Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kiwi Farms under fire. Owner won't co-operate with NZ authorities.

So recently with what happened with christchurch the NZ authorities have been trying to get a hold of anyone on offbrand websites and gathering information. Rather than linking to a random article I can just go straight to the source. Joshua Moon recieved an email from a Detective and he gave him a response along the lines of "fuck you and your shithole country."

Link to original thread.

On 3/17/2019 6:12 AM, MICHAEL, John (JP) wrote:

Good afternoon

I am hoping that you can help us with an investigation the New Zealand Police are working on.

On 15 March 2019 there was a shooting in New Zealand with multiple fatalities at two mosques in the city of Christchurch.

The alleged offender in this matter is a Brenton TARRANT.

At around the time of the shooting there were a number of posts and links posted on kiwifarms.net <http://kiwifarms.net> relating to the shooting and TARRANT

We would like to preserve any posts and technical data including IP addresses, email addresses etc linked to these posts pending a formal legal request .

Could you please advise what legal process you require for this request and also confirm preservation of the data requested pending legal process.

Kind regards

John

John Michael_
    _Detective Senior Sergeant*
    Is this a joke? I'm not turning over information about my users. The person responsible for posting the video and manifesto PDF is myself.

I feel real bad for you guys, you've got a quiet nation and now this attack is going to be the first thing people think of for the next 10 years when they hear the name New Zealand, but you can't do this. Tell your superiors they're going to make the entire country and its government look like clowns by trying to censor the Internet. You're a small, irrelevant island nation barely more recognizable than any other nameless pacific sovereignty. You do not have the clout to eradicate a video from the Internet and you do not have the legal reach to imprison everyone whose posted it. If anyone turns over to you the information they're asking for they're not only cowards, but they're fucking idiots.

My name is Joshua Moon, I'm a US Citizen living overseas. My company is contained within a Florida company. If you need an address to send physical documents to this works.

Lolcow LLC
    913 Beal Pkwy NW
    Suite A-1017
    Fort Walton Beach, FL 32547

If you're wondering, no. Kiwi Farms has nothing to do with New Zealand. Our name is a pointed jab at some of the mushmouthed autistic people we make fun of. Absolutely nothing about our community is NZ oriented.

And I don't give a single solitary fuck what section 50 of your faggot law say about sharing your email. Fuck you and fuck your shithole country.

- Josh
    Hi Josh

Appreciate your quick response.

Will definitely consider what you have said.

Regards

John

John Michael
    Detective Senior Sergeant
    I have no doubt that the NZ police want the emails and IPs of people on the site so they can arrest anyone in NZ that has an account or has even visited kiwifarms. Because they have most likely downloaded the video and the manifesto from it and taken information from the dedicated thread. They have a thread dedicated to the shooting like they do for a lot of large events like this. And individuals that draw interest. And it has ALL of the information. Which includes a pdf of the manifesto as well as a direct download of the video itself.

Link to the original thread.

Do you think that Moon is in the right? That he should keep his users information private? Or should he hand over all the information on his website?
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2019-03-21 at 10:56 PM.

And I don't give a single solitary fuck what section 50 of your faggot law say about sharing your email.
    Made me laugh a little.

That was unnecessarily rude of him.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems ridiculously rude of the guy. He could have just said no and left it at that rather than acting like a complete dickhole.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, sure he may be in the right, but he didn't need to be a total cuntwad about it.
    Speciation Is Gradual

7+ Year Old Account
    That’s a good response to a government abusing its power over its populace.

the NZ government deserves this harsh language, given their authoritarian behavior recently.

good on this guy.

Hilarious. Shouldn't NZ have to get permission from the US before investigating anyway? Just because it's online doesn't mean the citizen/company isn't still protected by the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Hilarious. Shouldn't NZ have to get permission from the US before investigating anyway? Just because it's online doesn't mean the citizen/company isn't still protected by the US.
    Kiwi is slang for New Zealander so I'm assuming that the detective thought it was a NZ based website.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Seems ridiculously rude of the guy. He could have just said no and left it at that rather than acting like a complete dickhole.
    not that rude considering NZ is trying to arrest anyone they can in possession of the video. the guy had received lots of emails from lots of people, harassing him and some foolishly trying to get his website taken down.
    Last edited by zhero; 2019-03-21 at 11:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Damn that guy is a asshole.

Geez those NZ authoritarians are lowlifes.

Americans wonder why they are hated.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    because they don't believe someone should get arrested for possessing a video?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Harsh language is much better than using nice language while trying to arrest and imprison a bunch of people over sharing a video. The NZ authorities are far worse in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This guy literally believes we should kill all Muslims and is an anti-semite.
    Not really. The guy is sharing this shit because he wants a literal genocide to happen.
    do you have any citation for these claims?

That's amazing. The NZ government is doing exactly what the terrorist wanted. But what do you expect from a Left/Greens minority coalition government that is exercising their authoritarian power as all leftist governments tend to do eventually. Horse-mouth Ardern finally has the shackles free to impose authoritarian rule
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2019-03-21 at 11:29 PM.

Not really. The guy is sharing this shit because he wants a literal genocide to happen.
    Yeah, the authorities are there attempting to arrest new zealanders, why would you say not really? It's shared a lot more than on that site, also is there a source on that? I know nothing about this guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not professionally handled by him but I understand the reasoning behind the reaction.

My problem with people sharing this video is by fact, the shooter WANTED it shared.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The not really was in relation to the police enforcing the law being worse than someone advocating genocide and promoting terrorism.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kiwi_Farms
    Well now he does seem like a really shitty person, I don't see how this would advance his agenda it seems like it would have the opposite effect. That said their attempt to arrest people over sharing a video was much worse than his rude response to their request. Just because they weren't rude doesn't make the less horrible people and he did the right thing in this instance incidentally or not.