Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Nothing... Just chatting about video games with other people who like video games.
    But you’re not.. you’re just sharing your feelings. This is not a blog.

  2. #42
    Nearly 90% of criticism is simply noise. People on his level ignore it and never look back.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    If you genuinely think he deserves all the shit that comes his way, you're an utter scumbag.
    BFA player spotted.

  4. #44
    The Lightbringer Sykol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    3,050
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Nearly 90% of criticism is simply noise. People on his level ignore it and never look back.
    Which explains the direction of the company, game, and playerbase.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    This. If you saw the other QnA's, you'd know that they softball questions in. Ion won't answer, or will dodge any question that has any teeth to it more than likely.

    I can count on 1 hand the answers he gave that weren't in lawyer speak.
    Thats his job. What do you expect him to do? I guess he should say "yea we made a bad decision, we are a shit company".

    Come on man, put those braincells to work.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    He usually deserves it, to be honest.
    Why? Some people here takes it so personally that they feels they are entitled to abuse someone for their decision?

    We are customers. Do we own the game or the company? Yes, we can say why we do not like a decision. But some people take a step further and feels the need to abuse and insult the people at Blizzard.

  7. #47
    Bloodsail Admiral Art the Clown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Fletcher Memorial Home
    Posts
    1,051
    Feel sorry for him? hardly! It's not like he's going to be infront of a crowd of critics giving him a hard time. he'll just pick a few questions out of thousands that relate to what he wants to say anyway.

    I'm sure his 7 figure pay cheque will cheer him up.

  8. #48
    Being a developer sucks at times, especially when you try and people hate it. I know plenty of programmers that refuses to read forums to keep their spirits up. Community people or automatic bug tickets is how they get info on what to fix without having to sift through 50 hate comments to find the one line about the actual problem.

  9. #49
    You feel sorry for a game-director who gave you BfA? Alright

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkol View Post
    I feel like people hear what they want to hear. I've watched most and he gives decent, though out answers as far as i've seen. Not saying what players want to hear is not the same as dodging questions, and some questions simply aren't going to be flat out answered. People can't seem to come to grips with this. But hey, i'm sure the playerbase would complain too if the QnA's didn't happen at all.
    I feel the same, this 100%

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    BFA player spotted.
    If you are not a BFA player you are not even qualified to criticize anything about the retail game because you have not experienced it.

  12. #52
    I understand the sentiment. But I think there is a difference between making tough choices and making bad decisions then defending them (further fueling the flames by also claiming that the consumer is ignorant of there own wants and needs).
    This was not a real expansion until 8.1, that's a lot of lost time. They had to go back on their word a lot (another huge issue as that means they really did not know anything at the time). Ontop of that they just straight admitted to terrible class design at one point then decided to just drop it, even stating that we are stuck with this class design for the next 18 months!
    I agree with the majority of this forum, he brought it in himself.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Why? Some people here takes it so personally that they feels they are entitled to abuse someone for their decision?

    We are customers. Do we own the game or the company? Yes, we can say why we do not like a decision. But some people take a step further and feels the need to abuse and insult the people at Blizzard.
    1. He is a game director of World of Warcraft.
    2. He chose to be the main spokesman of the franchise, doing a format chosen by him (the Q&As) and leading those announcements.
    3. He decides what information to pass to the public. He decides what to answer and how to answer. He decided to be in the spotlight for all the costumers of WoW.
    4. We costumers of WoW receive information from the company to watch official announcements or Q&As about the franchise.
    5. The ones that want to recieve news about the franchise, they go see those official / PR communications of the representatives of Blizzard.
    6. We live in a democracy, and we have the right to our opinion, especially for services we use and especially pay for.
    7. As costumers of a product, we evaluate the product and everything related to the product, like the official announcements or official Q&As.
    8. We are free to like or dislike them. It is part of the democratic freedom to speak about all the aspects of the product we consume. Criticizing positively or negatively Ion and his Q&A's are part of those consumer rights.
    9. There are laws against abuse. Blizzard and Ion can ask the police or other government entities to protect them when their safety is threatened.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-03-21 at 04:05 PM.

  14. #54
    Ion used to be a lawyer, he might have defended people who are complete criminals, murderers or rapists. I think he can deal with some internet criticism.

  15. #55
    Scarab Lord Vynestra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Heartbreak City
    Posts
    4,510
    Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    He deserves all of it, the game is fucking trash and there is no saving it. WEST is sitting at under 1M subs at this point.
    Ooh this is the time where we make up facts and throw them around as truths and add our opinions!

    If the game was dying or dead it'd be in maintenance mode like hots, not getting more development. Stop being so ignorant people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    1. He is a game director of World of Warcraft.
    2. He chose to be the main spokesman of the franchise, doing a format chosen by him (the Q&As) and leading those announcements.
    3. He decides what information to pass to the public. He decides what to answer and how to answer. He decided to be in the spotlight for all the costumers of WoW.
    4. We costumers of WoW receive information from the company to watch official announcements or Q&As about the franchise.
    5. The ones that want to recieve news about the franchise, they go see those official / PR communications of the representatives of Blizzard.
    6. We live in a democracy, and we have the right to our opinion, especially for services we use and especially pay for.
    7. As costumers of a product, we evaluate the product and everything related to the product, like the official announcements or official Q&As.
    8. We are free to like or dislike them. It is part of the democratic freedom to speak about all the aspects of the product we consume. Criticizing positively or negatively Ion and his Q&A's are part of those consumer rights.
    9. There are laws against abuse. Blizzard and Ion can ask the police or other government entities to protect them when their safety is threatened.
    Don't we live in a republic if you're referring to the US, not a democracy?

    lol
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Ooh this is the time where we make up facts and throw them around as truths and add our opinions!

    If the game was dying or dead it'd be in maintenance mode like hots, not getting more development. Stop being so ignorant people.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Don't we live in a republic if you're referring to the US, not a democracy?

    lol
    Isn't the USA's republic a democracy?

    republic
    /rɪˈpʌblɪk/Submeter
    noun
    a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.


    democracy
    /dɪˈmɒkrəsi/Submeter
    noun
    a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.
    "a system of parliamentary democracy"

    a state governed under a system of democracy.
    plural noun: democracies

    "a multiparty democracy"
    control of an organization or group by the majority of its members.




    PS: I'm not American.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-03-21 at 04:14 PM.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Which explains the direction of the company, game, and playerbase.
    I think the direction is fine. i'm enjoying the heck out of BFA.

  18. #58
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    27,113
    This thread seems relatively pointless and there isn't a whole lot to discuss. That explains why it's already well off the track.

    I suppose there will be plenty of discussion of the same sort following the Q&A so I'll close this and y'all can continue after something has actually been said.

    To all: The forum is about World of Warcraft. Don't bring current politics here. There's a place for that and this is not it.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

    To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Nothing so needs reforming as other people's opinions."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •