Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Old School - WoW Music

Was feeling nostalgic so had to put some of the WoW Tavern music while playing skyrim and then this playlist came on YouTube and i felt like i was lvling my first mage through Azeroth again. Waneted to share it with you fellas !
    Listen to it and get hyped for Vanila this summer.

Youtube: World of Warcraft 'The Ultimate Journey' (A Relaxing Music Compilation)
    **Sorry can post a link it says not enough posts =/ , its not my Video so credit to them awesome job

Anyone else used to play with the amazing game soundtrack back in the days ?

I still listen to the old soundtrack, I love it. Having played on private servers on and off since 2011 I haven't exactly been starved of it, I always have the music on in game too, turned up.

There's a creator on YouTube who does videos of the various Vanilla/Classic zones with the ambience and music in them. Here's The Barrens from the Classic client:

Quote Originally Posted by robotusch View Post
    There's a creator on YouTube who does videos of the various Vanilla/Classic zones with the ambience and music in them. Here's The Barrens from the Classic client:
    Thank you for sharing, found myself in such old memories I thought forgotten.

My god, the first 20 minutes is some of my favourite WoW music but I didn't realize how much of it is re-used across zones.

The Barrens music gets me every time. I've spent so much time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    My god, the first 20 minutes is some of my favourite WoW music but I didn't realize how much of it is re-used across zones.
    I'll readily admit, I have to keep reminding myself that for Vanilla, all of the music was done on a synthesizer. It wasn't until a few expansions later, that Blizzard had an actual orchestra doing the soundtrack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I corresponded with Meisio early on in his work on vanilla music videos. He is quite happy to correspond with fans, and consider suggestions. If you are on the video editing/composition side, even better. He was doing vanilla music videos before blizzard even announced classic. He has utilized unusual (or unattainable in-game) angles for some videos to interesting effect.

I wholly recommend perusing his video list and subscribing.

He has quite a few I consider 'favorites' but my single best choice is I never realized there was actual continuous sound of crackling fire in the ambience here.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Yeah, I considered putting some of the Vanilla videos in, but I wasn't sure if they had been done on pservers or something else, so I wasn't too sure on what the mods' stance on them would be.

Holy shit I'm literally listinening to this right now, awesome coincidence. I'm lucky enough to work from home so I commonly put Elwynn Forest, Barrens, and others OSTs from back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razzako View Post
    Holy shit I'm literally listinening to this right now, awesome coincidence. I'm lucky enough to work from home so I commonly put Elwynn Forest, Barrens, and others OSTs from back then.
    More of my favorites from his list

Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

My favorite has always been the Westfall music. There is a section that has this very soaring french horn sound with a bit of trumpet, it still makes me stop and listen.

My fav is the night eld starting zone. So good.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    More of my favorites from his list
    Western Plaguelands is amazing. Man, listening to this makes me wanna play Classic ASAP.

The king of vanilla WoW music right here

Sometimes if I am not subbed for a while I either level a char until level 20 or I listen to a lot of classic songs on Youtube. Elwyn Forest, Westfall, Azuremyst Isle, Durotar, Barrens, Teldrassil, Zangarmarsh among many others. It really relaxes me.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The king of vanilla WoW music right here

Same page.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gotta say, adding to my amazement of the game at the time, I was coming from runescape. MAN it's lightyears of difference from that game. I was amazed at the quality change.

Still frequently listen to the soundtrack, Vanilla and TBC were the only expansions where I played with he music on, certain zones were made truly epic by the soundtrack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snookiwooki View Post
    Still frequently listen to the soundtrack, Vanilla and TBC were the only expansions where I played with he music on, certain zones were made truly epic by the soundtrack.
    with regard to BC, a good chunk of the music was composed by Matt UlemEn, who also did the diablo 1 music. You can hear a lot of similarity between certain zones and certain parts of diablo. (a good comparison is caves, catacombs, and auchindoun.)