Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    99% of the people didn't even level up all the allied races out there. And you want new one...
    But I would bet at least 50% have ether leveled, are leveling, boosted, or RC'ed into one, and at that point its just flavors of content.
    Wouldn't even need to be 50% participation for it to be worth continued development, If they hit 25-40% its worth investing time.

As for Dragon men/kin I Personally have 5 toons I would dump into the dragon faction ASAP (only thing I would miss is my 10% rep, but I'm already exalted with 101/102 so I don't really need it anymore.) in addition to leveling 1 new one for the armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I like the art piece but don't think we're at the draconoid time yet. If so, would mean the flights are in to picking a side now - which ones should be on what side?
    Well if they did indeed do a split dragon faction, about the only one that is 100% nailed down I would say is the green flight being Alliance. yes Horde have druids as well, but I don't think anyone could make the argument that any race of the Horde would ever come close to the night elves...

Past that, it evens up a little more, but funny enough at least by my reckoning most of the flights end up being Alliance based as well...

Blues would most likely ally with the Kirin tor which while neutral have always been Alliance leaning. Also The Horde did slaughter a bunch of blue dragons in order to steel the focusing Iris as to wage war against the Alliance.

Reds have made some friends on both sides, but they have had more help from the Alliance who Freed Alex for the Orcs, and they helped the reds clean out grim batol in cata, and the Reds have blessed the night elves twice. Meanwhile the Reds really only had what thrall did for them as a net positive, meanwhile the Horde still has members of the Dragonmaw clan in their ranks, and they do currently have a warmonger leading them who wants to wage a war on life...

Blacks while currently not of significant numbers could be brought back somehow, after that It's kind of up to Wrathion. He dose like the current King of Stormwind, but he also disliked the fact that the Alliance speared the Horde after MoP so... who knows.

The Bronzes seem the most distant, although out of nowhere they seemed perfectly okay with braking the timeline by bringing AU Orcs back to the main universe solely to help the Horde wage war... So I guess we can say they are Horde leaning... idk....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Yes, maybe. If not Drakonid then what else? They are bipedal. The best option of all draco-ings.
    Personally Something I always wanted is Dragons that take on a more elegant (about the size of a nightelf, smoother lines, ect) Drakonid form instead of Drakonids themselves. In game they take on every other races form, why couldn't they have a halfway shape that the use as to not intimidate while still maintaining their identity.

Would be cool if they could use their dragon form as racial ability giving them 10-20 seconds or so extra burn that doesn't stack well with other raid CDs as to not make it OP. Put it on a longer CD (Like 10-20 min), and just disable it in arena.

If that wouldn't work they could at least make it a flight form with the ability to carry 1-2 people like the sandstone drake.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    The times of dragons are over in WoW. The aspects lost their power. Malygos, Neltharion and Ysera are dead. And most if not all dragon flights lost a substantial amount of their population.
    All the more reason to have Drakonids or Dragonspawn. They are, themselves, not true Dragons, simply mortals that have become very dragon-like. They have the blood of that Dragonflight flowing through them, but they're still different.

I'd love to see a city of neutral Drakonid/Dragonspawn who have been granted freedom from the Dragonflights and allowed to make their own way in the world, now that the Aspects Titan-given duty is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    But I would bet at least 50% have ether leveled, are leveling, boosted, or RC'ed into one, and at that point its just flavors of content.
    Wouldn't even need to be 50% participation for it to be worth continued development, If they hit 25-40% its worth investing time.

As for Dragon men/kin I Personally have 5 toons I would dump into the dragon faction ASAP (only thing I would miss is my 10% rep, but I'm already exalted with 101/102 so I don't really need it anymore.) in addition to leveling 1 new one for the armor.

- - - Updated - - -

Well if they did indeed do a split dragon faction, about the only one that is 100% nailed down I would say is the green flight being Alliance. yes Horde have druids as well, but I don't think anyone could make the argument that any race of the Horde would ever come close to the night elves...

Past that, it evens up a little more, but funny enough at least by my reckoning most of the flights end up being Alliance based as well...

Blues would most likely ally with the Kirin tor which while neutral have always been Alliance leaning. Also The Horde did slaughter a bunch of blue dragons in order to steel the focusing Iris as to wage war against the Alliance.

Reds have made some friends on both sides, but they have had more help from the Alliance who Freed Alex for the Orcs, and they helped the reds clean out grim batol in cata, and the Reds have blessed the night elves twice. Meanwhile the Reds really only had what thrall did for them as a net positive, meanwhile the Horde still has members of the Dragonmaw clan in their ranks, and they do currently have a warmonger leading them who wants to wage a war on life...

Blacks while currently not of significant numbers could be brought back somehow, after that It's kind of up to Wrathion. He dose like the current King of Stormwind, but he also disliked the fact that the Alliance speared the Horde after MoP so... who knows.

The Bronzes seem the most distant, although out of nowhere they seemed perfectly okay with braking the timeline by bringing AU Orcs back to the main universe solely to help the Horde wage war... So I guess we can say they are Horde leaning... idk....

- - - Updated - - -

Personally Something I always wanted is Dragons that take on a more elegant (about the size of a nightelf, smoother lines, ect) Drakonid form instead of Drakonids themselves. In game they take on every other races form, why couldn't they have a halfway shape that the use as to not intimidate while still maintaining their identity.

Would be cool if they could use their dragon form as racial ability giving them 10-20 seconds or so extra burn that doesn't stack well with other raid CDs as to not make it OP. Put it on a longer CD (Like 10-20 min), and just disable it in arena.

If that wouldn't work they could at least make it a flight form with the ability to carry 1-2 people like the sandstone drake.
    It sounds to me like some kind of fetish. Pray your fetish away. Drakonids are meant to be intimidating and mighty in appearance. Admit you have some odd scaey fantasies.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladimirM View Post
    99% of the people didn't even level up all the allied races out there. And you want new one...
    99% of people have never leveled all of be original races should they have never added any more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The Bronzes seem the most distant, although out of nowhere they seemed perfectly okay with braking the timeline by bringing AU Orcs back to the main universe solely to help the Horde wage war... So I guess we can say they are Horde leaning... idk.....
    indeed but if you ponder by ancient blood, then Ebonhorn would be the leader of the Black Dragonflight.

As for the Bronze, they seem to be the easier fractured into assisting. In our timeline's case, we've seen many events where the Bronze Dragonflight aid to keep Horde events as they should - even to the point of splitting timelines with Garrosh.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Haha that is so true. I was picturing Birdo from Mario 2 lol
    As if most girls would want to play female char without extensive dimorphism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    I would say...
    Horde: Red, Bronze*
    Alliance: Black (if they still exist), Emerald, Blue*

Realistically I think they'd simply put dragnoids on the Alliance and the flight type would be a cosmetic option.
    Not sure Red would side with the Horde. Given the orcs history with Alexstraza. Yeah, that all happened 30+ years ago in game, but that's like a blink of the eye for a dragon. She may have forgiven, but I don't think she or her flight forgot.

If something like this were ever introduced, I suspect Drakonids to be Alliance with the flight color just being cosmetic or at most with a varying breath attack racial ability while Horde got something like Ogre or half Ogres (finally).

Way back in the day, Drakonids were one of the races in game that certain WoW higher ups said that they'd like to see playable some time in the future. Metzen or Ghostcrawler or one of them I think it was. Doesn't mean anything, but just something I recall hearing.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-03-21 at 03:16 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Not sure Red would side with the Horde. Given the orcs history with Alexstraza. Yeah, that all happened 30+ years ago in game, but that's like a blink of the eye for a dragon. She may have forgiven, but I don't think she or her flight forgot.
    Yeah but I put them there bc of Red flight's bias/gravitation towards BEs and strong beliefs in family/blood. If given a chance for a proper apology, they'd fit in with that part of the Horde pretty easily. After all, plenty of races in the Horde joined while hating at least 1-2 members of it. The dragons have often proved wiser/more forgiving than mortals, but I see them ultimately being totally Alliance in the end.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Please! Humanoid dragons would definitely be an awesome race!

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The true question is, would Blizzard give Drakonid females boobs?
    They already have boobs my man.

And yeah, these are pretty cool, I'd like if you can pick which color dragon you are.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by dunkl View Post
    Please! Humanoid dragons would definitely be an awesome race!
    The sooner the better. 8.3!

I want Sethrak before another reptilian race (even dragons, which is as ironic as my avatar would tell you it is). Mostly for lore consistency's sake, with the dragons in such dire straights any creation of a new species of any kind of dragon would feel identical to void elves where a race is made, without logical implications of population size or number.

I'm all for throwing the dragons a bone though, it's mostly "Do they write it competently", which I don't have faith in.

Wrathion was originally in the Alliance embassy so I could definitely see chromatic dragonkin for the Alliance