Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    you can make ai chase you while you are on mount and hes on foot

  2. #22
    The Hive Mind Demetrion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Unicomplex 01
    Posts
    1,850
    I don't know what's the fuss about this. They made this so people can see the new reworked AB and to test their AI.

    I did it last night to get closer to my conquest cap on alts. It was... fun. The AI tends to bug on stables.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    I don't know what's the fuss about this. They made this so people can see the new reworked AB and to test their AI.

    I did it last night to get closer to my conquest cap on alts. It was... fun. The AI tends to bug on stables.
    I also thought it was fun. Just maybe the AI could be a bit smarter.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    So the problem I have is Battlegrounds have always been PvP and they should stay that way. There is no reason to make PvE versions of them. On top of that their AI is terrible, leave it in Islands.
    Do you have any idea how stupid your argument is? Something has always been done a certain way, so it should never be done any other way. If humanity all followed your principle we'd still be living in caves.

  5. #25
    At this point there are 2 options for AI: undertuned and overtuned. Obvuously it was undertuned in order to increase participation so that they can gather data. Atleast that is what i'm thinking. It is a small step up from the Proving Grounds AI we had in Pandaria and i believe this feature will expand more and more. But for it to expand they need a lot of data in order to provide depth to their gameplay and i think we will probably see improvements on this by next xpac.

  6. #26
    They fight lie real Alliance. Maybe better sometimes....

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Do you have any idea how stupid your argument is? Something has always been done a certain way, so it should never be done any other way. If humanity all followed your principle we'd still be living in caves.
    Your comment is the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen.

  8. #28
    people need to actually chill and not freak the fuck out, when something new is tried in a BRAWL.
    its only for a couple of days and its doesnt limit your normal bg routine.

    also a lot of people here dont understand how ai learning works.

  9. #29
    This brawl is so dumb. I'm literally doing pve rotation on "players" while standing still and sometimes using kicks and stuns.

  10. #30
    why is this thread in the pvp forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    I don't know what's the fuss about this. They made this so people can see the new reworked AB and to test their AI.
    I've been under the assumption that this is testing their AI and/or there's actually a learning component behind it with the brawl allowing the AI to learn a bit. Someone already mentioned this, but Blizz would certainly err on the side of making the AI easy versus hard to get more data. It wouldn't be too difficult with their tech to make something that's insanely difficult that doesn't learn, but that would defeat the purpose of the AI if they're aiming to make it more responsive and actually learn from experiences. There's limited amount of learning you can do if you just roflstomp everything thrown at you because your parameters are so high strategy doesn't matter.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  12. #32
    Played 4 matches last night, won all 4 matches. Was pretty easy. The only bug I would say is that they too easily killed my pet (Warlock Felguard). That doesn't even happen in real PvP.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I've been under the assumption that this is testing their AI and/or there's actually a learning component behind it with the brawl allowing the AI to learn a bit. Someone already mentioned this, but Blizz would certainly err on the side of making the AI easy versus hard to get more data. It wouldn't be too difficult with their tech to make something that's insanely difficult that doesn't learn, but that would defeat the purpose of the AI if they're aiming to make it more responsive and actually learn from experiences. There's limited amount of learning you can do if you just roflstomp everything thrown at you because your parameters are so high strategy doesn't matter.
    From someone with MSc in AI, this is not trained AI. It's handcrafted by designers.

  14. #34
    Its just a brawl, little fun side event. If you have issues with it then dont play it and stop being a dork about it...

  15. #35
    The Insane Dug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    15,073
    Just hoping they don't remove rep gains from this before I finish grinding it out today

    The AI is easily exploitable and needs some work but I can see it working. Even in its current form I've had some groups that were close to losing (mostly due to player stupidity but still)

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Your comment is the most ridiculous statement I've ever seen.
    How so? Telling a video game company that they should never try anything new or try any new twists to anything is patently stupid. Just for the sake of battlegrounds if they never changed anything we'd still have to run out to the Barrens/Arathi/Hillsbrad to queue for them, AV would still be a 90% pve game against a bazillion npcs, and all the new BGs wouldn't exist because "they didn't exist before therefore they don't need to exist now."

  17. #37
    I love it

    Perfect for Mark of Honor, rep, wins farm

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Pv"P". lmao blizzard in 2k19
    Holy shit. I didn't know we were at the 200019 year already. The future is now guys! It is not weird that we are fighting against Skynet in diapers in Arathi Basin
    Last edited by Johnwho; 2019-03-21 at 06:31 PM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnwho View Post
    Holy shit. I didn't know we were at the 200019 year already. The future is now guys! It is not weird that we are fighting against Skynet in diapers in Arathi Basin
    Good meme, my dude.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    How so? Telling a video game company that they should never try anything new or try any new twists to anything is patently stupid. Just for the sake of battlegrounds if they never changed anything we'd still have to run out to the Barrens/Arathi/Hillsbrad to queue for them, AV would still be a 90% pve game against a bazillion npcs, and all the new BGs wouldn't exist because "they didn't exist before therefore they don't need to exist now."
    You are making ridiculous comparisons to unrelated things.

    PvP turned into PvE is dumb.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •