Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The faction split has been dead for years. Just think about it for a second: The area of the game where the faction split SHOULD be most important is obviously PvP - but there is mercenary mode for random BGs and rated PvP ignores factions.

The only area of the game where a faction split exists is for PvE, where everybody fights the same monsters for the same reason anyway. Yes, that includes Warmode, as Warmode the way Blizzard implemented it is only about WQs and nothing else....and WQs are PvE content.

The way factions are working right now - where they are disabled for the content where they SHOULD be the deciding factor and only enabled when you could team up to fight monsters for the same cause - is not beneficial to the game in any way that i could see.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-03-20 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    a)
    c) Cross faction would be good for this game. You and the rest of your dinosaur kind are stuck in the 90's thinking warcraft means only orcs v humans. Grow up.
    i mean... i played on release, andd i still think cross faction is thee best thing that could happen to this game. the faction war is forced at this point, and honestly... kind of increedibly stupid consideering wee know therees still oldd gods andd thee voidd out there.

im too lazy to delete the eextra ee's and d's at this point. you can read it. stupid keyboard.

Well, the horde has been thrown under the bus by the writers over and over, and the only time they get any attention is when they betray the alliance and do something horrible, before getting beaten down and forgiven by the merciful allied leader once again.
    Mother pus bucket!

It's as if every day, there's some rando thinking to themselves; "Hmm, what can I post today to top the current most asinine topic on MMO-C... OH, I KNOW!!..."

Seriously, you people.

My favourite stories of the game are not Faction v Faction. I have no issues with the concept of removing faction restrictions on gameplay level. @ me.

What horde players?
    wait...

What players?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

i mean im horde i care about the game i just dont give a toss about factions

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raysz View Post
    Because just by looking at the Hall of Fame, it doesn't seem like it. Not to mention pvp.

Faction imbalance is bad as it is and will only get worse to the point where everybody and their mother will be playing Horde. And that will be detrimental to the game. Because the game is centered around the divide between Horde and Alliance, and you may not like that or aren't interested in it, but that is the lore on which most stories are based on.

If they ever go cross faction that will mean Wow is going downhill for sure, to never return. If you give up your main premise for a game, it's time to pack it up.
    Rift did that with cross faction and look where they are now. If you can't sustain the main theme of your franchise, you're headed for disaster.
    AvH stopped being Warcraft's main theme by the end of BtDP. In both WC3:RoC and TFT (which I'd wager are FAR more known than WC2), the AvH theme was almost non-existant, and so it was during most of WoW. Devs tried to hamfist their beloved AvH into the game story in Cata, and the result was hilarious: skirmishes everywhere between Ally and Horde at the very time that an angry, huge ass dragon was setting the world aflame (literally).

It wasn't until MoP that they managed to weave it better into the xpac story, but it should have ended there - especially after Legion introduced those nifty Class Halls, where Alliance and Horde worked together all the time. Until, of course, everyone suddenly forgot about them because HURR DURR WHEREZ TEH WUR IN WURCREFT FFS. I mean... the Silver Hand, the Tirisgarde, the Uncrowned, etc... did they all went *poof* all of a sudden?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Don't worry, at the end of this expansion there will be no more faction woes. Since the Alliance is going to destroy the Horde and we will finally have cross faction play. Well cross faction in spirit since there will only be one real faction, and a bunch of unaligned races.

7+ Year Old Account
    You didn't really bother reading all I wrote did you? That's fine, most people don't. So lets say I join Horde because I want more chance getting into a mythic guild, because most people that do, are there already. Now lets also suppose that I prefer playing Alliance, but I do want to get into mythic raiding.
    Do you get my point? Probably not, but I tried.

- - - Updated - - -

a) You obviously don't, I do. So because you don't, I shouldn't either? Who made you the authority on what to like? Do give me some sources, I'm curious.
    b) Read my post again, slowly
    c) No
    So people who like to play on Horde are bringing down the game for people who like to play on Alliance. I think the kernal of truth here is min maxing WoW according to racials and FOTM is reducing the game to a spreadsheet rather that a MMO. My 2 cents on the OP

I'm pretty sure any sane reason to have a forced divide went out the window around third-ish time we stopped the end of the world by banding together against the common foe.

Alliance is one dimensional. That’s why people gravitate to the horde, because each race is very different in their history and goals. Alliance are more generic fantasy characters that fight for the typical good cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Veknazel View Post
    Do Alliance players care about this game at all? They faction switch to the stronger faction instead of organizing their side better.
    This pretty much.
    Blood elves are our high elves - Chris Metzen

Quote Originally Posted by Strippling View Post
    This pretty much.
    Horde always bad guys, alliance good bois. good bois dont do bad things

Blaming systematic problems Blizzard created on a subgroup of the playerbase seems pretty misguided.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Blaming systematic problems Blizzard created on a subgroup of the playerbase seems pretty misguided.
    blaming community issues on the devs is pretty dumb

Played Horde since open beta classic, and consider blood elves the worst thing that's ever happend to horde community due to rerollers.

Alliance offer bland, generic fantasy, LotR style, while horde has more depth and nuances.

Seeing how much discussion the BfA-stories have gotten, my bet going overboard with a Army of light/Scarlet Crusade-storyline, down the road, might make alliance interesting again

Maybe Alliance players should get better

If anyone can be blamed for faction changing to Horde either because of better racials or more players being available for recruitment, are alliance players themselves.
    Instead of taking on the challenge, they chose the easy way out.
    Or maybe all the Paragons of Light, Righteous Zealots and whatever 90% of all Alliance guilds were named back in the day, grew up and are no longer interested in a pseudo goody two shoes faction, with the charisma of an empty piece of paper.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

You didn't really bother reading all I wrote did you? That's fine, most people don't. So lets say I join Horde because I want more chance getting into a mythic guild, because most people that do, are there already. Now lets also suppose that I prefer playing Alliance, but I do want to get into mythic raiding.
    Do you get my point? Probably not, but I tried.

- - - Updated - - -

a) You obviously don't, I do. So because you don't, I shouldn't either? Who made you the authority on what to like? Do give me some sources, I'm curious.
    b) Read my post again, slowly
    c) No

You silly willy, PVP is dead since Legion. Who the heck still bothers with that ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde player here. I care a lot, what kind of question is this? I just don't care much about faction balances. I care a lot about story, and I care when alliance gets shorted there.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)