Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Preppin for the Free Weekend

So I'm thinking of hitting up the Free WoW weekend. I haven't played since pre-WoD.

I powerleveled through MoP through archaeology and Troll Warbringer farming while in dungeon queues. Got my best leveling gear that way, and I hit rep max pretty quick. After I got my levels I went back and did the quests to cap off and rep and gain a bit of money. I'm planning to do something similar here.

My characters are level 90, pre-WoD, and I'm looking to bump em up to 110 as quick as possible. I don't have BFA and I have to catchup through Legion anyways. Since not having WoD (back in the day) capped my characters EXP, my garrison followers are higher level than my toons!

I heard things like people leveling up like crazy over invasions, but I think those are gone now? What's the best way to level up alongside questing?

Also are there any good tips for rep grinding through Legion catchup mechanics or anything like that.

When you level through Legion content, you can use the Legion invasions (that take place in the Broken Isle zones) to power level. It's roughly an entire level per invasion or so, but the invasions only happen every 6 or 9 hours or something like that, so you'll only usually see 1 or 2 up per day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    So I'm thinking of hitting up the Free WoW weekend. I haven't played since pre-WoD
    u skipped legion, one of best exp, and want to play bfa, the 2nd worst exp ?
    the free weekend is only 3 days, u won't hit max, in fact i'm not even sure u'll see BFA content in first place, legion content is great but i seriously doubt u'll hit 110 by 3 days from 90
    U are going first time WoD, u'll walk all WoD, u'll also walk all legion
    my advice set better realistic goals, don't aim for 120
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    the free weekend is only 3 days, u won't hit max, in fact i'm not even sure u'll see BFA content in first place, legion content is great but i seriously doubt u'll hit 110 by 3 days from 90
    I don't have BFA and I'm not hitting BFA max. Prolly best that you not delete the parts of the OP where I stated my goals.

I'm aiming for 110, which I think is possible in 3 days with the right prep work. But again, WoW's changed a lot since I last played, so I'm not sure how the catchup mechanics or powerleveling works. For all I know they could have stomped that all out and gated the hell out of it like they seemed to start at WoD with the garrisons thing.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-03-20 at 11:34 PM.

I don't have BFA and I'm not hitting BFA max. Prolly best that you not delete the parts of the OP where I stated my goals.

I'm aiming for 110, which I think is possible in 3 days with the right prep work. But again, WoW's changed a lot since I last played, so I'm not sure how the catchup mechanics or powerleveling works. For all I know they could have stomped that all out and gated the hell out of it like they seemed to start at WoD with the garrisons thing.
    Isn't the BfA part only Lordaeron and the intro quests? You are better off just playing through Legion stuff normally rather than trying to rush to 110.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    90-110 is the fastest 20 levels in the game aside from those in the 1-60 bracket. I'd even say it's faster than 40-60.

You could do most of it in a single day with WoD and maybe a legion zone being bumped off. Legion Invasions are still around and still lucrative.

Upgrade your heirlooms if you've the money. They were all reduced in price recently.

You didn't miss much with WoD and Legion. So good call to remain unsubbed since MoP.

If you're hoping to unlock allied races then you're out of luck. 3 days isn't long enough.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2019-03-20 at 11:44 PM.

For the free weekend I was thinking of farming raids for mounts and things. I can save the lockout with a lvl100 on a second account I'd never bother subbing again, and run through plenty of my main account. How are lockouts working now? From memory this won't work for mythic, but how about heroic lockouts nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    40 levels is *easily* doable in 3 days, even without wod/legion pathfinder. Especially with heirlooms.

- - - Updated - - -

Powerleveling is still doable, the person carrying you just can't be above the level cap for the content you're working through. So like if you're working on the legion bracket, they cant be over 110.

you can't do invasions without legion wqs unlocked btw

It Is a bit sad and unfortunate playing during the free weekend to test

BfA.

You can start playing now (at least i can)

I will do Battlegrounds for the remaining of the days with my Demon Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    you can't do invasions without legion wqs unlocked btw
    Legion is apart of the base game now.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have BFA and I'm not hitting BFA max. Prolly best that you not delete the parts of the OP where I stated my goals
    so ur goal is to get to 110 and enjoy legion ? well lvling in WoD now scale with ur lvl (do u know scaling) so u can lvl in any zone, and WoD best feature is questing, ignore any investment in garrison since it now give some trash not worth the invest at all
    as for legion i don't know how will the system work now that artifacts are dead, but lvl as normal, and legion is far better to lvl without flying
    but why did u ask about reputation ? why would u need it for lvling?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    40 levels is *easily* doable in 3 days, even without wod/legion pathfinder. Especially with heirlooms.
    i doubt he has heirlooms higher than lvl 90, or the gold to buy it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Don't waste your time with this garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Legion is apart of the base game now.
    yes but you can't invasion quest if you don't have a 110+ with legion wqs unlocked

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw the free weekend in the bnet launcher and thought that I wouldn't have mind to play around with a Zandalari or Kultiran, but it's behind a massive timegate. Too bad. Just waiting for classic at this point.

Role a tank and spam dungeons. Not having pathfinder really screws you over in terms of questing and doing treasure hunting.

You are doing tops two or three invasions so wait until one is up before selecting a zone for questing. Also remeber you can your weapon from legion at lvl 98, it is insanely good at that level range.

Alternatively if you can and have the gold, in wod there is a potion that gives 300% xp, so do a bunch of quests, stack them, drink the potion and then claim those quests.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    yes but you can't invasion quest if you don't have a 110+ with legion wqs unlocked
    You can make a 110 trial and get them unlocked instantly this weekend because ability to make 110 trials are included in this deal.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by PrettySweet View Post
    Role a tank and spam dungeons. Not having pathfinder really screws you over in terms of questing and doing treasure hunting.

You are doing tops two or three invasions so wait until one is up before selecting a zone for questing. Also remeber you can your weapon from legion at lvl 98, it is insanely good at that level range.

Alternatively if you can and have the gold, in wod there is a potion that gives 300% xp, so do a bunch of quests, stack them, drink the potion and then claim those quests.
    This is very good information. Hitting 98 will be a milestone for me. My main is a Druid but I haven't checked on all the changes to tanking so I'm hesitant to just jump straight in to tank, especially if there's some weird mechanics I need to be aware of and I may be pathetically undergeared out of the gate.

Good to know the exp potions still work too. I will try to upgrade my heirlooms, i've kept quite a few from MOP. I think they removed the EXP bonuses from treasure hunting though, from a leveling guide I read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    You can make a 110 trial and get them unlocked instantly this weekend because ability to make 110 trials are included in this deal.
    Is there any more information on this? Trial accounts are being boosted to 110?

-edit- Oh, I think I need BFA for this. I'm not intending to get BFA for the purposes of my leveling, but this is good to know. Thanks!

Dont you only get 3 hours to play during the free weekend though?