Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    AI is the LFR of PvP.
    Yet said AI first surfaced in Island expeditions, which is clearly PvE as there is an explicit PvP option.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Its an enjoyable waste of time in the Brawl rotation.

Dont like it, dont play it.
    I haven't even said a word about whether this brawl is enjoyable or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Guys working on AI weren't doing much else anyway. Its not like they could just be dropped into a different team to speed up what that team was doing.
    I'm sure you have sources to back this up, because i would wager it's just speculation on your part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Biggest joke I've ever seen. The AI is not only trash but Battlegrounds shouldn't ever be PvE. Blizzard is a complete joke now.

Whoever said "let's have PvE battlegrounds" should be fired.
    i think Blizzard is testing out new AI formulas for future things that would use this style of AI ... it 's just a test

I enjoyed. I hope alterac also implement this AI soon. a.i. is better than human in flag, silence, and mind-broken when they are losing the game. I was shocked when a.i. rogue dance on player's corpse. It's not certain, but I think a.i. is improving day by day first day was very easy so win 5 point was so easy. but 3rd day it quite hard and I heard someone lose a.i. game
    Last edited by acein20; 2019-03-23 at 03:40 PM.

I'm sure you have sources to back this up, because i would wager it's just speculation on your part.
    Because guys who are good at coding AI aren't necessarily skilled at creating terrain or art. Thats kind of how software development works. No one can code everything. You cant just take the guys from the AI team and plop them down in mob scripting and be like "OK, do this job you've never done before, and do it faster than the guys already doing it".

Adding people to a team who need to be brought up to speed often slows the team down, not speeds it up, because the people already on the team have to teach the new guys, AND go over all their work for months to make sure they aren't screwing it up.

If youd like an inside view on how that kind of stuff works, read The Mythical Man Month:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mythical_Man-Month

Just because a guy is good at one thing doesnt mean hes good at something else. Developers arent just interchangeable, and you often cant succeed by simply throwing more people at the problem. Doesn't work that way and never has.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    After playing this for a bit:
    The AI is better than most players when it comes to actual combat. The AI NPCs consistently focused on me (healer), would interrupt at any opportunity and used CC to lock people down.
    Where the AI utterly failed was strategy. While rogues would cap flags you left unguarded as they should, they NPCs had no clear strategy, could easily get confused between two objectives and constantly run back and forth, would easily be distracted and join combat away from a capture point and would also run around one by one instead of waiting for a bigger push.
    If the latter was fixed, I'd say the AI would be more effective than your average Arathi group.
    I am not battleground player because i hate to play with pure casuals but are people rly that bad so AI is better in some situations?

I can understand people who play bgs only and do world quests, emissaries have low oppurnity to get better but i don't belive that AI does anything better

AI is questionable. Damage is too high but AI itself is pretty bad which makes winning easy. They instant interrupt but it’s so random, they can scale cliffs (at least to lm in ab) if you knock them off and they often don’t use abilities. They also seem to be immune to MC which is quite odd.
    I definitely enjoy fighting it and I look forward to blizz improving the AI over time.

Every time I tried to MC someone it said ‘immune.’

The only problem I saw as a Demo Warlock was the AI seriously did a number on my Felguard and killed it often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazfemic View Post
    Do your activities qualify for achievements in the brawl?
    Not the ones I need. I tried to get the defending a base achieve (I'm literally 6 away from the 50 I need) and it didn't count.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    Every time I tried to MC someone it said ‘immune.’
    The NPCs all have reduced CC effects. My stuns only hit them for like 2s while it stuns players for 6s.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Not the ones I need. I tried to get the defending a base achieve (I'm literally 6 away from the 50 I need) and it didn't count.

- - - Updated - - -

The NPCs all have reduced CC effects. My stuns only hit them for like 2s while it stuns players for 6s.
    oh hmm yeah that explains it then. kinda odd though I expected them to make the bots (‘ai’) as lifelike as possible *shrug*

only thing good is the names of the AI, fkn lost it at ghaldon the glacial lmao witaF

Maybe they all have Relentless?
    All bots used adaptation. And they might as well be immune to MC since they are NPCs after all. They were immune to rogue distract, straight up said immune.

Maybe they just trinket it?
    No, they're just immune to MC.

I think the important thing is to stop looking at the PVP vs AI as PVP and start looking at it as PVE. As PVE, I liked it. No dumber than instances, etc, I found it more entertaining. The actual fights are, of course, boring and uninteresting, but if they work on the strategy, it might be good enough to log in, win a couple, log out.

Yeah I think anyone who tried to compare it to PvP is being silly.

Honestly if they improve their ability to make strategic decisions, they'd be quite decent opponents. I honestly found them far more effective in combat than your average person in random BGs.

Why do you call it silly? =)

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    The only problem I saw as a Demo Warlock was the AI seriously did a number on my Felguard and killed it often.
    HAHAH me too. Those AI are NOT FANS of my felguard they would go out of their way to murder it. Still that means the felguard is doing his job but you have to really keep an eye on his status.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    I'm not sure that Blizzard understands the meaning of AI. First island expeditions, now BGs. Those things are just more advanced NPCs. How the hell can they be called AI when they do the same thing over and over? Our team has all 5 bases, camps at stables, and the "AI" just repeatedly tries to get back stables instead of capping any of the other undefended flags....
    AI is just a fancy cool word without any real meaning.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't super bad, but our team had no heals in 1 game, and single heal in the next 4, so it wasn't too easy. Plus alliance hp on average 140k so fresh toons, while NPC were around mine, 220k. AI also hated my elemental with passion.