Building a new pc need recommendations please

Include the following information when posting a request.

Budget:
    $1,400

Resolution
    1080p

Games / Settings Desired
    LoL, Apex, PUBG

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    No

Country
    U.S
    Parts that can be reused
    No

Do you need an OS?
    Yes

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    No

Hi, I am building a new PC and I would like to get some advise on what I currently have in mind:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cB9DRJ

I am just not sure about the cooler that I have picked, and the motherboard. Would there be a better recommendation for the build?

The cooler is a little anemic. The 2600 comes with a stock cooler that is every bit as good as that Noctua. That Noctua is meant for HTPC and super-small ITX uses.

If you want to overclock, you're going to have to step up to something a tad beefier.

The PSU was fine, but overkill, IMO. You're paying for the EVGA sticker and the 2% extra efficiency of Gold. Seasonic makes a good modular 80+ Bronze PSU at 650W that is about 30$ cheaper.

Motherboard seems fine, though someone with more experience using Ryzen may have more info there.

I'd suggest investing in a 2700 or 2700X and a H80i AIO CPU cooler. other than that your build looks spot on, I have used that board in a clients build and it a solid board with good overclocking.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor ($289.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Corsair - H80i v2 70.69 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($94.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: Asus - ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($138.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($104.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($77.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: MSI - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB VENTUS OC Video Card ($359.99 @ B&H)
    Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($97.06 @ Amazon)
    Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($99.39 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1378.95
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-20 22:23 EDT-0400

10+ Year Old Account

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($84.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($104.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.89 @ OutletPC)
    Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($75.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 550 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.90 @ B&H)
    Total: $1337.81
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-21 01:32 EDT-0400

CPU upgrade to 2700x
    Cooler upgrade from sub-stock to the best air cooler on the market. It'll also out perform any AiO that's less than 280mm while being substantially cheaper. As for what col1kil said: Don't buy a 120mm AiO. They're pointless. Worse than big air coolers, more expensive, louder, and have more points of failure
    Changed board to an MSI, because the tomahawk is one of the best B450 boards on the market. It lacks some features the STRIX has, but it's really up to you if you need those.
    Changed case to fit the cooler
    Changed PSU to a more efficient SeaSonic unit that's on sale at the moment for cheaper than the one you picked

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($84.89 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI - B450 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($75.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Platinum 550 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.90 @ B&H)
    Total: $1337.81
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-21 01:32 EDT-0400

CPU upgrade to 2700x
    Cooler upgrade from sub-stock to the best air cooler on the market. It'll also out perform any AiO that's less than 280mm while being substantially cheaper. As for what col1kil said: Don't buy a 120mm AiO. They're pointless. Worse than big air coolers, more expensive, louder, and have more points of failure
    Changed board to an MSI, because the tomahawk is one of the best B450 boards on the market. It lacks some features the STRIX has, but it's really up to you if you need those.
    Changed case to fit the cooler
    Changed PSU to a more efficient SeaSonic unit that's on sale at the moment for cheaper than the one you picked
    while your entitled to your opinion on AIO's, My experience building several systems a year over the last several years with them has shown them to be just as quiet after 2 mins of tuning to turn them down to 70% - 80% speed, while they do have more points of failure the failure chance is very low on modern AIO's as the technology has improved alot. as for large air coolers cooling better than 120mm AIO, that can be true but they can present the issue of interference with VRM heatsinks, PCI-e slots, and Ram slots.
    @Pwnzyou: Both options are good and it will come down to your personal preferences. As for the MSI Tomahawk Temp Name is correct in that it has great OC'ing potential due to the massive VRM heatsinks but the silicon lottery with the CPU will be the ultimate limiting factor on max overclock. So for the Mobo pick the one you like and that matches the theme your going for.
    Last edited by col1kill; 2019-03-21 at 12:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by col1kill View Post
    while your entitled to your opinion on AIO's, My experience building several systems a year over the last several years with them has shown them to be just as quiet after 2 mins of tuning to turn them down to 70% - 80% speed, while they do have more points of failure the failure chance is very low on modern AIO's as the technology has improved alot. as for large air coolers cooling better than 120mm AIO, that can be true but they can present the issue of interference with VRM heatsinks, PCI-e slots, and Ram slots.
    It's louder per unit area it has, that's just how it works.
    A 120mm AiO needs a fan and a pump. A small air cooler just needs the fan, therefore, it's quieter.
    A 240mm AiO needs 2 fans and a pump. A large air cooler just needs 2 fans, again, quieter.

If you really want the quietness from AiO/liquid, you need a bigger radiator so you can run the pump and fans at lower speeds.
    Not to say AiO's are loud, they're just louder than equivalent air coolers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Still more expensive than building it and it comes with worse parts.
    'Comparable'. But I deleted the post, you're quick.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnzyou View Post
    Include the following information when posting a request.

Budget:
    $1,400

Resolution
    1080p

Games / Settings Desired
    LoL, Apex, PUBG

Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    No

Country
    U.S
    Parts that can be reused
    No

Do you need an OS?
    Yes

Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?
    No

Hi, I am building a new PC and I would like to get some advise on what I currently have in mind:
    https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cB9DRJ

I am just not sure about the cooler that I have picked, and the motherboard. Would there be a better recommendation for the build?
    I would suggest next build:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 2700 3.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler ($59.90 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS ELITE ATX AM4 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory ($165.98 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive ($149.99 @ Samsung)
    Storage: Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($111.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Phanteks - Eclipse P300 Tempered Glass (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1403.19
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-21 11:43 EDT-0400

I upgraded cpu to Ryzen 7 and put Noctua 120mm tower cpu cooler which is enough for that cpu. Also I put faster memory, on 3200 MHz with CL 14 timings, fast NVMe M.2 SSD and Seagate Baracuda Pro hdd which should be faster and have longer guarantee.
    I put a cheaper motherboard in order to fit into budget, still its full ATX mobo with all features, just mby a bit lower maximum overclock.
    Last edited by pedja5; 2019-03-21 at 04:59 PM.