game Pass kind of thing where you get access to free games that they curate.

the controller is $60 if you want the wifi controller, but you dont need it.

So not sure why people are saying you NEED to pay for all of that, if you don't need to or want to?

I personally bought the Founders pack, but I also already play all my games on cloud gaming services like Shadow.

Shadow in EU seem better in this case.

Where he is showing thoughts like yours and then continues on to say in spite of those thoughts core gamers is their primary market?

lol okay.

Playstation generates 18 billion in revenue a year for Sony, and that doesn't include 3rd party majority cuts on their software to boot. If you think consoles are a small market you don't read Sony's financial briefings I take it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daegalus View Post
    FYI, you don't need to pay at all except buy the games for the service. Stadia Base is free, capped at 1080p30 streaming, and you just need a compatible controller, which includes PS4 and XBOX One controllers.

You don't need to pay $10 a month, or the $129 founders pack, which is just some hardware, a game, and 3 months of stadia pro.

Stadia Pro is $10 a month, removes the 1080p30 cap and lets you stream 4k60. It also enables a Playstation Now / XBox Game Pass kind of thing where you get access to free games that they curate.

the controller is $60 if you want the wifi controller, but you dont need it.

So not sure why people are saying you NEED to pay for all of that, if you don't need to or want to?

I personally bought the Founders pack, but I also already play all my games on cloud gaming services like Shadow.
    "You don't need to pay for it just pay full price for games and enjoy them at last gen resolutions and 30 fps".

lol okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow is in the US too. Im in California and using Shadow just fine from a Cali data center.

15+ Year Old Account
    Both Sony and I disagree. Also Ouya was a box. Shitty comparison.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah yes, the only sony division making money isnt a major maket for them. Lol.

This thing is also a box. Itll have a mobo with a wifi chip and usb ports. How many consoles that keep going after the casuals do we need to fail before you realize they just arent interested?

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

"If you look at the game industry as a whole, the console market is not a major market, rather it's a niche market, if you will," he commented. "But for core gamers, immersive experiences are something we would like to value."
    So not quite how beanman was portraying it, but they did sorta say it. Which is true in terms of overall sales volume in the gaming industry per year, but still an odd way to look at it.

Ah yes, the only sony division making money isnt a major maket for them. Lol.

This thing is also a box. Itll have a mobo with a wifi chip and usb ports. How many consoles that keep going after the casuals do we need to fail before you realize they just arent interested?
    Its funny there are people actually falling for google's latest scam. They do this all the time, launch project with no hope of it succeeding, quietly kill project. Cycle repeats itself because google has more money then God and has to justify having employees to do something even though these side projects NEVER work for them.