Poll: Do you want to travel the seas in revamped Azeroth?

10+ Year Old Account

Do you want a sea exploration expansion that requires another world revamp?

Just like how flying and new cata zones requires a world revamp, do you want another world revamp to play a sea exploration expansion that would allow trans-continental travel via water vehicle that prohibits fatigue?

The only way in which this wouldn't be a major pain is if they made movement speed the same as in the regular world, in all possible transportation methods.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, spending 3 or 4 minutes (or much longer) crossing an ocean in a boat sounds really boring.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The only way in which this wouldn't be a major pain is if they made movement speed the same as in the regular world, in all possible transportation methods.
    Or, make boats faster than air travel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, spending 3 or 4 minutes (or much longer) crossing an ocean in a boat sounds really boring.
    Sure, but they could add contents such as encountering ghost ships, pirates, volcanic islands, sea monsters etc and also they could also implement ferries to make the travel only requiring loading time.

I'd like to see them change the water physics (think, GW2) and add life to the VAST amounts of wasted space that are lakes and sea areas in WoW.

But I wouldn't want an expansion centered around it, no. I'd much rather see them start revamping the 1-60 zones in visuals, quest content and mechanics. And even then, not tied to an expansion's theme, but focused on local storylines that'll age well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Sure, but they could add contents such as encountering ghost ships, pirates, volcanic islands, sea monsters etc and also they could also implement ferries to make the travel only requiring loading time.
    This sounds EXACTLY like what island expeditions are right now. I don't see the reason for a revamp. Just make Island Expeditions that don't suck ass:
    Have multiple "modes" and team vs team just being one of them. Most of the time you would have to find something and not race another team.

If you mean Islands that are not instanced but actually out in the world.....what would be the point? There is no exploration in the outside world. Everything gets datamined, mapped and can be optimised and looked up on wowhead. If Blizzard added an Island to the game with something remotely interesting on it out in the open for players to "find" you would have a guide about it on wowhead within 24 hours.
    Exploration is dead. The Internet killed it.

Honestly, if you describe Island Expeditions to somebody who does NOT play BFA and does not know how they work and you purposefully try to be positive without actually lying.....they do sound like an exciting, fun thing to do. The only problem is that Blizzard took all the stuff that can be fun about exploring an island, flushed it down the toilet, and then gave us something like a very boring BG with Island cosmetics thrown in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but that presumes I'm out on my boat farming mobs or something. Seems like you could do all of this in a something like a scenario without going to the trouble of reworking the entire planet. Nathasil is right...this is just a variation of Island Expeditions.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the weirdo who would say yes. But I'm also the weirdo who loved ArcheAge, Sea of Thieves, and Atlas.

I don't think it'd require a world revamp of Cata levels. Unless your plan is flood everything.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    ^ This

I've had it up to here with coming up with contrived ways to make "travel" more engaging. That's nothing but an excuse to draw out irrelevant content.

How about instead you make things ACTUALLY INTERESTING. Removing portals to make people afk in flight instead is not making things more interesting, and neither is sitting in a boat for 5 minutes. Even if you turn it into a minigame.

No.

While Vashj’ir is a fantastic zone that is loaded with beautiful designs, that is all I can cope with.

Vash'jir was bad enough. No strictly underwater zones anymore please.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    yea and the world probably 100 time bigger than it is, meaning a single zone is almost big like an actual continent with ton of subzones and lot of npc going around doing stuff.

Mind i would love it but i can see peoples crying blood for being forced into a multi day trip simply to go from orgrimmar to crossroad.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making exodar and Silvermoon actually a part of their respective continents would be a good start. It is long overdue already.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm the weirdo who would say yes. But I'm also the weirdo who loved ArcheAge, Sea of Thieves, and Atlas.

I don't think it'd require a world revamp of Cata levels. Unless your plan is flood everything.
    Ever play Pirates of the Burning Sea? Based on your other likes, sounds like you may have done. It's old now, but used to be very good.

I would prefer a mix. A whole zone is too much. Also not for another world revamp due to how resource intensive it is and its impact it had on non-raid content in Cata.

Underwater is also the closest we will probably get to flight combat. Having under water mounts also means effectively no 3d mount restrictions in the event flight is restricted again.

I'm pretty sure this already is the "South Seas/Naval Expansion."

What's this appeal of "open water travel" anyway? Do you want to actually sail the length of Kalimdor to the Eastern Kingdoms instead of the ship teleporting after 10 seconds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like how flying and new cata zones requires a world revamp, do you want another world revamp to play a sea exploration expansion that would allow trans-continental travel via water vehicle that prohibits fatigue?
    I would looooove it, with our own ship and not some generic, 'you have your own ship but by story you have the same as everyone'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    No!

But another Vashj'ir style zone or possibly expansion would be epic..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/