Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    Making the game harder, and i dont mean like diablo where things just hit harder with more annoying aoe, i mean like difficult mechanics, difficult boss fights, and unique bosses like running from the lich king in wotlk or the math boss in ffxiv.

    Blizzard probably needs to break the classes down and build them up from scratch, or just drop the spec tree all together and give them special mechanics where say a mage has to balance between fire and ice and their hard nukes with long cds be arcane.

    Content and story are also becoming stale so it might not be a bad idea to end it with bfa and the next expansion be 50-200yrs in the future, give us fresh story, fresh characters, and ground for fresh ideas.

  2. #42
    Moderator Rozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,116
    It's not inherently a bad thing, but it is a hard thing. It is difficult to find what exactly made something work and how to make it work in the current environment. It is also hard to tell if some forms of regression are attempts to reinvigorate the modern game vs chasing the vanilla dragon. I believe that in general, most suggested roll backs are thinly veiled nostalgia trips. However, reincorporating something that worked and keeps up with current systems is fine to me.

    I like Classic because it allows more of a separation between the two. The Devs are forced to really think: What defines 'Classic' Warcraft? And that can help guide their focus between both versions of the game.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    same . another classic is uber game thread.

    those people are pathetic cant even wait for release .

    one thing that makes me super happy is how fater classic will fail and we will never see this bs again on forums .

    - - - Updated - - -



    a lot is a strong word when you have no data to back it up.

    im extreme altoholic but even i given up at some point because of how pointless and boring it was.
    Yep classic will fail pretty much same way when people and devs themself told us classic will never happen. Well here we are. Same people whay were telling classic will never happen now say it will fail. Gotta lova fear of retail players that classic actualy can overtake their game.

  4. #44
    I think it would be awesome if there were world quests in every zone of EK and Kalimdor.

  5. #45
    I think regression is a bad way to say it. It sounds like a step backward, with negative implications. IMO it's more like they made mistakes and should go back and try a different route.

    Pathfinder is a great example (and I'll probably be crucified for this) of taking a step back and fixing a mistake they made with rampant flying, essentially taking away all of the feeling of exploration in new zones.

    I'll say this on that point though, they also took away so many other things to make exploration meaningless. Garbage treasure chests with negligible rewards and rares that aren't interesting at all.

  6. #46
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    26,180
    Player behaviour shaped the game more than anything.

    And yes, in general I see regression as a bad thing. Especially when considering the completely arbitrary reasons people have for wanting it. I'd rather they improve things based on the present, rather than attempt to recapture something from way back when.

    People wanting that sort of thing, will soon have their own servers offering the old stuff.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    I think it would be awesome if there were world quests in every zone of EK and Kalimdor.
    Me too.

    I think they should really upgrade and update 1-60 content. Make the storylines self-contained (not tied to expansions), add events (invasion style) and bonus objectives and current mechanics to questing, make it somewhat relevant even at max level.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Banner pending.
    Remember people, social media grandstanding does not replace a vote.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Player behaviour shaped the game more than anything.

    And yes, in general I see regression as a bad thing. Especially when considering the completely arbitrary reasons people have for wanting it. I'd rather they improve things based on the present, rather than attempt to recapture something from way back when.

    People wanting that sort of thing, will soon have their own servers offering the old stuff.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Me too.

    I think they should really upgrade and update 1-60 content. Make the storylines self-contained (not tied to expansions), add events (invasion style) and bonus objectives and current mechanics to questing, make it somewhat relevant even at max level.
    They should let old gods win. Destroy Azeroth and start on whole new planet with clean slate.

  8. #48
    Merely a Setback Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The one and only, Evolving Azeroth! (and Sweden)
    Posts
    26,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    They should let old gods win. Destroy Azeroth and start on whole new planet with clean slate.
    I disagree, but then I still enjoy the game.
    Liberté, égalité, fraternité
    ⭑・゚゚・*:༅。.。༅:*゚:*:✼✿ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ✿✼:*゚:༅。.。༅:*・゚ ゚・⭑
    Banner pending.
    Remember people, social media grandstanding does not replace a vote.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jikate-Stormrage View Post
    Topic: In Vanilla and BC we had beautiful long attunement quest lines, that spanned patches. This would generally be a reputation requirement and quest structure that spanned the world, instances and raids.
    I think we have been moving in that direction now. The questline in the BfA is pretty much the attunement questline you are are referring to.

    The problem with the old attunement in my view was the that it was also tied to dungeons and raids, which was not easy to find group for. With LFR and LFD, this problem has been reduced some what. In someway, the pathfinder achievement is that although it serves a different purpose.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jikate-Stormrage View Post
    Topic: Why do we not have World Quests in every zone in Azeroth since this is the "faction war" expansion (even though it is most certainly fluff leading up to a VOID expansion?

    Cons: Blizzard doesn't like sending people to old zones because they are sort of outdated with the end game at the moment. Then again, they have no issue with incentivizing leveling of allied races through that very same outdated content.
    I do not think it is because they do not like to send people to the old zone, it is because it can be disruptive and problematic. How would they do this for every expansion? So I think there are implementation and design questions to overcome rather than them not wanting to.

    I think they would prefer to have more people roaming all over the world. The question is what can they do make people do this?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jikate-Stormrage View Post
    Topic: Instances. I would like to see the return of Burning Crusade instances being tied to their respected reputations. Back in BC, if you wanted to enter Hellfire Ramparts on heroic, you need to get to revered with that faction first. It wasn't just a race to WQs back then.
    I personally think this is a bad idea. Rep grind is not something everyone enjoy. It can also cause the problem of catch up. A returning player is now at disadvantage because they have to grind through all the dungeon to get the rep to raid. Replacing people was a problem for some guilds in the past due the need to bring new players into the current tier.

  10. #50
    No worse than the random walk change for change sake shit we have now.

    Though nobody would agree on what past systems to bring back, but things have been better for various reasons. The gameplay in almost any expansion is better than what we have now.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    wouldn't necessarily be bad for the game, but what developer wants to put "didn't use my own idea, instead used my predecessors stuff" on their CV.
    "Identified opportunities where we could take the game in a different direction. Innovated on old ideas with a fresh new twist in order to drive player retention and engagement. As a result, increased player retention by x% and growth by y%"

  12. #52
    The only thing Blizzard needs to regress to is back before Activision.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Pretty sure that Uldir is the first time a raid wasn't built up for a faction? Correct me if I'm wrong? Even in Legion the entirety of all the raids had full zones that built up to them. I'm trying to think of a raid that didn't have a quest build up other than Uldir and I'm coming up completely blank. Usually the complaint is that the raids finish the story and are required content.
    Didn't the horde have a story behind uldir? or at least some explanation?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Yep classic will fail pretty much same way when people and devs themself told us classic will never happen. Well here we are. Same people whay were telling classic will never happen now say it will fail. Gotta lova fear of retail players that classic actualy can overtake their game.
    I won't be playing classic but I was happy when blizzard announced it, because I know how many people want to go back and I was kinda pissed when they closed the bests vanilla PS (I guess they saw the money but at least they are putting in the effort so no problem), there will always be people who will throw shit at classic from retail and people from classic to retail, what we should be doing is be happy for the other part because we all got what we want.

    I personally like more retail, but maybe I'll play some classic and chill this summer because I've always been curious about it (never played it).

  14. #54
    The Insane Aeula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Posts
    17,218
    I really wouldn't like to see the game more needlessly tedious.

    They tried attunements and rep requirements for dungeons in Legion. People hated it, so they changed it.

    And hell no to the old PvP system where the only way to become high warlord was to nolife and KEEP nolifing after hitting it.

  15. #55
    Legendary! Flurryfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Empire of Man
    Posts
    6,578
    I think regression in some areas is not a problem, especially when you can update it along the way, pretty much brining an improved feature back in to the game.

    But one has to be very much aware of the difference between the game now and the game in the past.

    Like the whole reputation thing connected to heroics back in TBC. With LFD, this simply does not work anymore, as it would lower the pool of random encounters extremly and the feature would be crippled for a long time. But aslong as the systems/features of now, does not impede the content of the future, i don't mind.

    I personally would love attunement back in the game, but that would require LFR to close down and we all know that won't happen.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

    Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by eduwneso View Post
    Didn't the horde have a story behind uldir? or at least some explanation?

    - - - Updated - - -



    I won't be playing classic but I was happy when blizzard announced it, because I know how many people want to go back and I was kinda pissed when they closed the bests vanilla PS (I guess they saw the money but at least they are putting in the effort so no problem), there will always be people who will throw shit at classic from retail and people from classic to retail, what we should be doing is be happy for the other part because we all got what we want.

    I personally like more retail, but maybe I'll play some classic and chill this summer because I've always been curious about it (never played it).
    Nazmir leads you into Underrot (which is part of the Uldir complex) and Titan Keeper Hezrel references M.O.T.H.E.R. several times. You basically nuke Taloc (that's why hes halfway broken down when you zone in)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I really wouldn't like to see the game more needlessly tedious.

    They tried attunements and rep requirements for dungeons in Legion. People hated it, so they changed it.

    And hell no to the old PvP system where the only way to become high warlord was to nolife and KEEP nolifing after hitting it.
    Allied race prereqs are attunements.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Jikate-Stormrage View Post

    Topic: In Vanilla and BC we had beautiful long attunement quest lines, that spanned patches. This would generally be a reputation requirement and quest structure that spanned the world, instances and raids.
    It was cool back when you progressed through all content. However with current systems making each new patch all older almost irrelevant it doesn't make much sense.
    Also Blizz started to remove attunements even back in TBC. Because they didn't want to split and gate players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jikate-Stormrage View Post
    Topic: Why do we not have World Quests in every zone in Azeroth since this is the "faction war" expansion (even though it is most certainly fluff leading up to a VOID expansion?
    Sounds nice. I believe it could be done. However rather than filling all Azeroth with world quest I would prefer every week have some 3-5 zones filled with world quests. Otherwise it would be total mess and people would get to spread out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jikate-Stormrage View Post
    Topic: Instances. I would like to see the return of Burning Crusade instances being tied to their respected reputations. Back in BC, if you wanted to enter Hellfire Ramparts on heroic, you need to get to revered with that faction first. It wasn't just a race to WQs back then.
    Imho it doesn't make much sense to be gates behind rep. I didn't like it even back then. However there was something cool about keys to dungeons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jikate-Stormrage View Post
    Topic: Why not bring back the old pvp ranking system? Yes, the titles were given to RBG players (you can buy High Warlord now with ease). But I found the grind back then to be more fun than the grind nowadays with the "prestige ranking" system. Random BGs were incentivized back then, and not just with gear.
    Currently you can grind through hundreds of pvp ranks with many rewards. Even with some titles.
    It was cool back when everyone had just pvp rank. However system itself was pretty bad. You were rewarded based mostly on time spent in bgs relatively to rest of population.

  18. #58
    WQs in other zones would be great, problem is that it would take an absolutely immense amount of time to implement just for one expac. The other problem is that you're sending players to what is essentially older looking content. I agree with @Mermeoth 's suggestion to put zones on a rotation every week. For example, one week you could have assaults in Feralas, Hinterlands, Jade Forest, and Borean Tundra. Another week it would be in Winterspring, STV, Krasarang, Howling Fjord, and so on.

  19. #59
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    3,314
    Yes. Yes it would.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthugal View Post
    Attunement chains are dumb. They can make a quest chain leading up to the raid, that's cool, that's fine, just don't make it required.
    The best they've ever done with this was Ulduar. The entire Storm Peaks zone was an intro to the raid, so you got there and you knew who most of the bosses were.

    Fast forward to now and I didn't even know where Uldir was, and I've got no idea what we were doing there since apparently only horde get to find that out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •