Question Potion exploit got banned but alchemy didn't. What made this difference?

Players who exploited leveling potion got banned today. But it seems no one got banned for silas' sphere (alchemy tool) exploit. They made hundreds of flasks and earned substantial gold from this exploit. What do you think made this difference? Causing financial harm to Blizzard or not?

I'm wondering this as well. I like to think it's a gesture of good will, seeing how incredibly expensive flask/battle pot crafting has been this expac. I've literally had to buy WoW tokens just to keep up with the extortionate gold costs.

Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    I'm wondering this as well. I like to think it's a gesture of good will, seeing how incredibly expensive flask/battle pot crafting has been this expac. I've literally had to buy WoW tokens just to keep up with the extortionate gold costs.
    Give them time, the bans could still come.

And I highly doubt a for-profit company is going to give some people (not all) a buttload of free flasks and pots (that they can sell too remember) when it would be taking away business from themselves from people like you (and myself) who are buying tokens to fund raiding. Unlikely.

i would belive that the bans are comming, probably just slower because how widespread the pot-exploit was.

10+ Year Old Account
    as long as no extra money is thrown into economy - they won't do anything. Currency itself is fine, there is no extra gold on AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.