Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Blizzard did communicate: they banned everyone who exploited the game. This is the clearest message there is.

I really hope they roll back all of those characters too.
    A professional community manager in the making here.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    We are so stupid that we can't make a non stacking potion but people stacked the potion so in the end it's the peoples fault.
    So you think that just because a mistaken was made, it's okay for people to exploit it? Good luck in life with that kind of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    We are so stupid that we can't make a non stacking potion but people stacked the potion so in the end it's the peoples fault.
    Your reasoning is quite impressive. As in your inability to stick to the question at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Your reasoning is quite impressive. As in your inability to stick to the question at hand.
    Thanks for proving my point.

No reasonable person would agree that a potion stacking multiple times is normal and not an exploit. There are piles of previous potions not stacking that would lead again a reasonable person to conclude this was not normal.

With this obvious conclusion a reasonable person could go two ways. A) they say its probably an exploit or unintended and I'm not risking my account on it B) its an exploit and unintended but I'm willing to risk some punishment to abuse it

Anyone not in the above two is an unreasonable person and fully deserves the punishment and probably more.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Agreed. Pretty pathetic they can't at least admit the bug was their fault. Like most other devs.
    Why would anyone think the bug is NOT the fault of the developers?

What exactly do you think is the case? That someone hacked into Blizzard and messed up the code? Gremlins? Voodoo curse?

The severity of the punishments are the biggest problem of this whole ordeal. A slap on the wrist of some sort was all that was needed As i discussed in my thread that was closed, leveling is completely meaningless with the ability to purchase 110s and the current state of the game.

People comparing this to stealing cars and stealing other things don't understand the heart of the issue and are only adding super hyperbolic comparisons into the discussion

No rollback according to Reddit. Everyone there who got the 2 day ban seems to be saying "worth it" and all that, especially with it being timed over a weekend

Did a search of the thread, so going to notify the folks that posted about rollbacks on both sides of the debate @Sansnom @Yunaqt @kamuimac @Intropid @Tumile @Queen of Hamsters @Schizoide @Morae Just figured you guys would want to know.

(i think they should have done a rollback to give my two cents)
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-03-24 at 09:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    So you think that just because a mistaken was made, it's okay for people to exploit it? Good luck in life with that kind of logic.
    I mean you were calling exploiters scumbags, sounds like your the one that needs an re-education in logic and reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicon View Post
    so how can players do anything without being sure it is exploit or not?
    So the fact that the only way this worked was to separate the potions into stacks of one. If you don't think that's a clear exploit then please keep playing the game. I will laugh when you post your own thread crying about how you got banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Intropid View Post
    I mean you were calling exploiters scumbags, sounds like your the one that needs an re-education in logic and reasoning.
    Well I wasn't wrong, but regardless, that literally has nothing to do with logic or reasoning. But keep trying. I'm sure you'll best me eventually.

15+ Year Old Account
    Huh. I would have exploited this myself too if it was a 2 day sanction and no roll back. Fast 110-120 in exchange for not getting to play for a couple of days, which I would have spent on leveling instead.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    Anyone who thinks that a bug that allowed potions to stack to upwards of 700% bonus exp "may be working as intended" is either lying or stupid.

"But they could have communicated better!" Maybe, but don't kid yourself into thinking that anyone seriously thought this bug/exploit was okay to use.
    Amen Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Huh. I would have exploited this myself too if it was a 2 day sanction and no roll back. Fast 110-120 in exchange for not getting to play for a couple of days, which I would have spent on leveling instead.
    They could possibly just be holding the roll back for a later time. Seeing how long it took them to fix this bug, it might take them even longer to find all the accounts that used it and restore them to the level they were at before.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bibliomaniac View Post
    There was a day in age when Blizzard just dealt with the bug, fixed it, and went on their way. Their philosophy was "If the bug is there it's our fault, not the players."
    this has never been true they have been banning people for exploiting since classic.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    There is few people in the world who just rub me the wrong way. He is one of them. Towelliee is another. The former is due to what seems to be projected arrogance like "I was once a player. Now I'm a CM /rawr beastmode", the later is the few times I watched him, back before he vaped like a cuck, he was just a slob. Burping on stream, etc.
    Lore was always a useless piece of shit going back to his Maintankadin/Tankspot days. The fact Activision jettisoned 800 people and that waste of life wasn't one of them tells you all you need to know about the state of that company

Toweliee on the other hand is just a meme. Dude thought he was hot shit till Asmongold started pulling in 5 times his numbers and then he changed stream schedules like it was his idea to do it all along. He loves to keep saying "I'm cool with my viewer count" because he knows there's a dozen streamers more interesting than him. He's an irrelevant streamer in an even more irrelevant streaming category.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    No rollback according to Reddit. Everyone there who got the 2 day ban seems to be saying "worth it" and all that, especially with it being timed over a weekend

Just figured you guys would want to know.

(i think they should have done a rollback to give my two cents)
    Disappointing, the time saved out weighs the punishment. Especially for those who only got a 3 - 7 day suspension.

i believe situations like this irl would be surrounded by comments like "natural selection at its finest". If it smells of exploit and seems stupid, dont do it

People are still throwing a hissy fit when they get caught

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Intropid View Post
    It's easy to point fingers at players for abusing a system that they think may or may not be working as intended. It's absolutely insane that Blizzard didn't respond and hasn't responded. Days before the bans came in, people were bombarding Blizzard with tweets telling them of the bug, and if they were allowed to do it or not. They were met with complete silence as they watched streamers for hours, and hours use this exact same bug and Blizzard still chose to be silent on the matter. It seems as though the team is preferring inaction rather than action. I believe most of the bans could've been avoided if the team was more communicative.
    Let me guess, you got banned for abusing it?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..