Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Arathi Basin Comp Stomp

What are your general impressions of the Comp Stomp?

Like? Dislike? Would you like to see it expanded to other forms of PVP or not? What are your thoughts about the overall level of the AI implemented?

- - - Updated - - -

For me thus far: everything has been a 4 cap. They usually send 2 stealthers to stables at the start and D up at BS for their lone base.

I generally think this won't be expanded to other forms of PVP and it primarily exists as a one off thing in a Brawl, and in a sense was to show off the remastered Arathi Basin one week after patch. Or maybe it was to have like this occasional PVP starter experience so more people get into it. The Comp Stomp name is a throwback to the old Starcraft custom games, but I've wondered if that means it was also intentionally set up for you to win most of the time.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-03-19 at 08:10 PM.

i loved it for the defiler rep, is easy grind this week. IA hit hard, but is stupid you cap 4 point and they levae like 5 people in the other point so easy wins, only annoying thin is a people being afk in your team and the fact they always have 3 healers even if you have 1

If you need anything from AB, this is your week. Unless they make changes during the week.

Do your activities qualify for achievements in the brawl?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's so EZ that this is funny...
    Free gold, free PvP potions and items, marks. That thing even counts for the weekly BGs event..

Biggest joke I've ever seen. The AI is not only trash but Battlegrounds shouldn't ever be PvE. Blizzard is a complete joke now.

Whoever said "let's have PvE battlegrounds" should be fired.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    What are your general impressions of the Comp Stomp?

Like? Dislike? Would you like to see it expanded to other forms of PVP or not? What are your thoughts about the overall level of the AI implemented?

- - - Updated - - -

For me thus far: everything has been a 4 cap. They usually send 2 stealthers to stables at the start and D up at BS for their lone base.

I generally think this won't be expanded to other forms of PVP and it primarily exists as a one off thing in a Brawl, and in a sense was to show off the remastered Arathi Basin one week after patch. Or maybe it was to have like this occasional PVP starter experience so more people get into it. The Comp Stomp name is a throwback to the old Starcraft custom games, but I've wondered if that means it was also intentionally set up for you to win most of the time.
    I just did It. It's the worst PvP feature they've tried to Implement, other than every PvP feature since Legion but that's beisdes the point.

What the actual fudge, why is this a thing? AI can't do shit. Let them stay shit In Island Expeditions where they atleast pose a mild challange and even that all they do Is jump around In a circle pattern when you Interrupt them or get too close to Hamstring them.

It's an easy win, that's all this is.

Sylvanas / 10

That's how bad It is. This should Immediatly be removed as a feature from PvPing, AI doesn't belong Into a PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER ENVIROMENT. Don't get me wrong, nice try, Blizz legit nice try. But no, It doesn't work, move on. You know how I say reinventing the wheel every expansion Is their biggest problem and they should stop and Innovate on what they have? Well not this, get rid of this, It's really bad and shouldn't be a feature at all, I mean PvPing Is already boring as It is.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

I'm not sure that Blizzard understands the meaning of AI. First island expeditions, now BGs. Those things are just more advanced NPCs. How the hell can they be called AI when they do the same thing over and over? Our team has all 5 bases, camps at stables, and the "AI" just repeatedly tries to get back stables instead of capping any of the other undefended flags....

Pv"P". lmao blizzard in 2k19

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Biggest joke I've ever seen. The AI is not only trash but Battlegrounds shouldn't ever be PvE. Blizzard is a complete joke now.

Whoever said "let's have PvE battlegrounds" should be fired.
    Its to test their new AI, IMO its a good way to test it

Considering what a shit show Wintergrasp was last week, I personally love this Brawl. Sure it is easy and I've done mostly five caps, but at least it isn't a glitch fest. One that sees players unable to use the guns on siege vehicles, or graveyards that glitch and don't rez you. But the siege vehicles are able to kill your ghosts allowing the opposing faction to just spam the last graveyard for over 2k in honor rewards. It is nice to be able to just have a bit of fun, throwing together some AI and seeing how it does against players gives valuable data on what they need to tweak. I am sure that people would just 'love' AI that are so damn powerful they only cap stables, leave the other points uncapped just so they can farm graveyard kills just like real players do when things turn into a one sided shit show.

The brawl is annoyingly easy. Just idiotic to try to introduce this system to pvp. PvP stands for player vs player not player vs ai.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    Its to test their new AI, IMO its a good way to test it
    So the problem I have is Battlegrounds have always been PvP and they should stay that way. There is no reason to make PvE versions of them. On top of that their AI is terrible, leave it in Islands.

I love the new pvp brawl and wish it were permanent!! Good job Blizz!

I figured out a couple of tricks to easily 5 cap for fast rep farming: on a druid you can aoe root them + the pvp talent that makes roots not break fast. This lets all the pve heroes on your team safely aoe them down. Also disc/shadows can greater fade and then immediately start capping for a good chance to cap it while some npcs are still alive. You can also knock them back before you do this for an even better chance.

Basically you want to direct your team to spread out to 4 points so that the entire enemy team spawns at their stables or farm, and then most of your team push for that point for a quick 5 cap.

Eh, it's okay. I don't like how people are able to obtain Defilers/League rep or PvP rewards from what is basically a PvE shitshow.

most other shooter/moba games have some kind of "player vs bot" mode, and nobody bats an eye
    wow tries to introduce a "player vs bots" mode, and everybody screams hate.

seeing how they just began the whole "smart NPC" stuff in earnest this expac (there were small hints of it in earlier expacs, like caster npc running away instead of melee hitting once silenced), it is normal for the system to be not perfect yet.
    let them improve it, and apply it to the BGs where you have to kill NPCs, like AV or IoC.

i agree that current AI has a long way to go, but the same was true for other things in the game.

i loved this.

a free win is always fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it yield honor?

Honor Level 400 is light years away for me, as I don't PvP, but want the pets.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Interesting concept, poorly implemented.
    The idea of AI usage for something like this is interesting, but as others have said it’s PvP.
    Also there’s the idea that it will be extremely difficult to ever balance NPCs vs Players in something like this. The swing will almost always be too much in the easy or difficult factor, and will take time to ever truly balance.
    Of the 2 I’ve done, we’ve 5 capped and I’ve noticed there’s always 2-3 NPCs that just try to run out of the spawn to get to a node while the others rez separately and die 2-3 at a time. Even after you attack the ones that run out of the GY they just keep trying to run to a nearby node to try and cap while being killed easily.
    The heals use CDs willy nilly and never seem to protect themselves at all.
    Again, interesting idea for a PvE experience, just so far it is not working as Blizz probably wants.