Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I wonder if ISIL know about this. It might be that they've moved.

Quote Originally Posted by NoKingRulesForever View Post
    Are you Jewish?
    Nope atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Well, I'm glad that's over, but it's still a hot mess in that area.

I don't care who was in charge at the time. I give create to people East, West, and Middle East I'm just glad it's no longer a thing.

Now the tricky part. To stop shooting and killing each other in Syria.

https://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/u...tate/933340294
    It's not over in the least.

The physical location of the group is gone, but not the group themselves, and certainly not the tremendous amount of money that they have to continue to pursue terrorist interests.

We've eliminated a symbol, but not the virus itself.

They are like roaches - they will just spread around with their extremist religious bullshit. Religion is a cancer that needs to be eradicated and it does not matter whether it's "religion of peace" or anything else - it's all about few indoctrinating unwashed masses, so these few can keep their asses covered for the rest of their lives.

It's not likely to be that simple. They might not have actual control of regions any more, but iirc Al-Qaeda didn't ever really control any territory and continued with their acts of terror anyway. Odds are that they pop up under a new name.

As long as people hold onto dead and false beliefs there will always be hate.
    “If you don't believe me that is too damn bad!”

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    It's not over in the least.

The physical location of the group is gone, but not the group themselves, and certainly not the tremendous amount of money that they have to continue to pursue terrorist interests.

We've eliminated a symbol, but not the virus itself.
    Agreed more needs to be done, but them not having a Defacto State is a good thing.

I'm certainly not suggesting we stop pursuing them.
    "The doctrine of mutually assured destruction has ended war between the superpowers long enough for them to become so economically entrenched in each other that war would now mean disaster." --- Some Random person on Reddit

Any takes on when the the NEXT group of peacebringers will suddenly arise from the ashes of the previous one?
    How long did it take between al-Qaida`s demise and ISIS`s start, how long till the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Any takes on when the the NEXT group of peacebringers will suddenly arise from the ashes of the previous one?
    How long did it take between al-Qaida`s demise and ISIS`s start, how long till the next one.
    Al-Qaeda was never defeated though. It simply re-branded itself as Hayat Tarir al-Shams and is still active in Idilib province in Syria. At least until Russia turns that entire area into ash.

The Islamic State of the Levant is effectively over. They will never build their caliphate in Syria or Iraq. But you are correct that's its only a matter of time before they re-organize somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    the successors of al-qaeda, are not ISIS. They are al-nusra. They are rebelling against Assad in Syria. They changed their name to Hayat Tahrir Al-Sham (HTS) to keep spreading propaganda that they are "moderates" trying to get free of Assad. They are occupying areas in Idlib province.

Turkey and Qatar have build observation points all around idlib to protect them and prevent Assad from attacking them. Don't expect them to go away anytime soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Al-Qaeda was never defeated though. It simply re-branded itself as Hayat Tarir al-Shams and is still active in Idilib province in Syria. At least until Russia turns that entire area into ash.

The Islamic State of the Levant is effectively over. They will never build their caliphate in Syria or Iraq. But you are correct that's its only a matter of time before they re-organize somewhere else.
    Ah you beat me to it!
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    the successors of al-qaeda, are not ISIS. They are al-nusra. They are rebelling against Assad in Syria. They changed their name to Hayat Tahrir Al-Sham (HTS) to keep spreading propaganda that they are "moderates" trying to get free of Assad. They are occupying areas in Idlib province.

Turkey and Qatar have build observation points all around idlib to protect them and prevent Assad from attacking them. Don't expect them to go away anytime soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah you beat me to it!
    I feel bad for the people of Idlib. No only for the terrorist in-fighting they are subjected too but they are just one Russian solider's death away from being bombed in oblivion.

Ummm hate to tell you that Donald Trump personally ended ISIS about a year ago......THREE times.

According to Pence...it was over...after an hour US troops were blown up.