Poll: ?

How often do you text friends/partners/family members in a day?

How much texting do you think is acceptable? What do you think is too much

edit: Partners, not boyfriends only.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a phone so never. If i did have one it would be one or two times a day maybe.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't text people on a daily basis.

minimally, i try to disconnect from old habbits that created problems.

Family once a week, girlfriend during our breaks at work.. Otherwise we are living together anyway.
    Friends, only when making plans except for the odd meme that makes us think of each other.

So I guess my answer would be "3"?

I absolutely loathe texting. I don't even do that if I can help it, I tend to just record and send voice messages back if I get texted. My family members don't text me either, thank god, and my friends and S.O. do so through Telegram or WeChat, which I don't mind that much as I can answer from my computer. Even so, I feel that more than a dozen exchanges a day is already way too much. Conversations are excluded for such a computation, of course, but that's not "texting".
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Partners.. not boyfriends only?
    You mean girlfriends too?

I spent 2 years without a phone, won't be needing it anytime soon, and I never call XD

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I voted 1-20 as an average, because I probably text family or friends at least once a day on average, due to most conversations being several texts but a few days apart.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all very relative. The more often you see them, the less important it is imo. Especially if you live with them. It also depends on how long you've known them. Normally in new relationships couples text constantly regardless of how often they see each other, then it settles into a flow as they become more comfortable with each other and their schedules. Personally, I text friends and family about once or twice a day, and I'm not in a relationship.

My wife texts me a lot.

"Where are you now?"
    "What do you want for dinner?"
    "I'm going to the store."
    "Mom called."

Sweety, you know where I am, you know I'll eat whatever you cook, you always go to the store on Thursdays, and your mom calls you every day.

And so on. I don't mind unless I'm busy.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2019-03-21 at 08:17 PM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    How much texting do you think is acceptable? What do you think is too much

edit: Partners, not boyfriends only.

We call each other instead of texting. Unless she has a photo she wants to share

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I send maybe one text a week

I text some people I play Heroes of the Storm with or reply back if they ask if I'm available to play.

I don't mind getting lots of texts when I'm in a relationship but I try not to text too much.

Implying that it has to be done daily in all cases?

I'm not a very social person, there are only very few people I'd talk to daily on my own accord, hell, don't even talk to my family daily. Sometimes it's close, or it is for a short period of time, but otherwise. Eh?

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure we talked about this exact topic like a month or so ago.

Edit: Ok, it was bit longer. Still not relevant to, well, anything.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ext-your-date?
    Last edited by Mistame; 2019-03-21 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can be upwards of 100+ if the groupchat is really active that day. Otherwise I keep texting to a minimum and prefer calls.

Tho I don't really count groupchats as "texting" really