Page 24 of 37 FirstFirst ...
14
22
23
24
25
26
34
... LastLast
  1. #461
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Your "factually" incorrect there as you make a statement of fact for "signs" which are not fact in any way ... there err signs, ie a guess or possibility, you have no actual facts you can use to prove with facts that what your suggesting is correct.

    And given Blizz no longer release sub numbers ... your pretty much grasping at thin air.
    /shrug.

    I'm just relaying the facts. If you don't want to believe them then that's your decision and right to.

  2. #462
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Unless you exploit the Tools of the Trade, then its ok because I havent seen 1 banned yet..
    Don't you realize there's a significant difference between the two situations? Between "I just have to camp that spawn point" and "I'll separate the exp potions in stacks of 1"?

    People didn't get banned for using the Tools of the trade cauldron bug because the players using this bug did nothing wrong (albeit ethically questionable, but that's not the issue here). They just clicked on a item that happened to respawn faster, good for them.
    People got banned for using the exp potion bug because they deliberately separated the potions and made the item not work as intended.

    It would have been the same if the exp potions had given, let's say, a flat +200% xp instead of +10% without any players' action. It's not the player's fault if an item isn't working as intended, it's his fault if he's deliberately making the item not work as intended (in that case, stacking the bonus).
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-03-25 at 12:39 AM.

  3. #463
    No, the drama is a direct product of people thinking it's OK to abuse it. It was clearly not intended, and you cannot take silence to mean it's OK. That's just a stupid assumption to make. We all know Blizzard has sucked majorly at communicating lately.

  4. #464
    Old God Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    10,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    /shrug.

    I'm just relaying the facts. If you don't want to believe them then that's your decision and right to.
    just saying the "sighs are there" isn't a fact at all, do you even know what a fact is?

  5. #465
    So unstacking items is now exploit?
    Honestly? 100% developers fault.
    If they would be sued over such ban they would loose.

    As there is no way prove that is not working as intended. No external tool was used and it wasnt even complicated.

    Blizz shoud Just rollback those toons and fix the bug. Admit to mistake. Pride is going to be their downfall

  6. #466
    Nah it's a byproduct of people trying to cheat and being unable to deal with the consequences,like every other exploit before

  7. #467
    Elemental Lord Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    8,473
    yes because bans have only started happening now... I swear people that bitch about Blizzard most of the time just discovered them yesterday. Did people forget the Saronite Bomb incident?

    People need to at least be smart to think before acting when it comes to these things. I have no sympathy for people who get banned. I been playing WoW since 2005 and haven't been banned once. Because I like to think I have a brain between my ears.
    "Hatred and prejudice will never be eradicated. And witch hunts will never be about witches. To have a scapegoat—that's the key" - Geralt of Rivia

  8. #468
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    /shrug.

    I'm just relaying the facts. If you don't want to believe them then that's your decision and right to.
    do you work for Blizzard? Is that how you know that what was said is facts?

  9. #469
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    As there is no way prove that is not working as intended. No external tool was used and it wasnt even complicated.
    The fact that they didn't stack when you drink a stack of potions gave this away. Hence the exploit was 'opt in'.

    You can't even do this on accident. Every time you bought the potion it adds another one to the stack. You had to go out of your way to unstack them.

  10. #470
    Banned Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the Pet Sematary... Phear me!
    Posts
    23,296
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    No rollback according to Reddit. Everyone there who got the 2 day ban seems to be saying "worth it" and all that, especially with it being timed over a weekend

    Did a search of the thread, so going to notify the folks that posted about rollbacks on both sides of the debate @Sansnom @Yunaqt @kamuimac @Intropid @Tumile @Queen of Hamsters @Schizoide @Morae Just figured you guys would want to know.

    (i think they should have done a rollback to give my two cents)
    Good to know, thanks for bringing it to attention!

    Guess Blizzard didn't have the full-grown balls, just the little ones, equipped for this occasion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Your "factually" incorrect there as you make a statement of fact for "signs" which are not fact in any way ... there err signs, ie a guess or possibility, you have no actual facts you can use to prove with facts that what your suggesting is correct.

    And given Blizz no longer release sub numbers ... your pretty much grasping at thin air.
    Don't bother, he's desperate.

    Of course he's got no facts or figures to back him up. Weird for someone previously so concerned with being the voice of reason, but I guess ex-partner syndrome radicalizes people.

  11. #471
    they will ban people and they will keep the xp...

    worth it if you ask me , would have exploited the shit out of it , IF i was still playing / leveling .

    Blizzard is shit at banning exploiters . it was never any different


    As long as you dont install anything? exploit the fuck out of it you will never get a perma ban

    worst case? temp ban.

    I mean even the guys who botted archealogy back when it was new only got a temp ban , i remember the guild we used to fight with in the rankings all got banned for a few months
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2019-03-25 at 01:44 AM.

  12. #472
    Banned Queen of Hamsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the Pet Sematary... Phear me!
    Posts
    23,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    they will ban people and they will keep the xp...

    worth it if you ask me , would have exploited the shit out of it , IF i was still playing / leveling .

    Blizzard is shit at banning exploiters . it was never any different


    As long as you dont install anything? exploit the fuck out of it you will never get a perma ban
    Getting bans to your account on numerous occasions may lead to permaban/harsher bans down the line, as well as inability to partake in various promotions.

    Just a warning.

    The forums where players tend to find these exploits out/create other cheats have new players on a daily basis appealing for help to undo a permaban.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-03-25 at 01:48 AM.

  13. #473
    Unstacking is nothing like "opt-in". It is a valid gamę mechanic.

    Remember the burden of proof is on blizz.
    And how do You legally prove that was exploit?
    How would You prove in court what is "working as intended".

  14. #474
    Elemental Lord rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,869
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Unstacking is nothing like "opt-in". It is a valid gamę mechanic. Remember the burden of proof is on blizz. And how do You legally prove that was exploit? How would You prove in court what is "working as intended".
    There is no burden of proof on Blizzard. They have the right to terminate access to the product. At least read and understand the contracts you agreed. It is also not a valid game mechanic that single stacks of items allow you to a buff that can not be stacked while the items are stacked. You are wrong all the way.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  15. #475
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Except it is not harmless

    getting free max level chartecters effects a few things

    the Boe market for leveling
    the enchanting market for leveling
    the leveling experiance for others, as remember with this many stacked potions people were able to 1 shot most mobs in dungeons
    crafted legion legendary sales, as many people do buy the crafted ones liek the leather boots, as they make 100-116 SUPER fast
    Compared to millions of gold worth of flask and pots it does jot effect the economy I'm guess you abused the cauldrons if you think it wasn't a much bigger deal.

  16. #476
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    12,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The point is that they should have publicly acknowledged that this was an exploit. Yes, it was obvious, but it covers their assets to a degree.
    This is ridiculous. Them, "acknowledging" it would result in more people using it, and this whole "blizzard is also to blame, because they didn't said that this is a bannable exploit" is stupid, and sounds like an excuse to "hey, everybody is doing it, so i guess i'll do it too!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  17. #477
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    17,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Compared to millions of gold worth of flask and pots it does jot effect the economy I'm guess you abused the cauldrons if you think it wasn't a much bigger deal.
    and those people are sure to be banned once blizz gets to it, i have heard some being banned but few people exploited it compared to this
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  18. #478
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    So unstacking items is now exploit?
    Honestly? 100% developers fault.
    If they would be sued over such ban they would loose.

    As there is no way prove that is not working as intended. No external tool was used and it wasnt even complicated.

    Blizz shoud Just rollback those toons and fix the bug. Admit to mistake. Pride is going to be their downfall
    If the potions only work when separated from a stack and not when stacked, which is behavior that is different from all other stackable potions and consumables in the game, then that is quite obviously a bug.

    The fact that you think they would lose in civil court over this is also laughable given it is quite obviously a bug and the terms of service is pretty clear regarding what Blizzard can and can't do with a characters account that has done something they deem as cheating/exploiting a known bug. Also, as another poster pointed out, as the person bringing the complaint the burden of proof lies on you proving your case (ie: establishing that there was reasonable doubt that the behavior was a intended and not a bug), while Blizzard would merely have to offer sufficient evidence to cast doubt on your claim or show that the claim is unfounded which in a civil case such as this would be fairly easy to prove.
    Last edited by Brubear; 2019-03-25 at 02:25 AM.

  19. #479
    First of all. Different behaviour =/= bug.
    You are not the developer so You cannot say what is bug and what is working as intended.

    Points like: Blizz can terminate Service based on their whims.
    Can be easily invalidated. This is why unbaning Services actually works.

    there is nothing obvious unless written clearly in terms of service

  20. #480
    lol @ the people trying to justify what they did, even preach whined like a bitch in his video, "OH I WAS IN THE WRONG I WANT TO BE MADE AN EXAMPLE OF...BUT..."

    NO, fuck off with your 'BUT..', glad he got banned or is getting banned from blizz events

    Everyone who got a ban/suspension who is trying to shift some blame to blizzard which from what I can tell is most of the people, good riddance
    Last edited by peki; 2019-03-25 at 02:55 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •