Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is being an asshole worse than trying to imprison people for watching a video of a horrible event thats been viewed millions of times. Perspective as always is relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Kiwi is also a fruit.
    The birds are just the fruit with faces and legs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Our government shouldn't be able to imprison people for this stuff. Keep fighting for the freedom of information Josh.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    The birds are just the fruit with faces and legs.

Spot on!
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Just look at the site owner aka the guy responding to the police:
    https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Kiwi_Farms

What else do you want from a racist who wants muslimg genocide to happen? Sure, he is within his rights to say no, but I do not think that it means much. He was asked, not demanded (as they cannot do that). Instead of answering normally, he answers in his usual shitlord style.

Seriously, what is there even to discuss?

If police are in pursuit of a suspect or have probable cause, they can come onto private property
    He could be canvassing and asking questions, seeing if someone witnessed a crime/suspect being investigated.
    Doesnt matter.

4th amendment.

No entry without a warrant

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    So recently with what happened with christchurch the NZ authorities have been trying to get a hold of anyone on offbrand websites and gathering information. Rather than linking to a random article I can just go straight to the source. Joshua Moon recieved an email from a Detective and he gave him a response along the lines of "fuck you and your shithole country."

Link to original thread.

I have no doubt that the NZ police want the emails and IPs of people on the site so they can arrest anyone in NZ that has an account or has even visited kiwifarms. Because they have most likely downloaded the video and the manifesto from it and taken information from the dedicated thread. They have a thread dedicated to the shooting like they do for a lot of large events like this. And individuals that draw interest. And it has ALL of the information. Which includes a pdf of the manifesto as well as a direct download of the video itself.

Link to the original thread.

Do you think that Moon is in the right? That he should keep his users information private? Or should he hand over all the information on his website?
    The owner sounds like a real tosser. I really hope his website gets shut down and he lands up on the street as karma for his arrogance.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good for him, NZ Politicians are going to use this tragedy to try and restrict peoples freedoms more and more. So say fuck you whilst you still can.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'm more interested about this "arresting anyone who watched the video" line because at face value it seems utterly absurd. I saw a headline that they were arresting some kid because he hosted/shared the live stream (which unless it's a misnomer is the .. live. . stream) and manifesto .pdf; and that seems reasonable, as theres an implication if your hosting the livestream that you're in some way connected to the person with the video camera doing the murders.

Since then I've jus seen people saying "NZ is arresting people for watching a video omg Big Brother" so if anyone has any clarification, like someone who has literally been arrested just for having seen the video, that would clear it up.

Otherwise it just seems like really bottom-of-the-barrel 'fake news' shit posting.
    Oh it is true there is an 18 year old who was charged and could face up to 14 years in prison if found guilty.. There is also one of an older man who was arrested and hauled off to court..

https://www.rt.com/news/454078-man-a...-mosque-video/
    https://globalnews.ca/news/5067122/n...-social-media/
    https://theusbreakingnews.com/man-ch...pen-in-canada/
    https://www.9news.com.au/2019/03/18/...shooting-video

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoKingRulesForever View Post
    The owner sounds like a real tosser. I really hope his website gets shut down and he lands up on the street as karma for his arrogance.
    Be careful what you wish for as karma may come for you next.. But it seems you are all for totalitarianism then? Since we all know that the powers that be will use this tragedy to get even more authoritarian on their constituents..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2019-03-23 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    1. No jurisdiction
    2. No warrant
    3. No court order
    4. US website so NZ law is irrelevant
    5. US Federal law prohibits it (i.e privacy) without a legal notice

NZ Police went way overboard , overreached, were outside their authority.

Site owner was within his rights.

Warrant, court order, or fuck off.

I agree, the NZ government should probably ask US authorities for assistance. But the reaction was still way out of line. I mean, the officer ASKED, he did not demand anything. He also didn't threaten or something. And why are US citizens who for the most part barely ever leave the US so prone to call every country outside the US a shithole?

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for as karma may come for you next.. But it seems you are all for totalitarianism then? Since we all know that the powers that be will use this tragedy to get even more authoritarian on their constituents..
    Here's a little secret: God, Angels, Demons, Karma etc. is all bullshit. All were invented to control. I was using the word in the non-spiritual sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. No jurisdiction
    2. No warrant
    3. No court order
    4. US website so NZ law is irrelevant
    5. US Federal law prohibits it (i.e privacy) without a legal notice

NZ Police went way overboard , overreached, were outside their authority.

Site owner was within his rights.

Warrant, court order, or fuck off.
    and this is what it boils down to , regardless of "unnecessary rudeness"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What does 8chan have to do with Kiwi Farms? Sure, they're both cesspools, but they're entirely separate entities. This is about posts on Kiwi Farms...
    8 chan is where the scumsucking shooter made his original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    That's amazing. The NZ government is doing exactly what the terrorist wanted. But what do you expect from a Left/Greens minority coalition government that is exercising their authoritarian power as all leftist governments tend to do eventually. Horse-mouth Ardern finally has the shackles free to impose authoritarian rule
    I'm glad someone on the first page gets it. Seems people didn't even bother reading his manifesto, he called the whole gun grabbing gubermint reaction. Pretty funny.
    Working on my next ban.

Null is scum and I can't wait for the day those motherfuckers on the farm doxx his ass as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    and this is what it boils down to , regardless of "unnecessary rudeness"
    We'd like take the personal data of users on your website, because muh video. That's not a cunt move? Fuck the entire nation of kiwiland, hopefully the chinese level it one day.
    Working on my next ban.

Doesnt matter.

4th amendment.

No entry without a warrant
    except when it's the US in search for oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    Null is scum and I can't wait for the day those motherfuckers on the farm doxx his ass as well.
    Dox him? He's self doxxed you low iq slug.
    Working on my next ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Dox him? He's self doxxed you low iq slug.
    then go ahead and share his adress with us?

Also back to the farm little worm.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity91 View Post
    then go ahead and share his adress with us?

Also back to the farm little worm.
    Look at this brainlet. You ask for dox and then tell me to go back to the farm.(choose one!) You're too dumb to find public dox, if that's the case what could you possibly do WITH it?
    Working on my next ban.