Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    "Chuck him in prison forever" is not something that can actually happened in Italy, as even multiple "life in prison" sentences are actually limited to 26 years + 5 conditional release. Much better to chuck him in prison for 26 years (which won't happen, not even half of that, you bet your bottom dollar on it), and then forcefully him back to Senegal. Unless one thinks it's reasonable to eventually release back into society someone who hates it so much he was going to torch half a hundred children alive.
    Just for the sake of making a point, people are tried for the crimes they actually committed, not the crimes they almost committed. The guy will get charged with attempted murder and arson, most likely (at a minimum). Expecting him to be treated as if he'd actually killed those kids is not reasonable.

That said, I don't know much about the Italian court system, but I imagine 50 counts of attempted murder probably stacks up consecutive sentencing pretty high if the courts want it to. Maybe they have policies against that; that's what I don't know. But if they do, it wouldn't be about lenience to this particular guy, and presenting it that way is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    So that’s a no you have nothing.
    Well, he has something that is called "statistics". Doesn't mean he's right, but it's not a random blind guess.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Oh look, another Muslim threatening to murder children to get his way. But of course, no, it's only bad when a vigilante in New Zealand does it back to them.
    Same question as the last guy, do you have anything thing at all showing him to be a Muslim?

Beautiful diversity in action. So refreshing to see them come to the West with love.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Well, he has something that is called "statistics". Doesn't mean he's right, but it's not a random blind guess.
    He doesn’t even have statistics on his side as he’s missing important data like the number of Muslims who leave the country compared to none Muslims or even which country’s said group go to. If you want to site stats atleast do it right.

Keyboard Turner
    Thank god I live in America baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    White people are bad, get on with the plot already!

Or you know mass murders are bad, but that’s appenrly part of some “plot”.
    Last edited by Daemos daemonium; 2019-03-21 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Just for the sake of making a point, people are tried for the crimes they actually committed, not the crimes they almost committed. The guy will get charged with attempted murder and arson, most likely (at a minimum). Expecting him to be treated as if he'd actually killed those kids is not reasonable.

That said, I don't know much about the Italian court system, but I imagine 50 counts of attempted murder probably stacks up consecutive sentencing pretty high if the courts want it to. Maybe they have policies against that; that's what I don't know. But if they do, it wouldn't be about lenience to this particular guy, and presenting it that way is asinine.
    They don't have policies against that, counts can stack, but it doesn't really matter because 1 or 50 life sentences all result in 26+5. They most certainly have politics against that though, the vast majority of them at least. You know what's really deplorable and embarrassing? Talking sine ulla cognitione causae, i.e. having utterly no knowledge of the facts. The Italian magistracy has a history of being heavily politicized and left leaning, and being lenient against categories coddled by the left is the norm, so we have the police questioning why they exist at all, because they keep arresting the same people over and over again (for violent crimes such as attempted murder and rape, dealing of hard drugs - in many cases, in front of high and middle schools -, assaulting police officers, who often end up in the ER, and so on, I've already said as much and linked some examples).
    It is also why sentences almost invariably bounce back and forth between courts because of appeals, and why it's perhaps the only legal system in which the concept of legittima suspicione is present. And mind you, this is no right-wing propaganda, it's an issue so evident an undeniable that even left-wing intellectuals such as Luciano Canfora (who, among the other things, was a candidate for Comunisti Italiani, so we're talking of rather extreme left) wrote books in which they denounced the issue. I doubt you'd find many English sites detailing this, but google translator alone should suffice to give you an idea if you're eager for sources, and who knows, perhaps some of Canfora's books got translated, if you're actually interested, but given by your tone I think it's safe to assume that your actual interest in intervening was to get that veiled insult out of your system and push your narrative without backing it up with anything at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Which emerged from a very specific recent crisis. There was always some Italian nationalism, yet it was FAR from being so virulent. In the 90s, they were mostly preoccupied with us Romanians working there, and while not pleasant, it was forgivable and mostly mundane. All got forgotten when the new wave of migrants came.
    The country literally invented fascism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Fuckin go away Elba, no one likes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    The country literally invented fascism.
    Quite irrelevant. This is 2019, not 1930. What happened was bad, and we fought wars over it, and we have mostly put it in the past. Continue to work on that and we're good.
    Goebbels was in favor of free speech for views he liked. So was Stalin. If you’re really in favor of free speech, then you’re in favor of freedom of speech for precisely the views you despise. Otherwise, you’re not in favor of free speech - Noam Chomsky

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    He is a citizen, not an immigrant.
    Those are not mutually exclusive terms. Did he immigrate to the country? Then he's an immigrant.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnowItAll View Post
    "Im going to kill 50 children because african migrants take a risk in crossing the mediterranean sea and some end up drowning". I guess thats called Senegalese logic.
    There is more than that. He was probably fed up to see how many migrants they let die in the sea. Angry to see that these people have to live such a shity life struggling to survive. And that they have no choice but to take these dangerous decisions because their country isnt functional due to western countries fuckin them up under the curtain.
    This guy is certainly crazy and there is no reason in the world to justify the stupid act he tried to do. More people will fear and hate migrants because of that. I just wanted to share what I think was his reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Quite irrelevant. This is 2019, not 1930. What happened was bad, and we fought wars over it, and we have mostly put it in the past. Continue to work on that and we're good.
    Obviously ya didn't put it in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Fuckin go away Elba, no one likes you.