Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    You are making ridiculous comparisons to unrelated things.

PvP turned into PvE is dumb.
    In the case of Alterac Valley I'd argue it's been PvE from the beginning. Making AB match suit is no different. Sorry you hate new things, though. Maybe classic is more your style if you get a nosebleed whenever Blizzard experiments.

People really need to untwist those panties.. Its a fucking brawl, its not like they are gonna do away with pvp battlegrounds.

I've noticed that the bots are way too good at interrupts compared to random battlegrounds. Random battlegrounds you can generally hide in the back and cast heals some of the time. With the AB vs. bots, healers can only use instant casts. Period. Cast time heals can only be used when all opponents are dead or you will be interrupted. I got in one with 5 healers, and everyone agreed with me. You can't cast anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt the bots are increasing in difficulty as the days go on but man the first 10 matches or so on Wednesday were stomp after stomp with 4 and 5 caps. Now I'm either getting garbage teams or the bots changed. Still haven't lost but a lot harder than it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I doubt the bots are increasing in difficulty as the days go on but man the first 10 matches or so on Wednesday were stomp after stomp with 4 and 5 caps. Now I'm either getting garbage teams or the bots changed. Still haven't lost but a lot harder than it should be.
    I was actually curious and came here to look for this. I've done a lot of ABs since yesterday for rep and it feels like they stealth buffed this. Not by much, but where I used to win 5 bases to 0 and kinda stomping (a few games were 1500-0) now its a lot more closer like 1500-900 or similar. Could just be bad teams though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I was actually curious and came here to look for this. I've done a lot of ABs since yesterday for rep and it feels like they stealth buffed this. Not by much, but where I used to win 5 bases to 0 and kinda stomping (a few games were 1500-0) now its a lot more closer like 1500-900 or similar. Could just be bad teams though.

and you are right, was in about 10 tonight and a majority of the groups noticed the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Just got out of one where we nearly lost... now is that a testament to the bots or the play of my fellow Alliance?

Was testing the bots a bit, and some of their playstyle really isn't that bad. There's still some single-minded activities, but when it was 4 bots vs me alone at a node I was defending, the bots actually set me up in a CC chain to keep their flag capper from getting hit. However, I think bots can actually be better than humans when it comes to this since getting exact timings and respecting DR is effortless for AI. Did anyone else notice that certain bot classes tended to stick together, especially in groups of 5? Wonder if they're going to bring back 5v5 as PvAI.

If I had an annoyance, my BG addons don't work well with the bots, so it was kind of hard to keep tabs on things. Also, I was noticing the bots constantly would go from 20% to 100% HP without seeing a single heal go off. Maybe they get uber healthstones or access to the PvP pots.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

They actually fight quite well in a group, interrupting, cc'ing and focusing on targets. But they are stupid as bricks when it comes to tactics. It's really easy to get them all to clump up at one base while you cap the other 4. Just keep attacking the flag closest to their spawn point and they won't run away from it.

And the moment when you realize some people in your group are still worse than those bots.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    And the moment when you realize some people in your group are still worse than those bots.
    That's a bit funny though. First day was full stomp mode but yesterday there were some games against the bots that felt harder than some games i've had against real players. There's definitely some improving to be done on how they are scripted and what they do tactically, but they move as groups (or send stealthers), they interrupt, stun and if you go in alone against 2 or 3 you will have a semi-hard time.

As for the outrage over "PVE in PVP" I think someone else said it well that they are showing us new AB while also testing their AI a bit and it's just a brawl so I don't see a big issue with it for now. Whether this means in the long run they are looking to add some sort of transition-into-PVP mode with bots (so newbies can learn how the BGs work) I don't know honestly. Maybe the future gives us new islands with new features and they are trying to improve their AI, it could be whatever reason.

I don't like that Blizzard has buffed the bots' damage as it puts all the heavy lifting on healers' shoulders, who already have to work with very little mana in PvP, not to mention the kickbotting. I hope that simply buffing damage of dumb AI isn't what they resort to when they end up implementing AI like this.

the other thing i noticed is that the seem to be immune to silence abilities, there were multiple times in interrupted a greater heal only to see it instantly being cast again.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    I played 4 games for my weekly. I am 406 blood DK. I capped LM and went for stables, where I tanked 10 AI's whole game without any help, so we had whole time 4 bases and almost every enemy NPC were traing to kill me
    It was quite fun, but PVP is PVP, AI's are quite boring and cant kill 10v1 one tank.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's not PVP, so i don't understand why it is in the PVP tab.
    Strap on your shields and raise your banners, Hear the call of raging battle
    Beneath a hail of burning arrows
    Push ever forward, never surrender
    Siege weapons tolling out like thunder, Ripping the city walls asunder
    Columns of flame reach ever skyward
    Horizons filled with burning pyres

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    People really need to untwist those panties.. Its a fucking brawl, its not like they are gonna do away with pvp battlegrounds.
    The problem is more the general idea behind that, similiar to the AI during Island expedition.

It feels like Blizzard tries to sell some fake cigarettes.

Non-Smokers won't buy it because they don't smoke.
    Smokers won't buy it because they want the real thing.

The honest question behind the Brawl and the Island Expedition AI is, how much development time did Blizzard invest into those AI's and what kind of crowd they actually want to sell it to?

The AI's aren't bad, but i feel like they wasted a lot of time something that doesn't have a big fanbase.

PvE players don't want simulated PvP Content, because they don't like PvE.
    PvP players want real PvP, not against an AI.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The problem is more the general idea behind that, similiar to the AI during Island expedition.

The honest question behind the Brawl and the Island Expedition AI is, how much development time did Blizzard invest into those AI's and what kind of crowd they actually want to sell it to?

The AI's aren't bad, but i feel like they wasted a lot of time something that doesn't have a big fanbase.

AI is the LFR of PvP.

Without LFR, they would not be able to justify the costs of making raids, as the majority of the community would never play them. But they do thanks to LFR.
    AI will become the exact same for "PvP": The majority of players do not participate in PvP, maybe with AI they might, especially if the rewards are good enough. This warrants Blizzard puts more ressources in new maps etc.

Of course playing against AI is not PvP. But neither is LFR raiding. Because the core, fundamental idea of raiding is not to "zerg around with a big group", it's coordination. LFR does not feature coordination, so it's not raiding.

It's just about bringing the majority of players into content designed for minorities. Because the majority neither likes to PvP nor to coordinate. And i think it's a very good approach that MIGHT actually work. They tried the direct way and just focus more on the content that the majority plays. That's what brought us Worldquests, Island Expeditions and Battlefronts. That content was designed for the "majority" from the ground up...and it sucks. It just playin sucks. Content designed for the majority is shit. It's just shit. So, imho, it is indeed much more clever to try and lure the majority into content created for minorities.

I did 20 or something Arathis vs AI. They were the first BGs i played in...what? 2 years? (I did 10 RBG wins at the end of Legion). So it worked...it got me back into content i would otherwise have not played. If that justifies making some new maps for the "real" PvP community....win-win, i would say.

It will certainly not get me into "real" BGs again. The same way LFR does not encourage anybody to try normal raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

Its an enjoyable waste of time in the Brawl rotation.

Dont like it, dont play it.

As for how much development time was spent... it really depends. Guys working on AI weren't doing much else anyway. Its not like they could just be dropped into a different team to speed up what that team was doing.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Hopefully they expand it to other maps. Would make Brawls bearable to get a chunk of conquest for transmog sets once a week since for some ungodly reason they are not putting ensemble vendors this time. PvP already has rating and elite sets so no real reason to complain.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

You people seem to forego the fact that the AI are running with a full 410~ ilvl setup. If you check their HP bars, they are all around 220k hp and 350k for the prot specced AI classes.

This means, if your own team consists of primarily (i had this a lot unfortunately) fresh 120s or somewhere in their midways of gearing, say 380 ilvl or so, you`r not stomping them. This turns into true PvE, whereas the ilvl edicts whether you kill a boss in Dazar'alor normal Mekkatorgue vs Jaina HC or Rastakan mythic. You can mostly pin-point the threshold of whether you`r going to win a close match 1500v1200~ or stomping them 1500v0 in a 5base cap scenario. Other factors also include the amount of healers or even personal skill but to a much lesser extent.

Otherwise, we can conclude that if you joined a com-stomp match vs AI and you somehow end up with 15 real players all around 410 ilvl, you`d literally stomp them since no matter how scripted the AI get, they cannot intervene yet at equal power.

So if you haven`t been winning 5-0 against AI, you essentially had an undergeared team prevailing against higher ilvl AI bots. Just like raidboss encounter.

(p.s. some funny bugs and glitches too, AI discpriests turning into angels after death, lay on hands going off on other AI bots as far away as 80-100 yards and frost mages getting frostschool kicked yet ice blocking 1 second after the fact. Must be more, but these i have observed so far.)

10+ Year Old Account
    The AI is trash in it's current form so I hope they learn a lot from this testing.