Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Ignoring the Nightborne forshadowing, but both sides worked for those. Alliance did basically nothing help while the Horde saved their species. This isn't a case where both did the same thing but the Snake people were gettin' along with the Gnomes or anything.
    Doesn't have to be precisely equal. Just has to be cool and make for a good story. Having Sethrak on the opposite side of the Vulpera makes sense given that one dominated the other for hundreds if not thousands of years. Has some ready made story hooks involving Nisha and her desire for vengeance, and Vorrik and his desire to unite all Sethrak, etc...
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-03-22 at 12:59 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I'd expect Vulpera and mechagnomes in 8.2.5 and the equivalent of Undead/worgen for the last cycle of BFA. I don't think the will keep pushing AR for 9.0 (at least initially) as they will probably release a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Doesn't have to be precisely equal. Just has to be cool and make for a good story. Having Sethrak on the opposite side of the Vulpera makes sense given that one dominated the other for hundreds if not thousands of years. Has some ready made story hooks involving Nisha and her desire for vengeance, and Vorrik and his desire to unite all Sethrak, etc...
    Yes, but that has absolutely nothing to do with the Alliance. Yes, they could add a sudden wealth of story, but the fact remains that the Horde greatly help both sides. It would honestly make jsut as much sense that the Sethrak join the Horde as Vulpera.

Quote Originally Posted by wanax View Post
    Why not allied? They share the Goblin skeleton.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-One-Skeleton

Even if that was so, they're not even related to goblins. So far, the allied races are just variations of the same race, and I think it should stay that way, or it makes the term meaningless.
    Mother pus bucket!

Given Blizzards new philosophies, there's enough data to suggest that they are more likely to REMOVE races than add them given their current course and behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    mogu were allied to zul, not the empire
    Zul was part of Rastakan's empire at MoP. Rastakan and him were allies, or at least Zul wanted him to think so.

Things change, and so do alliegences (especially if they aren't part of the Horde or Alliance, because those two behave like black holes, once in, never out lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Is that really what WoW has become? People get excited about upcoming / lack of fluff? It doesn't matter what race you are if the content in the game is crap.
    That is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I'd expect Vulpera and mechagnomes in 8.2.5 and the equivalent of Undead/worgen for the last cycle of BFA. I don't think the will keep pushing AR for 9.0 (at least initially) as they will probably release a new class.
    Ion said no Allied Races in Rise of Azshara, which might include 8.2.5.

And they already said many times that they will release more allied races after 9.0... because, well, more $$$$$$$$$$$ for Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised people were expecting new Allied races with every major patch. I wouldn't think they are going to saturate it that quickly.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Why? The Horde have more quest content with them than the Alliance.
    The Alliance war campaign has you helping a Sethrak so it isn’t completely out of the blue. But yeah Horde do have more in common. Maybe Horde get Vulpera and Sethrak while Alliance get Drust and Mechagnomes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    I'm surprised people were expecting new Allied races with every major patch. I wouldn't think they are going to saturate it that quickly.
    I would expect at least 2 more, maybe 4, this expansion. After this expansion though they should stop

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Ion said no Allied Races in Rise of Azshara, which might include 8.2.5.

And they already said many times that they will release more allied races after 9.0... because, well, more $$$$$$$$$$$ for Blizzard.
    I don't remember that. I think they said they were quite pleased how the system had worked out (ofc they are lol) but nothing about 9.0.

I still think we'll get 4 more this expansion, but I think we'll get them all in 8.3.5 like with Legion. It wouldn't surprise me if they tie accessing them to pre-ordering the next expansion, as scummy as it'd feel considering allied races are supposed to be a BFA feature.

That's a shame. I was hoping to play a Naga. They even showed a model with legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Is that really what WoW has become? People get excited about upcoming / lack of fluff? It doesn't matter what race you are if the content in the game is crap.
    Do you really have to shit on other peoples' excitement? Tell me what other game are you playing that is so much better than WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I don't remember that. I think they said they were quite pleased how the system had worked out (ofc they are lol) but nothing about 9.0.
    They have talked about future allied races, how pleased they are with it, that they plan to keep releasing a pair of allied races when they feel it makes sense, etc.
    They even said that many allied races that have been requested will eventually become playable, like for example the wildhammers.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-One-Skeleton

Even if that was so, they're not even related to goblins. So far, the allied races are just variations of the same race, and I think it should stay that way, or it makes the term meaningless.
    Interesting. Anyway the only related race to Goblins are GilGoblins who have basically no personality. (I’m honesty not a fan of the Vulpera but personality wise the fit with Govlin) There’s no race related to Worgen anywhere. Not sure how “light” undead would work as far as customization to make them look different. I guess like LF where they have slightly different skin tones and stuff. Maybe human hairstyles.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    The Alliance war campaign has you helping a Sethrak so it isn’t completely out of the blue. But yeah Horde do have more in common. Maybe Horde get Vulpera and Sethrak while Alliance get Drust and Mechagnomes.
    The Drust are basically the Kul'tirian druids, aren't they? Although to be fair, I haven't unlocked them just net (No spoilers, please! D: ) Personally I just see Vulperia and Mechagnomes as the next couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardreth View Post
    That's a shame. I was hoping to play a Naga. They even showed a model with legs.
    They did? When was that?

Interesting. Anyway the only related race to Goblins are GilGoblins who have basically no personality. (I’m honesty not a fan of the Vulpera but personality wise the fit with Govlin) There’s no race related to Worgen anywhere. Not sure how “light” undead would work as far as customization to make them look different. I guess like LF where they have slightly different skin tones and stuff. Maybe human hairstyles.
    Gilgoblins are coming back with 8.2 though, so Blizzard might have an opportunity to build their personnality during this patch! I guess it would make sense to have Gilgoblins as a counterpart for Junker Gnomes rather than the Vulpera. Then the only races who wouldn't have an allied race affiliated to them would be the Forsaken and the Worgen. Redeemed Forsaken led by Calia could easily join the Alliance, but I'm struggling finding any worgen-like equivalent for the Horde. The only thing I can think about would be the Sethrak, but they would probably be an Alliance race paired with the Vulpera for the Horde.

I really hope Blizzard will give an allied race for each of the core races though. I mean, I'm super hyped at the idea of playable Mok'nathal using the Kul'Tiran posture, but we've already had an orc-flavoured allied race.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Gilgoblins are coming back with 8.2 though, so Blizzard might have an opportunity to build their personnality during this patch! I guess it would make sense to have Gilgoblins as a counterpart for Junker Gnomes rather than the Vulpera. Then the only races who wouldn't have an allied race affiliated to them would be the Forsaken and the Worgen. Redeemed Forsaken led by Calia could easily join the Alliance, but I'm struggling finding any worgen-like equivalent for the Horde. The only thing I can think about would be the Sethrak, but they would probably be an Alliance race paired with the Vulpera for the Horde.

I really hope Blizzard will give an allied race for each of the core races though. I mean, I'm super hyped at the idea of playable Mok'nathal using the Kul'Tiran posture, but we've already had an orc-flavoured allied race.
    Closest I could get to Worgen would be the Saberon. Have it so it’s a small tribe that escaped with the Mag’har is seeking refuge in their new war torn world. I agree on Moknathal or Ogre using the KT shape.

Edit: hope the Junker Gnomes are inspired by the Junkers from Transformers the Movie. Only reason I’d take Vulpera over GilGoblin would be the Rocket Raccoon influence
    Last edited by wanax; 2019-03-22 at 05:47 PM.

Closest I could get to Worgen would be the Saberon. Have it so it’s a small tribe that escaped with the Mag’har is seeking refuge in their new war torn world. I agree on Moknathal or Ogre using the KT shape.
    True, I forgot about the Saberon! And we've actually seen some of them escaping with the Mag'har. It would make sense.