Bears, what are your favorite affixes right now??

Granted, we don't play in a vacuum. Also, we all have different gear and favorite traits. There are many variables. Bears may be weak right now, or they may be strong right now. Either way, in *your opinion*, what are your favorite affixes OR which ones do you think bears are well suited to right now in Season 2 of M+ dungeons?

Please try to exclude Tyrannical and Fortified as options. Thanks!

Probably the easiest to handle specificially as Guardian is Raging, since we can just dispel it.

Teeming is heavily dependent on the dungeon, for some it hardly does anything. Bolstering and Bursting aren't all that impressive in BfA either since large groups are rare in most dungeons.

Really don't like Necrotic in Temple.

I like necrotic and enrage. I can dispel enrage and necrotic isn’t usually too painful, sometimes drops off by itself, and just takes a bit of kiting (which your group should assist with). Usually I warn people at the start that I will need to kite.

I really don’t like bolstering. There are some fights which are just awful with it. And if you are teamed with people who occasionally bodypull or don’t know the dungeon then you can end up wiping due to so many stacks. In many instances it is quicker to wipe. It makes the tiny mobs so dangerous. E.g. first boss of King’s Rest you pull a trash pack and accidentally pull the roamers. Also in Shrine of Storms the two names boss-mobs after the 1st boss.. you reallly don’t want them bolstered. Sometimes it’s just quicker to wipe because of the hp gains.

Sanguine can be annoying but it’s okay.
    Earthquake is fine.
    Volcanic is fine.

Skittering is really annoying if you don’t have misdirect/tricks of the trade. This one also increases death chance for dps a fair bit.

I prefer fortified trash over tyrannical bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    Also in Shrine of Storms the two names boss-mobs after the 1st boss.. you reallly don’t want them bolstered.
    You can pull the little guys around Heldis (the first mini boss right after Aqu'sirr) without pulling her by slowly inching your character along the wall on the cliff edge. Move far enough to body pull the initiates but not the mini-boss.

Runecarver (the second mini-boss) is easily skipped with invisi pots, or shroud if you have a rogue.

Groups with four hard CC at their disposal can hard CC the 4 initiates around each mini boss.

Groups with a monk tank can statue the adds and taunt the mini boss away from the statue (20+ yds, more than bolstering range) and the dps can kill the adds while they're still over at the statue.

There are plenty alternatives in M+ to just suffering
    Last edited by Will; 2019-03-29 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Groups with a monk tank can statue the adds and taunt the mini boss away from the statue (20+ yds, more than bolstering range) and the dps can kill the adds while they're still over at the statue.
    Groups with a monk tank are unlikely to have a guardian druid, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    You can pull the little guys around Heldis (the first mini boss right after Aqu'sirr) without pulling her by slowly inching your character along the wall on the cliff edge. Move far enough to body pull the initiates but not the mini-boss.

Runecarver (the second mini-boss) is easily skipped with invisi pots, or shroud if you have a rogue.

Groups with four hard CC at their disposal can hard CC the 4 initiates around each mini boss.

There are plenty alternatives in M+ to just suffering
    I am learning more tricks to use against bolster, such as the radius trick and pulling away. Bolstering is still the affix that creates the most deaths, at least for me. That and Tyrannical to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    I am learning more tricks to use against bolster, such as the radius trick and pulling away. Bolstering is still the affix that creates the most deaths, at least for me. That and Tyrannical to be honest.
    Bolstering is all about knowing the dungeons. Once you've got that down, it's not that impressive.

Explosive before the fixes was terrible. Especially in Underbog, where every goddamn orb on the last boss could spawn them. The fight was basically impossible.

Some good responses!

It's true, raging is one of the easier ones for bears. I find sanguine to be one of the more challenging to master as a bear tank even though it's not considered especially difficult to the whole group. I think bears are suited to it. We have roots, typhoon, and vortex this season to play with. I like how it really forces us to think about how pulls play out.

I've never been a huge fan of necrotic and I'm still on the fence when it comes to grievous. Both really test mitigation and cooldown usage, though. I suppose this could be said of any affix.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a bear, but if you don't say "Reaping" then you're wrong.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    I'm not a bear, but if you don't say "Reaping" then you're wrong.
    "what are your favorite affixes?"

What's there to be wrong about?

Quote Originally Posted by parasight View Post
    I find sanguine to be one of the more challenging to master as a bear tank even though it's not considered especially difficult to the whole group.
    What annoys me about it are the dungeons where you can barely see the pools. Especially if they have ankle-deep water.

Teeming is my least favourite because I have to memorise a whole new set of pulls for every dungeon just for 2 weeks out of every season.