Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Do you know why the horses at rodeos jump like crazy? It's not because they like to jump.
    You mean bucking competitions similar to riding a bull? Yea, they're horse that haven't been broken.

VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Both suck. Only major difference I see is one (sea world) takes and abuses animals from the wild that are also considered mildly to very intelligent creatures for more or less entertainment slavery. The other (rodeo) breeds and domesticates rather unintelligent creatures from birth, uses them for a short while, and then breeds them out again at the end of their lives. While the different isn't that big I think humans are just more accustom to seeing horses, cows, and things like that being used as tools because they have been for most of our civilizations time period. Whereas whales, dolphins, and other creatures like that really have not. Hunted and such? Sure. But not used as tools (no whales pulling boats around the ocean type shit for example). Does it make it right? No, but that cow will either be bucking someone off its back or in a hamburger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Let me know when you get tired of the idiocy of mallcops threads. They're as bad as tennisball's were and they got permanently banned.
    Guess it was closer to a branch than a stick

Because the point of rodeo is watching the rider get stomped by the animal he's trying to ride. Hopefully.

Isn't it?
    Cracked polystyrene
    "Get all the trust beat outta you. And you know what the fuckin' world is" -A.S.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    That may have been the case in a time without relatively easy access to documentaries and videos that show animals in their natural environment, but that's not much of a case anymore, especially when species like orcas and elephants live objectively worse lives in captivity than they do in the wild, where they are not sedentary and live lifespans comparable to humans (shortened to a few decades at best in captivity).
    You have far too much faith in people in my view.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You have far too much faith in people in my view.
    The world is definitely not as gloomy as it seems. We as a species have never had a higher standard of living and generally the world is a lot less violent nowadays than it was a century ago.

More now, we're starting to become increasingly empathetic as a species. I know this sounds ridiculous but I can almost see some animal rights activists as precursors to a movement that will inevitably extend protections towards many animals (similar to how early abolitionists and suffragists set the stage for greater civil rights movements). I think we will gradually grow greater empathy as we have greater access to information and have to worry less about basic survival needs.

Just a hunch though, I could just be crazy

It has to do with how poorly dolphins and orcas do in enclosed habitats at zoos and places like SeaWorld.

We overlook a lot of things.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    The world is definitely not as gloomy as it seems. We as a species have never had a higher standard of living and generally the world is a lot less violent nowadays than it was a century ago.

More now, we're starting to become increasingly empathetic as a species. I know this sounds ridiculous but I can almost see some animal rights activists as precursors to a movement that will inevitably extend protections towards many animals (similar to how early abolitionists and suffragists set the stage for greater civil rights movements). I think we will gradually grow greater empathy as we have greater access to information and have to worry less about basic survival needs.

Just a hunch though, I could just be crazy
    Not from what I see ... but you are welcome to your view.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Are rodeos even a thing anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    You can shut up at this point you’re the one that started replying to me with your bullshit. So you have the power to shut up yourself and stop trying to win an argument you’ve already lost.

I’m fine with killing mice and rats that invade someone’s home period were done.
    You've been schooled more than once in this thread, by multiple people. Time to stop digging that hole.