Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I feel for Ion today

I kinda feel bad for Ion today. I have had to convey unpopular decisions in my workplace to our customers and it sucks. I cannot imagine having to do it at his level. I mean, they bring it on themselves through silly decisions, but still, cant be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I kinda feel bad for Ion today. I have had to convey unpopular decisions in my workplace to our customers and it sucks. I cannot imagine having to do it at his level. I mean, they bring it on themselves through silly decisions, but still, cant be easy.
    What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    My question as well...

10+ Year Old Account
    Who cares? He can blame only himself.

Which unpopular decision is it today?

The amount of people using this forum as a personal “share feelings blog” is too damn high!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    The amount of people using this forum as a personal “share feelings blog” is too damn high!
    I would say less personal and more professional. You think today's dog and pony show is because everything is going great? Come on....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    There's a Q&A today where Ion will inevitably get shit on.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    that quite literally fails answer the question. its a deflection of an actual answer. you must be on politics to be able to give an answer that doesnt answer what was asked, yet gives the illusion of having some relevance.

I don't.

Dude and his team deserve the criticism for this expansion.

And Q and A will be nothing of importance. Usual blanket questions, no real issues getting answered or the "we hear you but we are doing it anyway" crap and possibly 8.2 PTR.

If they didn't just pick softball questions this could be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    If they didn't just pick softball questions this could be true.
    This. If you saw the other QnA's, you'd know that they softball questions in. Ion won't answer, or will dodge any question that has any teeth to it more than likely.

I can count on 1 hand the answers he gave that weren't in lawyer speak.

I would say less personal and more professional. You think today's dog and pony show is because everything is going great? Come on....
    Dude you made a thread based on you feeling sorry for Ion for having a hard job... what did you expect to achieve?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I don't.

Dude and his team deserve the criticism for this expansion.

And Q and A will be nothing of importance. Usual blanket questions, no real issues getting answered or the "we hear you but we are doing it anyway" crap and possibly 8.2 PTR.
    I think he is going to answer some tough questions today, but who knows. There has been a lot of financial stories relating to Activision/Blizzard as of late. Could be an opportunity to talk about how great things are, maybe make some popular announcements to deflect whats happening. They are offering a free weekend tomorrow, so server population will skyrocket after his comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Dude you made a thread based on you feeling sorry for Ion for having a hard job... what did you expect to achieve?
    Nothing... Just chatting about video games with other people who like video games.

Reading through this entire thread I still can't figure out what decision you're talking about. Do you mind being more specific, please?

Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    Reading through this entire thread I still can't figure out what decision you're talking about. Do you mind being more specific, please?
    It was just the OP saying he personally felt bad for Ion, because he knows the QnA today is gonna be.... let's be generous and say rough?

On a personal level, i feel bad for him, but on a practical game level he's the wrong man for the job and has been mismanaging the game for some time IMHO, so, he kinda has to face the music.

I don't. I don't like him at all.

He chose the Q&A format instead of another format.
    He decides to talk and talk in circles instead of answering the questions people want to hear.

His behaviour isn't also very "PR"-friendly. He should work on his communication ways as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I don't. I don't like him at all.

He chose the Q&A format instead of another format.
    He decides to talk and talk in circles instead of answering the questions people want to hear.

His behaviour isn't also very "PR"-friendly. He should work on his communication ways as well.
    What irks me is that he can't shut off his lawyer speak. He legit answers or dodges every question like a corporate lawyer, and won't speak as a GAMER.

Just shut up and answer the damn question straight up, good or bad. He dances around questions without answering anything like a verbal Muhammid Ali. I've seen him go entire QnA's talking, but not saying a damn thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks, but that's the reality of the position. Also, they know that a bad QA is still better than no QA.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    He usually deserves it, to be honest.

I feel more pity with Lore, who is just the interviewer and gets as bad publicity from the Q&As just like Ion.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-03-21 at 03:21 PM.