Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Obviously not. Why is this even up for debate?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakah View Post
    This isn't UPS delivering 50 iPhones to a zipcode on release day.

Are you going to argue that this one truck is actually Santa's sleigh and travels the whole world in one day?

You need to look up the definition of invoice and bill of lading. The invoice comes from the merchant, not the delivery company.

Drivers don't fill out bills of lading.

Again, not an invoice.

Again, not a delivery error. The shipment was addressed to him.

And that is what this was.
    I'd bet that this was a 'Fullfilled by Amazon' sale. The delivery truck shows up at the Amazon warehouse with an incorrect order from the actual merchant, takes 2 TVs and delivers them as instructed. Merchant is at fault.

You notice that nowhere in the story do they say that he got someone else's TV?
    Your position is senseless, because if you were in any way correct, the delivery company wouldn't have spent one cent in trying to get the TV back or litigate this.

15+ Year Old Account
    You need to look up the definition of invoice and bill of lading. The invoice comes from the merchant, not the delivery company.Drivers don't fill out bills of lading.
    Then why does this one come from cape code express and not amazon? Why does this one have boxes for the driver to fill out including the drivers signature. Freight companies commonly use their own invoices for delivery. I work with invoices and deliveries all the time. You clearly do not. Amazon appears no where on the invoice shown in the video. For someone who has taken multiple screenshots and scoured over it you sure are surprisingly ill informed.

Again why are you saying that a delivery company can not have more then one TV on their truck for delivery? Are you honestly claiming that no one else in Massachusetts could have ordered a TV for delivery on the same day as this guy? You honestly believe that something has to be santa's sleigh in order to have two TV's out for delivery? What drugs are you on? Have you even shipped anything in your life?

No where in the story does it say that Amazon fulfilled both TV's either. The police don't get involved for situations like that. And it wouldn't be on the delivery company to fix. Because the delivery company is not liable for a merchant mistake. The delivery company does not pay for a merchant's mistake. A delivery company doesn't care if Merchants make mistakes. Because it is the merchants fault. They care when they make mistakes because of the money it costs to pay out for a replacement (which sellers are obligated to send out due to the law).
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-03-25 at 03:29 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Yeah personally I have listened to people make arguments on both sides of the issue of whether or not if an item gets delivered to the wrong address if you are allowed to keep it.

However in my opinion this falls under the don't shit where you eat kind of deals. Most of my neighbors if they aren't home, I know them all well enough that I am ok with them having an item delivered to my home, because, 1 I have a fenced in yard, and 2 because I have top of the line security cameras monitoring my front door.

And unfortunately in this day an age where people not only do this you have individuals that specifically patrol neighborhoods in order to steal packages off peoples property.

But anyways, what is your take on this issue, is it finders keepers, or if it is or isn't where you live, where do you stand morally on this issue or anywhere else?
    He should have contacted the right people when he noticed the msitake

Ebates sent a check on my name that I'm not supposed to have since I returned the item that granted me those credits. I cashed the check. Can anything bad happen to me? If they contact me I will certainly return the money. But can I get arrested for that?

If it doesn't have your address on it, don't open it, or you'll likely get in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    Honestly, wherever the mistake was made... that's who needs to eat the bullet.

If a package with MY NAME on the box had a bigger TV, I'd feel surprised and end up keeping it. But there's a caveat.

I have a delicate conscience, it wouldn't sit well with me at night.

So I'd probably just call up the company, "Yo I ordered a 74, not a 87?"

There are still good people out there!
    LOLOL! Best post of the day so far for me.

"I laid in bed that night thinking about how I just got 5 more inches of TV, and I have no idea how, but someone will be missing those 5 inches, and they might be sad without them? I would miss 5inches on a TV if it were mine."

Careful now, you might end up killing a few bacteria while you typing another post, wouldn't want that, would we?
    Last edited by Violent; 2019-03-25 at 04:05 PM.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you can not and should not keep it.

Try not to be a dick and be a normal member of society.

There are actually people who would keep anything of value?! Unlawful enrichment is illegal in most countries, so yeah, you risk going to jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    No you can not and should not keep it.

Try not to be a dick and be a normal member of society.
    Yeaaaaa.. I'm go ahead and let the rapists & murderers be the first ones to go ahead and do that.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    LOLOL! Best post of the day so far for me.

"I laid in bed that night thinking about how I just got 5 more inches of TV, and I have no idea how, but someone will be missing those 5 inches, and they might be sad without them? I would miss 5inches on a TV if it were mine."

Careful now, you might end up killing a few bacteria while you typing another post, wouldn't want that, would we?
    Glad you had a laugh. I’d love some of what you’re smokin’.

EA once sent me 2 copies of the same game for the Playstation. I called them to let them know and they said I could mail it back or they would charge me for it. I told them I didn't want it and I had contacted them so they could send me something to ship it back to them in. They said they wouldn't do that and I had to ship it myself. So I laid out the 20 to 30 games of theirs I had on various platforms took a picture mailed that too them with something saying they would never get another dollar from me. Sure EA sucks, but I'd never volunteer myself up for chores or hassle for a company as a result of this. I also wouldn't try to fleece a comoany like this guy did.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Then why does this one come from cape code express and not amazon? Why does this one have boxes for the driver to fill out including the drivers signature. Freight companies commonly use their own invoices for delivery. I work with invoices and deliveries all the time. You clearly do not. Amazon appears no where on the invoice shown in the video. For someone who has taken multiple screenshots and scoured over it you sure are surprisingly ill informed.
    I'm the one ill informed when you don't understand the difference? LOL. Go look up FOB and the Carmack amendment while you are at it.

The BOL tells the driver to deliver 2 pieces. The driver signs that he delivered 2 pieces. The customer signs that 2 intact pieces are delivered. How is that confusing?

Maybe it was the shipping company back office who screwed up the order, maybe it was the merchant who requested the delivery, who cares.

FWIW, I've received many multiple pallet orders of IT equipment worth over a quarter million dollars. I understand the difference between a packing slip, a bill of lading, and an invoice. I've spent days reconciling 6+ page documents to verify correct shipments.

You are resorting to silly straw-men and personal attacks now, you've lost the argument. Good day sir. I'll check back in once he wins in court.

I'm not a piece of shit, so I don't keep things I didn't order.

Last month a mother-of-the-bride dress was wrongly delivered to my house, the address was on the same road, but about 5-10 minutes down the road from me. So I just got in my car and dropped it off at the lady's house after texting her (the packing slip outside had her number on it).

As usual, some of you are completely antisocial degenerates.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm the one ill informed when you don't understand the difference? LOL. Go look up FOB and the Carmack amendment while you are at it.
    The Carmack amendment applies to damages during transit. It has no relevance here. And FOB also does not apply to the delivery companies mistakes. It is about costs between seller and the buyer. So it does certainly appear you are ill informed. The FTC rule does not apply to a delivery company because they are not the merchant. They are the transportation.

So if the driver has to sign (and in this case circled and wrote 2 pieces) then why did you say that a delivery company doesn't do anything to the invoice? Again the delivery company generated that invoice. Amazon does not send things with "No description residential delivery". The delivery company can make a mistake at any they have custody. The law does not allow delivery mistakes to be automatically kept.

Personal attacks? Saying you are not as informed as you seem is a personal attack? Clearly you don't know the difference that much. Because first you argued that the delivery company would not fill out that invoice at all yet just said the driver would sign and fill it out. Then you said that Amazon is the one that generates the invoice even though Amazon doesn't appear on it at all. So at some point your stated knowledge doesn't add up to how you are employing it.

If Amazon shipped two tv's to the guy the delivery company would have no liability or loss for delivering two TV's. If you actually understood contracts and rights as much as you claim you would clearly know that. A delivery company is not liable for fulfillment mistakes. They are liable if they make the mistake.

A seller still has to fullfill an order they make a mistake on. So when a delivery company gives the wrong person a TV they will be on the hook to pay back the seller who now has to ship a second TV. So they will try to fix the mistake to recover costs (or simply pick it up and re-deliver). But again you wouldn't have spent the last how many pages arguing this if you actually knew about this things.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2019-03-25 at 09:40 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I guess it could go both ways. If he bought a smaller version and a larger one arrived, contacted Amazon and they said it's all good, then it's in Amazon's hands at that point. If the TV had a different address on it, and he opted to keep it, then he should be punished. Errors happen in the delivery service.

The problem is that he was sent two television sets.

If you get a package that doesn't have your name on it and you keep it or even open it, you should be beaten to death. You're a pathetic human.

If you get a package that you ordered, but the company sent you the wrong thing, that's their fault and you should be able to keep it until they contact you and pay to have it picked up and shipped back.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."