Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @CryotriX Thank you and No, never ever believed into his crap. Since high school. Now I am 32. Nothing changed. I knew back than they were religious fascists , and I still hold that opinion. His base is voting for him for either hardcore religious reasons or economic profits they gain, like tenured spots in offices etc. Scumbags, all of them. But no matter what happens, when he cannot even feed his own base, he will be taken out of his palace by his very own base.
    Do neighboring countries have to worry about Erdogan trying any funny business if he starts losing power? He's already greatly increased violations of Greek air and sea boundaries and has been causing new problems in Cyprus the last few weeks. Should Greece, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Syria, etc worry about him trying to start a war or dispute to hold on to power?
    No ideology has been more murderous or detrimental to human dignity than Communism
    Quote Originally Posted by kidkilla View Post
    The Ottomans brought civilization to Greece.
    Oh my...

The Unstoppable Force
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Do neighboring countries have to worry about Erdogan trying any funny business if he starts losing power? He's already greatly increased violations of Greek air and sea boundaries and has been causing new problems in Cyprus the last few weeks. Should Greece, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Syria, etc worry about him trying to start a war or dispute to hold on to power?
    If he starts a war with Greece or Bulgaria he's going to get his shit pushed in by NATO.

More likely he'd go all "Genocide the kurds!" since the Turks seem to like blaming minorities for their problems and then decide genocide is the way to solve it.

What would even happen then? I mean you would have NATO country attacking another one. Though Grece is also EU country so I doubt they would dare to do such. I mean they are gonna have some coup and internal fightning for sure, but outside probably not.

He is economically in no position to pull any kind of shit. You can rest easy. That kind of talk is all fantasy. You know these religious crowd. All talk. When they see the police, they disperse in seconds (had a funny video in in Istanbul those fuckers shouting sharia then police appears and they threw their retarded clothes and run away). Erdogan is same, all talk. I would be afraid however, if these people were on the left.

He cannot do shit without the permission US or Russia. Because of his shit policies he is stuck so bad between those. Syria is another topic though, we share a border with Syria. 822 Kilometers. It kinda confuses me some other foreign country dictates what should be done when they share 0 border with the said country. Just to clarify tho, I do not endorse any of his shit plans in Syria.

Anyway I can easily say, anything you read that sounds like OMG TURKS ARE COMING is just a bed time story to scare children. Feeding the masses in the same way "OMG THEY GUNNA TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY!". Same shit, same masses, different topic.

An average Turk has no problems with any of their neighbors. I had Greek students, I sent students to Greece. I have Greek friends, We go to Greece, you go to Turkey.
    If anything, I can link you hundreds of messages from eksisozluk (something like reddit where mainly young population dwells) how in positive light we see you.
    Last edited by Gref; 2019-03-20 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    He is economically in no position to pull any kind of shit. You can rest easy. That kind of talk is all fantasy. You know these religious crowd. All talk. When they see the police, they disperse in seconds (had a funny video in in Istanbul those fuckers shouting sharia then police appears and they threw their retarded clothes and run away). Erdogan is same, all talk. I would be afraid however, if these people were on the left.

He cannot do shit without the permission US or Russia. Because of his shit policies he is stuck so bad between those. Syria is another topic though, we share a border with Syria. 822 Kilometers. It kinda confuses me some other foreign country dictates what should be done when they share 0 border with the said country. Just to clarify tho, I do not endorse any of his shit plans in Syria.

Anyway I can easily say, anything you read that sounds like OMG TURKS ARE COMING is just a bed time story to scare children. Feeding the masses in the same way "OMG THEY GUNNA TAKE OUR GUNS AWAY!". Same shit, same masses, different topic.

An average Turk has no problems with any of their neighbors. I had Greek students, I sent students to Greece. I have Greek friends, We go to Greece, you go to Turkey.
    If anything, I can link you hundreds of messages from eksisozluk (something like reddit where mainly young population dwells) how in positive light we see you.
    Oh yeah, I don't fear Turks, I just fear what nationalism and religious fanaticism can do in our corner of the world. Not just Turkey either. Look at Yugoslavia in the 90s. But as you said, not much happens in that area without the US or Russia being involved in the background. I'm Greek Orthodox, but don't really care to get into a religious war with anyone.

But yeah, Greek and Turkish girls, man >.> I do miss Balkan women here in Seattle. Not a very large community where I'm at.
    No ideology has been more murderous or detrimental to human dignity than Communism
    Oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If he starts a war with Greece or Bulgaria he's going to get his shit pushed in by NATO.

More likely he'd go all "Genocide the kurds!" since the Turks seem to like blaming minorities for their problems and then decide genocide is the way to solve it.
    I see anybody having that kind of opinion as a salivating, drolling lunatic playing fortnite and while wanking. There is no way Turkey is gonna attack any country anytime.

As for genocide kurds part, No matter how many times I type here I still see this kind of posts. Here we go again;
    my uncle is a kurd. He was the head of civilian defence in Canakkale city, in governors building. he retired with tens of honors. My dean at the university is a kurd. faculty head is also kurd.(They were still holding their positions last time I checked). My own cousin married a kurd("asiret" we say, he has a huge family), and that guy is banging my blonde cousin hard every day. I had kurd friends, students and neighbors. My brother votes for HDP (kurdish party) and they are 3rd biggest party in the parliament outnumbering the nationalist MHP.

Please stop with that nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Stelio Kontos God Bless EU and Erasmus program. I was lucky enough to join an event of the university, where Turkish and Greek girls danced together to the same music.
    10/10 would attend again

It's just far right shittalking, you can compare him to Trump.
    I don't think Greece has anything to fear.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Sometimes, I feel things never change. This is a very loaded speech for both my country (Romania) and our Greek friends to the south. Erdogan called us "giaours". This is how the Ottomans called us for centuries while occupying our lands, kidnapping our youth, raping our women. It's pretty much the N word, used for white Christians, and it has historical connotations of the worst kind.
    It is a virtue to devote one’s self to something, firmly believing in one’s own ideals. But that does not mean it’s alright to belittle the ideals or feelings of others.

It's not that I'm "offended". I'm saddened, because I deeply want to put history where it belongs, in the past. I never considered Turks our enemies, they're not responsible for the deeds of their ancestors.
    The more you try to leave behind that history the more it will haunt you. Greek people are very proud of their history, so much that they fight "Macedonia" for their name. So it would seem odd for Greeks to forgive the past mistakes of Turkey so easily. Turkey needs to live in peace with other religions as well as their neighbors as they seem to be dictated by their religion.
    This is just fanning the flames of conflict for no effing reason whatsoever. Just... why?
    Political theater to gain more power. When America had their terrorist attacks the politicians will say nasty things to gain support. The world may hate what Erdogan said but I'm sure the Turkish citizens are eating it up.

Air violations are a bit less common after he sacked nearly his entire air force, he doesn't have that many people left who can actually fly.

For Greece and Cyprus the concern is largely the exploitation of natural resources in the Aegean. It is a travesty that Greece sits on significant gas and oil reserves yet can not make any use of them because of constant Turkish aggression. Ultimately perhaps the only good way to go about it is for the three countries to co-own these resources and make fair use but there is little appetite to trust the Turkish government on anything.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2019-03-20 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Air violations are a bit less common after he sacked nearly his entire air force, he doesn't have that many people left who can actually fly.

For Greece and Cyprus the concern is largely the exploitation of natural resources in the Aegean. It is a travesty that Greece sits on significant gas and oil reserves yet can not make any use of them because of constant Turkish aggression. Ultimately perhaps the only good way to go about it is for the three countries to co-own these resources and make fair use but there is little appetite to trust the Turkish government on anything.
    I know Greece has been working with Cyprus and Israel on energy exploration. And I know Turkey's been rather bellicose about the prospect. Between Erdogan's tantrums about it, and I wouldn't be surprised if Germany/the EU wanted their cut of the profits from the gas and oil exploration as well, would the energy industry even turn more than a modest profit for Greece? I can follow the news and what my aunt tells me when I call home every week, but not sure how much oil/gas drilling would help Greece or if it would just find its way into others' pockets.
    Oh my...

I know Greece has been working with Cyprus and Israel on energy exploration. And I know Turkey's been rather bellicose about the prospect. Between Erdogan's tantrums about it, and I wouldn't be surprised if Germany/the EU wanted their cut of the profits from the gas and oil exploration as well, would the energy industry even turn more than a modest profit for Greece? I can follow the news and what my aunt tells me when I call home every week, but not sure how much oil/gas drilling would help Greece or if it would just find its way into others' pockets.
    There is not that much oil but there is a LOT of gas down there. Even if Greek corruption manages to screw the people from those cashflows, tapping into the Aegean gas reserves can satisfy much of the need for gas in Southern Europe.
    The problem is that:
    a) The US would rather sell Europeans their own LNG than us having access to more resources.
    b) The Russians depend on their gas being indispensable
    c) The Germans largely prefer the use of Russian gas lines that ends in Germany and gets redistributed from there, making a tidy sum for Germany

In short, a move that will increase the energy independence of Southern Europe significantly and which should be geopolitically a no-brainer to support for both the US and the EU stumbles on adverse economic realities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    There is not that much oil but there is a LOT of gas down there. Even if Greek corruption manages to screw the people from those cashflows, tapping into the Aegean gas reserves can satisfy much of the need for gas in Southern Europe.
    The problem is that:
    a) The US would rather sell Europeans their own LNG than us having access to more resources.
    b) The Russians depend on their gas being indispensable
    c) The Germans largely prefer the use of Russian gas lines that ends in Germany and gets redistributed from there, making a tidy sum for Germany

In short, a move that will increase the energy independence of Southern Europe significantly and which should be geopolitically a no-brainer to support for both the US and the EU stumbles on adverse economic realities.
    Is the new natural gas pipeline Russia and Turkey built under the Black Sea causing any issues for the Germans in that regard? Last I heard they might expand the TurkStream pipeline into Greece and across into Italy. But of course that serves only to make Europe more dependent on Russian gas, I'd suppose.
    Oh my...

It's his game really. With economy struggling he can't really score points there, so instead he goes for "outside enemies seeking to destroy us" card used by many shitty regimes to strawman people away from his failures.

It's like Russia which constantly brainwashes its population with about how US and the West is out to get them and they must resist their evil tentacles of doom.

This is an effective tactic really, but not sustainable for a long term, because eventually their bullshit catches up to them - unless they go ahead and create some artificial conflict to remind people of THE REAL ENEMY.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-03-20 at 12:43 PM.

Erdogan is such a fucking clown.