Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Checked out once I saw attunements. Blanket no response to your idea.
    same . another classic is uber game thread.

    those people are pathetic cant even wait for release .

    one thing that makes me super happy is how fater classic will fail and we will never see this bs again on forums .

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    remember balance of power?
    Yeah a lot of people had that on 12 toons. I got it on 6 during nighthold
    a lot is a strong word when you have no data to back it up.

    im extreme altoholic but even i given up at some point because of how pointless and boring it was.

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    5,624
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    same . another classic is uber game thread.

    those people are pathetic cant even wait for release .

    one thing that makes me super happy is how fater classic will fail and we will never see this bs again on forums.
    Keep dreaming m8. Much like BfA lovers troll regularly the Classic subforum, I fully expect the opposite to keep happening as well. Especially with folks who get triggered as easily as you
    Quote Originally Posted by Danuser
    we created a story structure for Sylvanas that, on the surface, echoed many broad strokes of the road Garrosh took (...). These parallels were intentional. But it's within the nuance that we sought to show the story grow and change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    BFA was about as nuanced as a golf club to the testicles/ovaries.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    attunement chains and high entry requirements for raid are why split raiding was never a problem until relatively recently. they should make it take weeks of grinding per toon, so people dont have 5 alts attuned.
    There's no point in doing things to prevent split runs, the crazy people will find a way to do them anyway. This, on the other hand, would negatively impact people who just want to take their alts to runs occasionally.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    same . another classic is uber game thread.

    those people are pathetic cant even wait for release .

    one thing that makes me super happy is how fater classic will fail and we will never see this bs again on forums .

    - - - Updated - - -



    a lot is a strong word when you have no data to back it up.

    im extreme altoholic but even i given up at some point because of how pointless and boring it was.
    kay, but I'm not gonna go be like "here check out these armories"
    people who got all 36 mage tower skins are the type that have balance of power on several alts.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    attunements were locked behind repwalls too, pal.
    Heroic keys needed rep
    I know that. I played in Burning Crusade too, and I enjoyed the attunement stuff. It felt good being the guy who had the key to open the gate for Arcatraz, the urn to summon Nightbane etcetera. That's my own personal opinion and experience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    First, we already have quests that set up a raid. They're just not required. Second, putting actual content behind a time gate would piss even MORE people off. New raid came out but the main tank didn't finish the attunement that needs 2 more weeks? Find a new tank or whole group doesn't raid. Sounds awful.
    See, I understand that would be a problem. But why can't we make some updated versions of attunement here eh? Account-wide completion, doors / gates that can be opened by anyone who did the attunements, quests locked behind playable content (Dungeons, raids, scenarios etc)

    I hate time gating myself, I am not promoting time gating, I'm promoting reasons to do the content we do. I were doing Uldir before I quit, as an Alliance player, and i knew jackshit about what was going on, why we were there, or what we were doing storywise. That is a huge disconnect, and completely shatters immersion of any kind. An attunement quest could set the raid up, and give the alliance side a reason or purpose to doing Uldir.

    I can't speak for Atal'dazar, since I quit early Uldir, but from personal experience, the game, the raids and the stories felt much grander during TBC, and that is most likely thanks to the attunement quests. Stating a personal opinion, not a fact.

  6. #26
    I didn’t mind attunements. Maybe make it mythic only though so the casuals get to raid as well with a busy irl schedule.

  7. #27
    More world quests? Remove those braindead zero-fun WQs completely instead of adding more.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    It would be a very good thing but the developers absolutely despise anything that was created by a previous team so it'll never happen.
    it can if we get rid of them all, the current sub-par performance is alone reason enough.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    And how would you suggest we do that?
    back more vocal critics of their design philosophy, toxify the community towards the dissuasive media managers, and ultimately drive the company's stock into the ground by destroying the public image of their services until financial necessity dictates a change.

    works in every other form of commercial media.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    attunement chains and high entry requirements for raid are why split raiding was never a problem until relatively recently. they should make it take weeks of grinding per toon, so people dont have 5 alts attuned.
    Funny, since we haven't had those since BC.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Keep dreaming m8. Much like BfA lovers troll regularly the Classic subforum, I fully expect the opposite to keep happening as well. Especially with folks who get triggered as easily as you
    Classic is classic, retail is retail. People need to get that into their heads as soon as possible. Some of the changes OP asks are one of the main whine points we have already but more of them.

    What retail really needs is something fresh for the specs to be more fun, except some that are already fun and fixing of azerite meh. So either 8.2 or 9.0 will tell. I really love my fury warrior so I only have a problem with azerite and sockets being included on TF/WF, the sockets should be on the gear before TF/WF, og and yeah, TF/WF having a limit of 10+ ilvl

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    attunements were locked behind repwalls too, pal.
    Heroic keys needed rep
    And even Blizzard had to lower the rep requirements after a bit.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Modern WoW players don't want any RPG whatsoever in the game. They just want to raidlog and have every class be carbon copies of each other in their respective roles. Everything else be damned.

    Not that I blame them though, it's the mentality that Blizzard has been enforcing since WotLK. Oh well, at least they are bringing Classic back.
    Aye. Can't wait to play a real RPG this Summer.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    kay, but I'm not gonna go be like "here check out these armories"
    people who got all 36 mage tower skins are the type that have balance of power on several alts.
    But then that a lot actually turns into relatively few. Especially when you claimed a lot have it on 12 characters.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Aye. Can't wait to play a real RPG this Summer.
    LOL at WoW being a real RPG. Sure, it's more of one compared to WoW today, but it was fairly light as an RPG back then.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    But then that a lot actually turns into relatively few. Especially when you claimed a lot have it on 12 characters.

    - - - Updated - - -



    LOL at WoW being a real RPG. Sure, it's more of one compared to WoW today, but it was fairly light as an RPG back then.
    Nah. Classic was a proper RPG. Had the good old pen and paper aspects and whatnot.

    But /shrug can't change your opinion I guess. Of course you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. Would never tell you otherwise.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Modern WoW players don't want any RPG whatsoever in the game. They just want to raidlog and have every class be carbon copies of each other in their respective roles. Everything else be damned.

    Not that I blame them though, it's the mentality that Blizzard has been enforcing since WotLK. Oh well, at least they are bringing Classic back.
    What do attunements have to do with RPG?

    Hero: "Oh look, there is the door to this dungeon full of dangerous enemies that need to be vanquished asap".
    Faction dude: "Well, actually, I don't know you that well, so I don't want you to go in there and safe us. Please first do these 100 quests and that dungeon with less dangerous enemies a few dozen times."

    No, there's a lot of RPG stuff that was removed (feeding your pet, getting reagents for certain spells, leveling up weapon skill, etc), but attunements are not part of that. They were just artificial time gates, the kind that gives people hissy fits when they are added now.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nah. Classic was a proper RPG. Had the good old pen and paper aspects and whatnot.

    But /shrug can't change your opinion I guess. Of course you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. Would never tell you otherwise.
    You apparently. As an old PnP vet, I t was very light on classic RPG aspects compared to actual PnP, older MMOs, and other cRPGs. I agree it's less so now.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    What do attunements have to do with RPG?

    Hero: "Oh look, there is the door to this dungeon full of dangerous enemies that need to be vanquished asap".
    Faction dude: "Well, actually, I don't know you that well, so I don't want you to go in there and safe us. Please first do these 100 quests and that dungeon with less dangerous enemies a few dozen times."

    No, there's a lot of RPG stuff that was removed (feeding your pet, getting reagents for certain spells, leveling up weapon skill, etc), but attunements are not part of that. They were just artificial time gates, the kind that gives people hissy fits when they are added now.
    I would say looking at attunements from that aspect isn't really fair, and I hated them. From that approach, you as the player know about the raid/dungeon or whatever you need the attunement. But your character is unaware of what is going on until you get through the attunment quests to understand the dangers going on. Attunements would be more like the quests/adventure you play through before you know about a certain dungeon. Like the old sage in the tavern who has you do some stuff before she informs you of a treasure buried deep within towns mountain.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    What do attunements have to do with RPG?

    Hero: "Oh look, there is the door to this dungeon full of dangerous enemies that need to be vanquished asap".
    Faction dude: "Well, actually, I don't know you that well, so I don't want you to go in there and safe us. Please first do these 100 quests and that dungeon with less dangerous enemies a few dozen times."

    No, there's a lot of RPG stuff that was removed (feeding your pet, getting reagents for certain spells, leveling up weapon skill, etc), but attunements are not part of that. They were just artificial time gates, the kind that gives people hissy fits when they are added now.
    People, in general, will throw a hissy fit about any arbitrary thing. Attunements did enhance the RPG experience, and they very much were time gates. However, this is an MMORPG, what isn't a time gate... really?

    I generally enjoyed attunements. It created a great sense of character progression. Getting attuned to Onyxia, getting the UBRS key, getting the key to Karazan were all pretty amazing moments. I felt more attached to my character in Vanilla and TBC than any other expansion. Who has any kind of attachment anymore. If your character were deleted today... it would only take a short period of time to get a new character back to around the same progression.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    I know that. I played in Burning Crusade too, and I enjoyed the attunement stuff. It felt good being the guy who had the key to open the gate for Arcatraz, the urn to summon Nightbane etcetera. That's my own personal opinion and experience.



    See, I understand that would be a problem. But why can't we make some updated versions of attunement here eh? Account-wide completion, doors / gates that can be opened by anyone who did the attunements, quests locked behind playable content (Dungeons, raids, scenarios etc)

    I hate time gating myself, I am not promoting time gating, I'm promoting reasons to do the content we do. I were doing Uldir before I quit, as an Alliance player, and i knew jackshit about what was going on, why we were there, or what we were doing storywise. That is a huge disconnect, and completely shatters immersion of any kind. An attunement quest could set the raid up, and give the alliance side a reason or purpose to doing Uldir.

    I can't speak for Atal'dazar, since I quit early Uldir, but from personal experience, the game, the raids and the stories felt much grander during TBC, and that is most likely thanks to the attunement quests. Stating a personal opinion, not a fact.
    Pretty sure that Uldir is the first time a raid wasn't built up for a faction? Correct me if I'm wrong? Even in Legion the entirety of all the raids had full zones that built up to them. I'm trying to think of a raid that didn't have a quest build up other than Uldir and I'm coming up completely blank. Usually the complaint is that the raids finish the story and are required content.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Pretty sure that Uldir is the first time a raid wasn't built up for a faction? Correct me if I'm wrong? Even in Legion the entirety of all the raids had full zones that built up to them. I'm trying to think of a raid that didn't have a quest build up other than Uldir and I'm coming up completely blank. Usually the complaint is that the raids finish the story and are required content.
    Hyjal in BC had no buildup at all, for anybody. It was just randomly there for no apparent reason. I don't think Ruby and Onyx Sanctum had any, either.

    Not entirely sure about Terrace in MoP.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •