Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The true question is, would Blizzard give Drakonid females boobs?
    You talking like Tauren females or Sethraliss style?

If we get Drakonids then I could see them being more Sethraliss style in terms of differences between male/female player options.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    ^ Yeah.

As much as I love dragons I just can't see there being a whole lot of them left....to justify them becoming a race. But then again Velves are just a crack team....so anything is possible.
    That just means its time to get new lore on dragons, new aspects, solving their problem with breeding, lots of opportunities there

Not gonna happen because Blizzard is gonna say "it's to hard to make a female model". Because they're terrified of creating females who are not cutesexy and disappointing the wanker segment of the playerbase.

I would rather have drakonid be a proper new race than an allied race! They deserve their own starting zone and experience. With the Dragon Isles being teased in BfA, we might see more of them soon!

WoW male & female Drakonids

he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

5+ Year Old Account
    I like the drakonid idea. It reminds me of the dragonborn from d&d.
    Very nice male and female characteristics. (example: http://lrpc.wikidot.com/dragonborn

They could do it like the pandaran, a new race where you have to choose a side, since dragons are not true horde or Alliance.
    Skin colors? Well, at least 5 different colors with each maybe 2 or 3 shades?

I consider myself a man of principle who left WoW because of Blizzard's rotten business practices and my disagreement with quantity, quality, and state of the game.

I vowed never to return...

but I would unironically resubscribe if I get to be a fucking dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    I consider myself a man of principle who left WoW because of Blizzard's rotten business practices and my disagreement with quantity, quality, and state of the game.

I vowed never to return...

but I would unironically resubscribe if I get to be a fucking dragon.
    Who wouldn't!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post

I could actually see this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    Not gonna happen because Blizzard is gonna say "it's to hard to make a female model". Because they're terrified of creating females who are not cutesexy and disappointing the wanker segment of the playerbase.
    Last edited by Lionwoman; 2019-03-20 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

I bet that if we got playable dragons of some kind, it wouldn't belong to any of the 5 original flights, there are so many varied dragonflights now that nullify the "but the dragons lost their power!" argument...

Some sort of redeemed chromatic dragonflight comes to mind.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post

This is hilarious and sad at the same time because it's exactly what would happen.

I'd love drakonid or dragonmen as an allied race. When Wrathion was in the Stormwind Embassy during that Blizzcon demo build of BfA and then removed, I assumed it had something to do with a draconic allied race. We've seen that Wrathion is good friends with Anduin, so a dragon race that's part of the Alliance makes perfect sense. Also, those dragonmen mobs actually use the worgen rig, so there's that too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I like the art piece but don't think we're at the draconoid time yet. If so, would mean the flights are in to picking a side now - which ones should be on what side?
    I would say...
    Horde: Red, Bronze*
    Alliance: Black (if they still exist), Emerald, Blue*

Realistically I think they'd simply put dragnoids on the Alliance and the flight type would be a cosmetic option.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

I already posted an idea for black dragonflight as an allied race months ago and im sure plenty of others thought of it so its not like youre stealing it from reddit lol. While drakenoid could be a part of that l, i think drakenoid is the worst option because their art looks poor imo.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    they would function much better as a Neutral race

...or how about Neutral Allied Race?

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    they would function much better as a Neutral race

...or how about Neutral Allied Race?
    If the "conventional wisdom" holds true from the High Elf discussion, neutral races were a failure Blizzard would like us to forget.

OT: I could see some sort of Dragon Race working if done right.

For example, say the Infinite Dragons attack the Bronze and nearly wipe them out. The rest of the flights would become interested in what exactly is going on and how to stop it.

Perhaps the Chromatic, Twilight and other "corrupted flights" could join forces. The remaining Dragonflights would seek allies powerful enough to hold off and fight back against the corrupted dragons. The Black and Blue dragonflights would fit in with the Horde, while Red and Green would fit in with the Alliance.

It wouldn't necessarily have to be Allied or Neutral races. Each faction could get 2 flights with similar racials or perhaps something like the Zandalari where they could choose to align with one flight over another for a set amount of time.
    Last edited by Neverafter; 2019-03-20 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    If the "conventional wisdom" holds true from the High Elf discussion, neutral races were a failure Blizzard would like us to forget.
    well , given there is currently only 1 neutral race , i could understand that .... they are the least played race in the game. personally i would chaulk that up to pandaren simply being uninteresting , look dumb , and have shitty animations

but an upright dragon-like creature that 's tall and looks cool ? AND you could play on either faction ?

I was hoping this as soon as allied race concept was announced. Almost every zone in legion you will meet dragons. Specifically dragons in trouble.

Azuna, blue dragons are suffering.
    Val'shara, Ysera
    Highmountain, Ebonhorn (this isnt actually dragons being in trouble, but is still related to dragons.
    Stormheim, Fel vrykul have betrayed their dragon allies! You also help the dragons.

Basically only suramar doesnt have dragons.

Dragonkin/drakonid could be neutral allied race, if nothing else fits.

But seriously, after events of cataclysm, dragons have been in trouble. I seem to recall they have hard time reproducing. They are weaker. They have lost much of their power. They are no longer the too powerful race to be not playable.
    There are also different types of dragons. Possibly you could split something like reds+green for alliance and bronze+blue to horde.

This way because reds are basically the nicest dragons+nelves are very much connected to green dragons due to druid background.
    As far as horde goes, blue's are a bit on the agressive side (wotlk storyline) + stuff happening at sunwell at its time had relation to blue dragons. Horde already have nightborne that very good time related magic so thats why bronze could fit on horde side too.

Blacks dont have huge numbers (at least not the friendly ones) so possibly they are not any faction, but this is just me thinking solutions.

As to lore, why the dragons would ally themselves with alliance and horde. They might be looking for way to fix their problems. Basically find a way to prevent their extinction. Alliance and horde are very powerful factions so there is a good reason to side with them.

Dragons! I want playable dragons! Dragonkin. Drakonids! Anything! Dragons!

I would prefer them to be shapeshifting class.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I already posted an idea for black dragonflight as an allied race months ago and im sure plenty of others thought of it so its not like youre stealing it from reddit lol. While drakenoid could be a part of that l, i think drakenoid is the worst option because their art looks poor imo.
    Yes, maybe. If not Drakonid then what else? They are bipedal. The best option of all draco-ings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I was hoping this as soon as allied race concept was announced. Almost every zone in legion you will meet dragons. Specifically dragons in trouble.

Azuna, blue dragons are suffering.
    Val'shara, Ysera
    Highmountain, Ebonhorn (this isnt actually dragons being in trouble, but is still related to dragons.
    Stormheim, Fel vrykul have betrayed their dragon allies! You also help the dragons.

Basically only suramar doesnt have dragons.

Dragonkin/drakonid could be neutral allied race, if nothing else fits.

But seriously, after events of cataclysm, dragons have been in trouble. I seem to recall they have hard time reproducing. They are weaker. They have lost much of their power. They are no longer the too powerful race to be not playable.
    There are also different types of dragons. Possibly you could split something like reds+green for alliance and bronze+blue to horde.

This way because reds are basically the nicest dragons+nelves are very much connected to green dragons due to druid background.
    As far as horde goes, blue's are a bit on the agressive side (wotlk storyline) + stuff happening at sunwell at its time had relation to blue dragons. Horde already have nightborne that very good time related magic so thats why bronze could fit on horde side too.

Blacks dont have huge numbers (at least not the friendly ones) so possibly they are not any faction, but this is just me thinking solutions.

As to lore, why the dragons would ally themselves with alliance and horde. They might be looking for way to fix their problems. Basically find a way to prevent their extinction. Alliance and horde are very powerful factions so there is a good reason to side with them.

Dragons! I want playable dragons! Dragonkin. Drakonids! Anything! Dragons!
    Dragons yes!