Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I agree with almost everything you said here. (we usually agree except when its regarding High Elf issues! lol)

The only thing i'm not certain is about "8.2.5 however is NOT Rise of Azshara." For me it still is, and that is why i thought they might wait until Blizzcon to announce the next ones. But yes, it can be debatable if Ion included 8.2.5 when he said no new allied Races in Rise of Azshara patch.
    Agreed. I'm of the opinion that when he said "no new races in 8.2", that encompassed 8.2.5 as well.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Vulpera would surely become a new race, not an allied one?
    Why not allied? They share the Goblin skeleton.

5+ Year Old Account
    Mogu is a very probable race to become playable.

They were allies of the Zandalari in MoP, they have presence in BfA, they have the Draenei skeleton structure and cool features that would make them a success.
    I love Mogu and I think they would be perfect, specially due to the fact they have the Draenei skeleton which makes them much easier to implement, but I'm afraid their allegiance to Zul even in this expansion will make the Zandalari want to stay away from them, unless there's a group of them who is shown to want to make peace and join the Zandalari in the Horde. I really really want this to happen. ;-;

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    8.2.5 is when rise of azhara raid will open .

so nothing will come before at least 8.3 and my best bet is 8.3.5 aka release of last raid of this expansion
    i would wager that too; following the Legion timeframe model. we got content at a fairly steady pace there and even the final raid didn't run for too long

Well naturally we won't have allied races in 8.1.5 and again in 8.2. We'd get them in 8.2.5 at the earliest, but they might try to push it as far back as possible just to be able to announce mechagnomes and vulpera at Blizzcon
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    your bets are spot on given what we already know. as for the next pairing, there are a few choices. Jinyu and Hozen make sense to be paired together. my other guess would be Ogres and Vrykul - Ogres (H) because they feel indebted to orcs somehow and Vrykul (A) because Sylvanas is trying to mess with their leader, Helya. if the next expansion is something to do with Dragons it would be cool to get Dragonkin as a playable race for both factions
    I was actually considering to write Ogres as part of the second pair, but i just didn't know what Alliance race i would put to counter them

I feel that Ogres are unique and would perfectly fit the first wave of allied races, and they could be brought by the Mag'har Orcs. But as it was a guess, i decided to exclude them from my first post.

Vrykul im not so sure by the way. Kul Tirans have imported a few features from them (the male eyes and pants are almost the same for example). I even think they used the vrykul model as starting point to build the Kul Tiran model.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Zana View Post
    I love Mogu and I think they would be perfect, specially due to the fact they have the Draenei skeleton which makes them much easier to implement, but I'm afraid their allegiance to Zul even in this expansion will make the Zandalari want to stay away from them, unless there's a group of them who is shown to want to make peace and join the Zandalari in the Horde. I really really want this to happen. ;-;
    Well, the horde fought the Iron Horde and the Zandalari in previous expansions, and now the Maghar Orcs and Zandalari are Horde's Allies

Expecting 2 new Allied Races each patch is stupid. This kind of release schedule would led up to having likee 50 races in the new future. This is not what Blizzard want's to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    To me it really feels like they switched tactics sometimes during the first patch and just decided to unnaturally strech out the pacing between the releases of new allied races. I think it's a bad decision because allied races are one of the very few features that people actually do like about the expansion.
    I've seen quite a lot of whinning about them tho (I like the system, more where we can choose from, with a new mount and new armor if you have the time and like it)

I hope none. It's just cosmetic and a waste of dev time that can be used for more interesting stuff.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was actually considering to write Ogres as part of the second pair, but i just didn't know what Alliance race i would put to counter them

I feel that Ogres are unique and would perfectly fit the first wave of allied races, and they could be brought by the Mag'har Orcs. But as it was a guess, i decided to exclude them from my first post.

Vrykul im not so sure by the way. Kul Tirans have imported a few features from them (the male eyes and pants are almost the same for example). I even think they used the vrykul model as starting point to build the Kul Tiran model.
    hmmm maybe. Ogres are a natural fit, if not Vrykul then maybe Giants? Looking at the races of Azeroth the only others that would really fit would be Tol'vir, Centaur, Drust and maybe some good Naga?

hmmm maybe. Ogres are a natural fit, if not Vrykul then maybe Giants? Looking at the races of Azeroth the only others that would really fit would be Tol'vir, Centaur, Drust and maybe some good Naga?
    I was thinking about Calia's undead, but i then i realized that those might only come in the next expansion (shadowlands expansion maybe?) because of the new lore that would give them more reasons to exist.

So honestly im clueless about the next Alliance Allied Race. Sethrak or Saberon could be possible choices to fit on the Worgen Allied Race slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Zana View Post
    I would like to see new specs being added too to existing classes. I liked the concept of Phoenix Mages as a Healing spec for Mages
    Personally I'd rather a Chronomancer spec. In the 'Save Chromie' scenario, she had some cool spells, like 'unwinding wounds' and there could be other abilities such as increasing someone's personal time to heal faster, acting like a Hot or instead of resurrecting, pulling a version of you from another timeline that was still alive.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about Calia's undead, but i then i realized that those might only come in the next expansion (shadowlands expansion maybe?) because of the new lore that would give them more reasons to exist.

So honestly im clueless about the next Alliance Allied Race. Sethrak or Saberon could be possible choices to fit on the Worgen Allied Race slot.
    Sethrak would definitely be paired with Vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Aye, I'd expect Vulpera and Mechagnomes to be announced there or earlier as I reckon they'll be in 8.3 or maybe even 8.2.5. As much as I hate the idea of both races they're easily the most likely of the lot.

I really wish they'd stop adding allied races, but considering how well they made BfA sell I doubt they will. Allied race early access got them way more money than even Demon Hunter early access did.

Ah well, at least there's some small hope we'll one day see Mogu.
    mogu would be awesome!!! I would even faction change for them

Why? The Horde have more quest content with them than the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    My thoughts as well. I suspect that if they both become ARs, they’ll be paired up and released at the same time. It just make too much sense thematically, given their shared history of long standing animosity, current small scale cooperation aside.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Why? The Horde have more quest content with them than the Alliance.
    Largely irrelevant given what we’ve seen from past ARs choosing sides. Every Alliance member was a hero to HM Tauren and The Nightborn, every Horde member was a hero to the Lightforged Space Goats. Both factions had pretty much nothing but good interactions with several ARs before they picked a side. It boils down to what Blizzard thinks is cool and would be interesting for the community.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-03-22 at 12:46 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Largely irrelevant given what we’ve seen from past ARs choosing sides. Every Alliance member was a hero to HM Tauren and The Nightborn, every Horde member was a hero to the Lightforged Space Goats. Both factions had pretty much nothing but good interactions with several ARs before they picked a side. It boils down to what Blizzard thinks is cool and would be interesting for the community.
    Ignoring the Nightborne forshadowing, but both sides worked for those. Alliance did basically nothing help while the Horde saved their species. This isn't a case where both did the same thing but the Snake people were gettin' along with the Gnomes or anything.

I can certainly see next blizzcon bringing us 4 more allied races as pre-order bonus, though if next expansion brings a new class, who knows?

Mogu is a very probable race to become playable.

They were allies of the Zandalari in MoP, they have presence in BfA, they have the Draenei skeleton structure and cool features that would make them a success.
    mogu were allied to zul, not the empire

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Why not allied? They share the Goblin skeleton.
    They share more than a skeleton.

They have the common "greed" factor among them aswell. When you are questing in the Zombie Troll area in Voldun, the vulpeera constantly talk about taking one more piece of treasure before they leave.

It would not surprise me to find out that someone had experimented on goblins to create the vulpeera or vice versa. Whether it was mogu or Mimiron or some other entity. Goblin and Vulpeera seem to share a lot more than just basic skeleton.