Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    They're a Religion that has strong language in their holy book that quite obviously informs the reader that non-members of that Religion should be killed or enslaved.

Thank god Christianity neutered itself or you'd still have that bullshit from those guys too.

Islam, as we all know, is about 800 years behind the West right now. Even in their countries pumped full of oil money they still struggle to do things like let women drive cars. Qatar still has slaves, and so on.

So you put a large group of these people in a country full of non-believers, non believers who walk around on a vegan diet, with skinny jeans that crush their balls, reducing their testosterone count and making them basically non-fighters, despite being healthy and in their 20s. You think that take over isn't going to happen?

What about the women? Surrounded by women they deem sluts because you can see their hair, arms and occasionally in summer, their legs. You think you can value someone as an equal while your upbringing in a religion tells you that this person is a subhuman slut?

Really?

come now.
    The issue is less the religion for there was a more progressive time in say Iran and Afghanistan that was utterly crushed by war and the UK and USA intervention in the democratic process of Iran led to the fucking state we have there today.

Afghanistan was also making progress, at one point was literally considered a safe place for LGBT of the past to go on holiday. However Russian and American proxy war fucked that place over with a terror ideological group growing out of it.

I mean America has set quite a few countries back. Look at Jamaica, at one point they too were more progressive but the leader wasn't exactly super American friendly and America was worried about the evil Cuban neighbors. So they interfered in the election which led to tons of corrupt leaders being elected instead and they incited what led to political warfare on the country's ground with hundreds dead.

The issue isn't the religion, the issues ties back quite easily to colonialism and western interference in democratic affairs. Else several countries would have been more progressive today.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The issue is less the religion for there was a more progressive time in say Iran and Afghanistan that was utterly crushed by war and the UK and USA intervention in the democratic process of Iran led to the fucking state we have there today.

Afghanistan was also making progress, at one point was literally considered a safe place for LGBT of the past to go on holiday. However Russian and American proxy war fucked that place over with a terror ideological group growing out of it.

I mean America has set quite a few countries back. Look at Jamaica, at one point they too were more progressive but the leader wasn't exactly super American friendly and America was worried about the evil Cuban neighbors. So they interfered in the election which led to tons of corrupt leaders being elected instead and they incited what led to political warfare on the country's ground with hundreds dead.

The issue isn't the religion, the issues ties back quite easily to colonialism and western interference in democratic affairs. Else several countries would have been more progressive today.
    Sure, i don't deny that happened, but what i'm saying is, if there is a knife sticking out of my neck and at the end of it, holding onto the handle, is a bearded brown man with a uni-brow shouting 'Allahu Akbar', i don't really care what happened to his Grandparents 6,000 miles away back in the 50s.

I care that a man is currently penetrating me with a giant knife and the reason is doing that is because he hates the west, primarily for religious reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
    You're better than that, think back to how they were influenced when they were growing up and how they came to their current mindsets today.

If you attack the people, you're just cutting a head off a hydra, two more will replace it over and over again. It never ends until you go for the source of all the problems.
    You mean people growing up in a culture of hate that we continually excuse the large radical factions of by pointing at moderates? If a good 20% of Christians wanted to execute all non Christians we sure as heck wouldn't see people defending it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Well now you’re either lying or don’t know the numbers.
    Post your numbers for violence specifically associated with right wing not just nutjobs like Aurora that we will compare them to large attacks that have happened outside of 9/11 we can start with Pulse and San Bernardino

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    You mean people growing up in a culture of hate that we continually excuse the large radical factions of by pointing at moderates? If a good 20% of Christians wanted to execute all non Christians we sure as heck wouldn't see people defending it.
    The point I'm trying to make is that killing X group of people or destroying them isn't going to solve anything. Changing society itself would, if you did the necessary things.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Post your numbers for violence specifically associated with right wing not just nutjobs like Aurora that we will compare them to large attacks that have happened outside of 9/11 we can start with Pulse and San Bernardino
    Yes and if you include those two right wing types have killed more...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    because they aren't Muslims.
    Yes they are. To say anything else would be ignorant. Intelligence agencies estimate 15-20% of muslims are radicals. In cases such as this, the (silent) majority doesn't matter. Nor are they suddenly not muslim when they do this kind of thing. Just like the crusaders or inquisitors in Europe's past weren't suddenly no longer christians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Not helping the rising paranoia against Muslims are they?
    Why would they care? Other Muslims have been their biggest victims by far and while people try really hard to paint them as indication of what Muslims are like they aren't even close to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    Yes they are. To say anything else would be ignorant. Intelligence agencies estimate 15-20% of muslims are radicals. In cases such as this, the (silent) majority doesn't matter. Nor are they suddenly not muslim when they do this kind of thing. Just like the crusaders or inquisitors in Europe's past weren't suddenly no longer christians.
    Link to these intelligence agencies estimates thanks. And considering there are far more things in the Quran and Hadith that directly abhors everything these lunatics do rather than support it makes them absolutely not Muslim.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

This has become way too involved in religious discussion. closing now...