Thread: Alcohol.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    Drinking 6 out of 7 nights per week. Yeah, you're an alcoholic.
    Trying going 1 week without a drink. See if you can do it.
    This. Medical speaking, no matter how much you drink, if you drink frequently you're an alcoholic. That doesn't need to mean you have a problem. But if it affects your health or social life, then you do.

I have to add, I am not a doctor. But my grandmother was considered an alcoholic in hospital because she used to drink a glass of wine every other day. I asked the doctor about this and he told me that you have to be considered an alcoholic if you drink regularly, because it has to be considered when planing a treatment.

When I said "Ignore the non political stuff the burner posts" I didn't quite mean "make a whole thread about one comment"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I work in the plumbing field, its not the most easy on a body. I personally dont drink much but my boss, who is 76 almost 77 years old. Keeps around 15-20 cases of miller lite in his garage at a time. (i do have pictures to prove this, not that i have to validate my claims to anyone) He drinks almost a case (24 cans) a night. This man is in extremely good health for his age, at almost 77 he takes no medicine. At this same age my grandpa was taking 22 pills a day. The only thing he has had majorly wrong with him is he has carpel tunnel, which seems to be a very simple procedure to fix with todays advancements.

Despite drinking like that and drinking much worse when he was younger believe it or not his liver is not in bad shape.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be brutally honest you are going to scar your liver, damage more organs including your brain and die Young.

But if you stop and build down slowly to almost nothing your organs can restore itself.

Quote Originally Posted by salavon701 View Post
    I work in the plumbing field, its not the most easy on a body. I personally dont drink much but my boss, who is 76 almost 77 years old. Keeps around 15-20 cases of miller lite in his garage at a time. (i do have pictures to prove this, not that i have to validate my claims to anyone) He drinks almost a case (24 cans) a night. This man is in extremely good health for his age, at almost 77 he takes no medicine. At this same age my grandpa was taking 22 pills a day. The only thing he has had majorly wrong with him is he has carpel tunnel, which seems to be a very simple procedure to fix with todays advancements.

Despite drinking like that and drinking much worse when he was younger believe it or not his liver is not in bad shape.
    Yes, there will always be outliers. People that abuse food, drink, smoke and lead unhealthy lives live well into their 90's while those that are super healthy, never drink, never smoke who then get cancer in their 30's. Don't forget genetics can also play a part as well as stress and other environmental and external influences.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I live as kind of "roomies" with my older brother and you kind of sound like him, though arguably his drinking problem is more severe as he usually starts drinking during the day while we're still working (we run a business).

He's a highly functioning alcoholic, though, so it's not a huge issue most of the time, but I really hate the way he changes when he actually starts to become more intoxicated the further the day goes and it's kinda straining our relationship.
    The worst part is that I kind of feel partially responsible for enabling his drinking, as we have to go to places by car a lot and he can just have me drive if he's drunk. If we did not live/work together he'd have to at the very least stop drinking during the day to be able to drive.

Your kids/wife might not be voicing their concerns, but I can almost 100% guarantee that your drinking is having a negative effect to your relationship with your family.

I do enjoy alcohol as well, so I kind of get where you're coming from with the creative buzz, but for your own and for your familys sake you should seriously cut down on the drinking.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2019-03-22 at 08:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I believe the saying that "if alcohol was invented now, it would be seen as a hard drug". But then again I've also done hard drugs every now and then. I guess I drink about once a week.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Never touch the stuff...

Well sometimes i do...

Well mostly...

Ok iam fucking drunk right now so what was we talking about?

Iam 18 and i can drink so much infact i bet i can drink everyone on this website under the table!

*Comments made may not be entirely accurate age wise
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2019-03-22 at 08:15 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's definitely a negative on your health, but it's simple if you answer yes to this question than you are an alcoholic: "Do you, commonly at any point during the day, look forward to drinking later?"

EDIT: Even if you don't have the habits of alcoholics, that frequency of usage might as well put you in that catagory, health wise.
    Last edited by Helgrimm; 2019-03-22 at 08:17 AM.

I was just looking around and went across this thread. I was diagnosed to have severe depression 3 years ago and tried almost everything out there that "could" help. The only medication that worked best for me is medical cannabis. I perfectly understand that it's not legal everywhere. At first I was doubtful so I started doing my own research and read articles about marijuana. I found out that each marijuana strain has different uses for different diseases. Like this strain blimburnseeds.com/news/marijuana/medical/effects/marijuana-effects-sleeping/ This one is very effective when it comes to stress and anxiety.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have a full time job, a marriage, two kids and drink 5 pints per day, and somehow still find the time and energy to exercise, stay healthy, maintain a good marriage and be a good parent, you're probably either superhuman or delusional.