Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    But muh gunz, how are the NZ citizens going to protect themselves from the oppressive clutches of the government now?

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Rights are not given by nations but our creator. Nor do I care that they bipartisanly agreed to step on the rights of the people its still a violation of their natural rights.

    If people are determined to kill in mass you cant prevent like the guy in Italy who almost burned 50 kids and teachers alive today or the guys who ram crowds of people with trucks they will find a way guns or no.
    By that argument, anyone should be able to commit whatever evil act they want without repercussions, because enforcing laws to stop them would be classed as infringing their rights? Need I remind you slavery used to be legal? Is the fact that slavery is now illegal not infringing on your rights in some way?

    You seem to be suggesting that nations should have no say on the rights and regulations put in place on their populace?

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambalam View Post
    By that argument, anyone should be able to commit whatever evil act they want without repercussions, because enforcing laws to stop them would be classed as infringing their rights? Need I remind you slavery used to be legal? Is the fact that slavery is now illegal not infringing on your rights in some way?

    You seem to be suggesting that nations should have no say on the rights and regulations put in place on their populace?
    Has slavery ever been a right in the modern world?

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i would have figured they'd have already banned guns, like australia.

    only mindless sheep would allow their government to take guns though. it is a naive and foolish action, and it'll come back to bite them one day.
    Unlike american, New Zelanders have big dicks.

    They don't need guns.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Exactly, they do not realize that they will only make things worse.. As with everything the more they crack down the more chances of it coming back and biting them in the ass eventually..
    I'm pretty happy in my first world country where only the criminals have guns and the only people they shoot are other criminals. I wouldn't pick living in the US where school children are more likely to get shot than soldiers in war over a country with gun ban ever.

  6. #246
    Merely a Setback Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    29,901
    Quote Originally Posted by roxfm View Post
    Bravo New Zealand! Banned all assault type weapons, and high capacity magazines. Good work - I'm proud of your government to take a hard stance on this, and that too so swiftly!

    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/20/a...ntl/index.html
    About time, now you just need to tighten the ban firmer.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    Roses are red, mana is blue. Suramar Guards, Will always find you!

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Has slavery ever been a right in the modern world?
    I don't understand the argument? If you put in gun regulation now then the exact same thing could be said about gun ownership in 100 years.

    "Has gun ownership ever been a right in the modern world"

  8. #248
    I rather see a country try and combat gun violence and fail doing so instead of going by a what a country who has big issues with gun violence says won't work without even trying to do anything. So good on you New Zeeland.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambalam View Post
    I don't understand the argument? If you put in gun regulation now then the exact same thing could be said about gun ownership in 100 years.

    "Has gun ownership ever been a right in the modern world"
    Answer the question. Has slavery ever been a right?

  10. #250
    Herald of the Titans Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    2,734
    New Zealand has the luxury of being able to ban guns, they are isolated. They do not have a land border with any country. It is a lot harder to sneak things into a country the more isolated you are. The United States isn't isolated, we have two of the largest borders between two Countries in the world.

    The US is the 4th largest country in terms of land area and the 3rd largest country in terms of population. Even Japan, as someone mentioned, is basically the size of California.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Answer the question. Has slavery ever been a right?
    Slavery in itself, as in the act of being a Slaver, isn't a 'right' if that's what you are getting at? However, owning a human being has been a right in many countries across the world in the past.

    My point is that just because you have the right to bear arms now doesn't make it the correct or right thing to do, and my hope is that in the future this is looked back on with the same regret as slavery.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Jambalam View Post
    Slavery in itself, as in the act of being a Slaver, isn't a 'right' if that's what you are getting at? However, owning a human being has been a right in many countries across the world in the past.

    My point is that just because you have the right to bear arms now doesn't make it the correct or right thing to do, and my hope is that in the future this is looked back on with the same regret as slavery.
    Okay, so being a slaver isn't a right. So thats a poor argument. Right now, in the U.S. at least, owning a gun is a right. Trying to take those is infringing.

    With your argument in mind, you could literally argue for any right to be abolished with the attitude that "just because its the right thing to do .... this is the future, you will regret trying to have those rights!"

    "Same sex marriage? Bah. Abortion? Bah.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'd rather die knowing i hurt or killed at least one of my would-be oppressors than live under their thumb like a feckless dog.
    Mate let's not be silly here, a modern military would make you into red mist via a drone befor you ever saw them coming.

    In the Iraq war 179 UK soldiers died.
    Only 29 were shot and 8 of them were from friendly fire.
    15 died in ambushes from enemy action.
    Compared to 20 that died in road traffic accidents.

    10 to mortar attacks
    6 committed suicide
    3 from suicide bombs

    Road side IED's were the only effective weapon the insurgents and Iraq military had against us, killing the most at a pitiful 47.

    The idea that your piddly little AR in a way keeps the goverment in line is stupid in 2019. It may have been a fair argument in the 1800s but it's just laughable now.
    Classic WoW, is just Brexit. Bunch of dudes missing the glory of the past, all with vastly different opinions of how to get there, but ultimately heading for a World of Disappointment.

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    New Zealand has the luxury of being able to ban guns, they are isolated. They do not have a land border with any country. It is a lot harder to sneak things into a country the more isolated you are. The United States isn't isolated, we have two of the largest borders between two Countries in the world.

    The US is the 4th largest country in terms of land area and the 3rd largest country in terms of population. Even Japan, as someone mentioned, is basically the size of California.
    On one border, you have the majority of people coming to your country trying to find a better life ... and on the other border you have Canada, I get it though, we're totally scary.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i would have figured they'd have already banned guns, like australia.

    only mindless sheep would allow their government to take guns though. it is a naive and foolish action, and it'll come back to bite them one day.
    Unless they also own multiple armored vehicles, preferably capable of flight, only mindless sheep would believe they actually stand a chance against their government in a hypothetical arms race. Also it's kind of ironic if we consider that the ones backing the downward spiral towards a fascist government are widely the ones owning weapons in the first place.

  16. #256
    Herald of the Titans Darththeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    2,734
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    On one border, you have the majority of people coming to your country trying to find a better life ... and on the other border you have Canada, I get it though, we're totally scary.
    I am not saying we have dangerous borders, I am saying that our borders make it impractical to really "ban" anything successfully.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    It will help just like it helped in Australia, perfectly. Some Americans are just too stupid to understand that.
    Yeah, I'll be waiting to see how well it ends up working, whilst eating pop corns out of the magazines of my assault rifles. Congratulations on wrongly assuming me to be an American, by the way, and if I may say so, you should insult people directly, if you decide to go that way. It's less embarrassing for everyone involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am not saying we have dangerous borders, I am saying that our borders make it impractical to really "ban" anything successfully.
    But it's the opposite thing happening we are the source of their illegal weapons not the other way around the vast majority of gun seized in Mexico for example are from the US.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I am not saying we have dangerous borders, I am saying that our borders make it impractical to really "ban" anything successfully.
    I think most people agree (myself included), that banning all guns is not the solution. If you want a gun for protection or hunting, great ... get training, get licensed. You don't need extended magazines, bump stocks, or military style weapons to do that ... right?

  20. #260
    Great job NZ. Fewer guns in a country will always results in fewer deaths in a country. Until anyone can accurately prove to me otherwise, I side with the NZ government,

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •