Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Only Blizzard would ban people finding new ways to instantly boost their levels, ban them, then continue to sell instant levels in their store.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Or you know, you can just not use an obvious 100% exploit at all, and not get banned then.

Who are you even defending? Do you think 400%+ exp bonus is a 'may or may not be intended' even when the method with which you apply it clearly reeks of exploit? Don't be upset cuz you blindly followed some stupid ass streamers like Preach, who also just tries to shift the blame, and learn to not exploit the game.
    Well you could level even faster pre-7.3.5 and that wasn't considered an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Only Blizzard would ban people finding new ways to instantly boost their levels, ban them, then continue to sell instant levels in their store.
    Most MMOs never issue harsh bans because they don't want to lose their already tiny and dwindling playerbases. WoW has no such issues, regardless of it being "low", it's still likely in the multiple millions, most MMOs were lucky to reach even one million in their prime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Well you could level even faster pre-7.3.5 and that wasn't considered an exploit.
    Did you need to employ a weird method that normally doesn't work, or did you just stack a bunch of different exp bonuses? Reallllly big difference.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-03-24 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'd much rather they stay silent and lure out all the players who are actively looking for ways to cheat in the game for punishment. The entire thing could have just been a sting operation.
    If thats what makes you feel better I suppose. The community at its best. The people that did it certainly deserve their punishment and most of them agree as well. An important fact to not let escape the conversation because I can tell you must be getting some pleasure from their suspensions. I just rather steps be taken to prevent things as much as possible and, no, I don't think they placed a bug in the game on purpose to catch people. Just a pretty silly and likely trolly comment that swung and missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Did you need to employ a weird method that normally doesn't work, or did you just stack a bunch of different exp bonuses? Reallllly big difference.
    Well for both methods you were just stacking exp bonuses or am I missing something about that recent exploit?

Well for both methods you were just stacking exp bonuses or am I missing something about that recent exploit?
    For the potions to stack, you had to separate them from a regular stack and click each separately. This is a really specific thing to do, especially considering you've never had to do it to get potion buffs to stack in the past. If they're intended to stack, you should have been able to click a stack of 20 like you can with every other stackable potion.

It's such an obvious exploit that I simply can't help but laugh at people, especially those complaining. Plenty of people know they fucked up and are just taking their ban in silence, but all these people trying to justify themselves or put blame on Blizzard is just down right funny to me. Bugs happen especially in a game this old, if you aren't sure it's an exploit then simply don't do it, it's not Blizzard's job to make sure you follow the ToS, but it is their job to follow up when you break it.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-03-24 at 11:52 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    Before 7.3.5 you were stacking different things from different sources (RAF+Elixir of Rapid Mind+Heirlooms), this one is the same thing over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    Of course it does. Take the respawn rates on the alchemy flasks from the tools of the trade item being really fast. There's still been no word on that, yet it was clearly busted. Was that an exploit? Will bans go out for that? We don't know.
    Why are you being obtuse on purpose?

The potion buff required specific action from the player to take advantage of it (splitting the stack). The buff wouldn't stack otherwise. That's clearly unintended functionality.
    Does your tools of the trade bug require a specific action, other than using the item normally? If it does, then it's uninded functionality and you should report the bug to Blizzard. If it doesn't, then it's not.

Use a tiny ounce of common sense maybe?
    Whataboutisms like this are really not helping anyone.
    Last edited by Greyscale; 2019-03-24 at 11:54 AM.

Blatant bug/exploit, no need to blame Blizz for something which is so obvious. You're either naive, stupid or just trolling. There's plenty of bugs in the game, some go unnoticed and are fixed without word, look at the Titan Residium bug is going... our M+ team has been abusing this no end... but I dunno if it's fixed yet.

Another thing to consider is that announcing things before it's fixed would cause more people to exploit. People know it takes a lot to get perma-banned, and tons of people have already said the short ban was worth it if they don't roll back. Blizzard knows people will do it regardless of the consequences sometimes, so by not spreading the word they minimize the work needed to ban people.

On top of that, when bugs are really well known, especially when streamers are broadcasting it, it's a good time to basically make an example of people. The more people who know, the more people who hear about the bans, the less people might exploit in the future.

I'm actually sad Preach and other streamers didn't get permabanned for it though, Streamers should be held to significantly higher standards due to their uhhh, influence on the community I guess. Every streamer who did this knew it was an exploit, they know how the game works, they should have actively encouraged people not to do it, not the exact opposite.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2019-03-24 at 12:01 PM.

If Blizzard would have respond to those silly ban question, it would have given it just more exposure and made more people use it before they could fix it. My only concern is how hard is it to code a potion if they failed so hard doing this one (still no duration buff, could be stacked if unstack... is the XP part so unique or did an intern did it?)
    Solus in hostes ruit et patriam servavit.

"Sims again? I thought we learned last time." - Ornyx

Stood in the Fire
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    If Blizzard would have respond to those silly ban question, it would have given it just more exposure and made more people use it before they could fix it. My only concern is how hard is it to code a potion if they failed so hard doing this one (still no duration buff, could be stacked if unstack... is the XP part so unique or did an intern did it?)
    Must be some archaic chunk of consumable code interns keep pasting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wncXD8QOriE Also these exp potions wouldn't stack in your bags if you had a bunch from horde vendor and some from alliance vendor on one character.

It was clearly a bug, but Blizz 100% should've been on top of it. They were made aware of it several times with people tweeting at their dev team for days asking "Is this intended or legal?" and being ignored.

Sure, some players obviously knew it was wrong but others just see a character in a dungeon gain 4-5 levels and asks "How'd you do that?"

I think the right thing to do would've been to disable the potions right away, but i don't think they've even been disabled by now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    A simple "We disabled xp potion until we can solve the problem" would've been 100% better than just ignoring it as some innocent players get caught in the ban wave.

You can't just put your head in the sand as a game dev and pretend no one will notice. that's not how this works

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Another thing to consider is that announcing things before it's fixed would cause more people to exploit. People know it takes a lot to get perma-banned, and tons of people have already said the short ban was worth it if they don't roll back. Blizzard knows people will do it regardless of the consequences sometimes, so by not spreading the word they minimize the work needed to ban people.

On top of that, when bugs are really well known, especially when streamers are broadcasting it, it's a good time to basically make an example of people. The more people who know, the more people who hear about the bans, the less people might exploit in the future.

I'm actually sad Preach and other streamers didn't get permabanned for it though, Streamers should be held to significantly higher standards due to their uhhh, influence on the community I guess. Every streamer who did this knew it was an exploit, they know how the game works, they should have actively encouraged people not to do it, not the exact opposite.
    Disagree. Preach and the others, MULTIPLE times, reached out to blizz to say "hey this is broken, is this intended?" etc. It's blizzard's responsibility to fix broken items, or disable them.

I've seen them hotfix items out of the game for FAR LESS than this.

That said, it was clearly a blatant abuse but it's LEVELING who cares in 2019?! leveling has never meant less in WoW so who gives a hoot?!

PS - preach actually asked blizz to make an example of him and got 31 days banned. He owned up to it, so why the hate on the youtubers?

Quote Originally Posted by Intropid View Post
    It's easy to point fingers at players for abusing a system that they think may or may not be working as intended. It's absolutely insane that Blizzard didn't respond and hasn't responded. Days before the bans came in, people were bombarding Blizzard with tweets telling them of the bug, and if they were allowed to do it or not. They were met with complete silence as they watched streamers for hours, and hours use this exact same bug and Blizzard still chose to be silent on the matter. It seems as though the team is preferring inaction rather than action. I believe most of the bans could've been avoided if the team was more communicative.
    It's the fact that Blizzard knew about this for days, and didn't do anything about It making people like Preach and others assuming It's Intended at that point. Adding ontop of that the fact that leveling has been BORING AS NAILS for 10+ years now. I'm doing the Final Fantasy 14 Trial period, free leveling until 35 and I've never had more fun leveling In an MMO so far In the 2-3 hours I've spent there becoming level 11 now.

It's Blizzard's own fault, you're right. They should've communicated this to us right away, told us "Hey this Is a bug, completely unintended please do not abuse this It might be a banablle offense" that's all they had to do.

But, since their playerbase Is very likely small, they didn't mind the free sub bumps that that would've Inspired, seeing other group members spamming dungeons, seeing that potion used and be like "How can I do that? Is leveling so easy? I should sub!" don't put that beyond Blizzard, they're a scummy company at this point having lost what they used to be, and even then they used to be scummy we just didn't see It as we were blinded fanboys that let them do anything to us, well not anymore.

I agree with you here, they should've done something about It right away and It just shows how nobody from their side communicates, while we are CLEARLY communicating since day one about this Issue. But CMs like Lore didn't even bother tweeting out at least the fact that they're aware and we shouldn't do It. Or the multitude of other CMs, at least the ones that didn't get sacked I mean...
    Banned on WoW since April 2015 because Blizzard doesn't wanna help me when my account got hacked, Is being hacked not a good reason to return my account to me, Blizzard? I'm looking to speak to representatives and members of Blizzard's CS and other departments to help me fix this situation, since CS has failed me I want to seek other official channels. Feel free to message about this

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    It's the fact that Blizzard knew about this for days, and didn't do anything about It making people like Preach and others assuming It's Intended at that point.
    Eh. It doesn't work like that. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Or you know, you can just not use an obvious 100% exploit at all, and not get banned then.

Who are you even defending? Do you think 400%+ exp bonus is a 'may or may not be intended' even when the method with which you apply it clearly reeks of exploit? Don't be upset cuz you blindly followed some stupid ass streamers like Preach, who also just tries to shift the blame, and learn to not exploit the game.
    This exploit didnt effect other Players/the Economy. You got your chars faster to max, that's it. And since Blizzard didnt responded for days it looked Like they didnt Care too much.
    The couldron Bug e.g. had a huge Impact on the Economy and resulted in no bans.

Blizzard are a complete mess. So glad I'm off this hamster wheel and genuinely feel sorry for those stuck on the cash loop.

Who knows one day it might get better but I very much doubt it. Quitting the game has actually made me feel happier as a human being as I don't get pissed off and fed up over crap like this ban wave.

" if you didnt want me to steal your stuff you shoulda put more than one lock on the door"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Blizzard are a complete mess. So glad I'm off this hamster wheel and genuinely feel sorry for those stuck on the cash loop.

Who knows one day it might get better but I very much doubt it. Quitting the game has actually made me feel happier as a human being as I don't get pissed off and fed up over crap like this ban wave.
    you know having a toxic relationship because you make the concious choice to play a game you dont enjoy has literally nothing to do with that game, or blizzard entertainment right?

as i keep saying "make sure to play with your friends outside of azeroth too!" "take everything in moderation" the devs dont want you playing their game if you arent having fun.

if you've continued to play after you stopped having fun, its your fault.

grow up!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    This exploit didnt effect other Players/the Economy. You got your chars faster to max, that's it. And since Blizzard didnt responded for days it looked Like they didnt Care too much.
    The couldron Bug e.g. had a huge Impact on the Economy and resulted in no bans.
    so you took something, didnt get in trouble so decided that it was ok.

and you blame blizzard for it?
    Its a bit nutty seeing someone literally replying to every post in a topic obsessed with belittle everyone for not thinking warcraft is crap, call OTHER people Addicts and fanboys. Lol You're addicted to hate and being your own fanboy, ya nutter butter

Scarab Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Disagree. Preach and the others, MULTIPLE times, reached out to blizz to say "hey this is broken, is this intended?" etc. It's blizzard's responsibility to fix broken items, or disable them.

That said, it was clearly a blatant abuse but it's LEVELING who cares in 2019?! leveling has never meant less in WoW so who gives a hoot?!

PS - preach actually asked blizz to make an example of him and got 31 days banned. He owned up to it, so why the hate on the youtubers?
    One of those "Multiple Others" (Josh?) also clearly stated this was an exploit on their very stream. I'm am 100% certain people were doing the exact same thing while chatting with their friends... Hell, I *know* they were doing this - while warning my own guildies about it, some of them were clearly "hmm, is this worth the risk?"

The reasoning never was "this is completely legal, don't worry about it", but "it is an exploit, but they don't really ban people for that". Turns out it was wrong this time. It is a problem with Blizzard being far too lenient far too often, but one should realize that there is always a risk involved with that kind of shady stuff.

And the "hate on youtubers" comes from them making this far more widely known that it would have been otherwise. People are honestly surprised that Preach damaged his relations with Blizzard by openly streaming an obvious exploit. Others are probably blaming them for their own ban. Others still are pointing fingers at entirely different bugs and claiming those people should also be banned. The last group *might* have a point, but it's a clear case of whataboutism, which doesn't make them innocent in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    It was clearly a bug, but Blizz 100% should've been on top of it. They were made aware of it several times with people tweeting at their dev team for days asking "Is this intended or legal?" and being ignored.

Sure, some players obviously knew it was wrong but others just see a character in a dungeon gain 4-5 levels and asks "How'd you do that?"

I think the right thing to do would've been to disable the potions right away, but i don't think they've even been disabled by now?

- - - Updated - - -

A simple "We disabled xp potion until we can solve the problem" would've been 100% better than just ignoring it as some innocent players get caught in the ban wave.

You can't just put your head in the sand as a game dev and pretend no one will notice. that's not how this works

- - - Updated - - -

"Hey this is broken" implies they knew it wasn't intended, yet they still used it and worse, spread it around. Like I've been saying, if you clearly know it's an exploit, it's on you to not use it, simple as that. Blizzard isn't here to hold your hand to follow their ToS, it's up to you to do that, and if you're unsure something is an exploit, then just don't do it.

The one's with a bit of a grey area are a little different, but there's no grey here, there's no way streamers, people who play this game as a literal job, didn't know this was an exploit that would result in a ban, yet they still spread it around to all their followers and likely got a lot of people banned who otherwise wouldn't because they were doing it and making it seem like it was OK. This is pretty scummy to me, they know the position they're in and the consequences of their actions. They're community leaders, some with 10s of thousands of followers, they shouldn't advocate cheating, regardless of how much leveling "means" in the current game. Preach is likely just trying to save face, if he really cared he wouldn't have used it himself, and would have actively tried to discourage others from doing it. And quite frankly, even if he did keep saying "Hey don't do this", well, actions speak louder than words, so when he says don't do it but turns around and does it himself, not only is he a hypocrite but he sets a terrible example, and people like that shouldn't be in influential positions.