Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ...
15
23
24
25
26
27
35
... LastLast
  1. #481
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Demacia
    Posts
    3,078
    There's no 'drama', a bunch of cheaters abused an exploit to get something and got banned. Permabanning them might have been a bit much but they didn't do that so whatever. It's no different from justifying bots, hacks and other shit that I know you scrubbadubs love using because you think there's no consequence.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

  2. #482
    Over 9000! Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    9,709
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Only Blizzard would ban people finding new ways to instantly boost their levels, ban them, then continue to sell instant levels in their store.
    Cheating is cheating, and business is business... you seem to have confused the two.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    It's the fact that Blizzard knew about this for days, and didn't do anything about It making people like Preach and others assuming It's Intended at that point. Adding ontop of that the fact that leveling has been BORING AS NAILS for 10+ years now. I'm doing the Final Fantasy 14 Trial period, free leveling until 35 and I've never had more fun leveling In an MMO so far In the 2-3 hours I've spent there becoming level 11 now.

    It's Blizzard's own fault, you're right. They should've communicated this to us right away, told us "Hey this Is a bug, completely unintended please do not abuse this It might be a banablle offense" that's all they had to do.

    But, since their playerbase Is very likely small, they didn't mind the free sub bumps that that would've Inspired, seeing other group members spamming dungeons, seeing that potion used and be like "How can I do that? Is leveling so easy? I should sub!" don't put that beyond Blizzard, they're a scummy company at this point having lost what they used to be, and even then they used to be scummy we just didn't see It as we were blinded fanboys that let them do anything to us, well not anymore.

    I agree with you here, they should've done something about It right away and It just shows how nobody from their side communicates, while we are CLEARLY communicating since day one about this Issue. But CMs like Lore didn't even bother tweeting out at least the fact that they're aware and we shouldn't do It. Or the multitude of other CMs, at least the ones that didn't get sacked I mean...
    Anyone that did it knew, If you or they say they didn't know then its a lie. Just like its a lie to blame your brother for what you did when your account gets banned for stalking.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  3. #483
    Elemental Lord rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,940
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    there is nothing obvious unless written clearly in terms of service
    It is clearly written in the terms of service that Blizzard can ban you for an exploit. There is nothing clearly written saying they are required to inform you of any and all exploits prior to taking action. There are no unban services that work for WoW. Different behavior then all other potions is a clear indication of a bug. Gaining a massive experience buff is a clear indication that something is wrong.

    The question is why are you trying so hard to defend exploiters and hate blizzard.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  4. #484
    There is no "but" since this was not exploit. Just a clever way of using mechanic. Period.

    Unless someone will find suitable explanation in TOS. And from what i know having multiple buffs is not in there

    PS. Never used that potion, had all toons @120 before that potion even existed.
    PS 2.
    Unban services does work for wow. I know of few cases.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2019-03-25 at 03:39 AM.

  5. #485
    Elemental Lord rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,940
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    There is no "but" since this was not exploit. Just a clever way of using mechanic. Period.
    Which is an exploit. The terms of service does not need to specifically list each exploit in order for you to violate the terms of service. I honestly don't get how you can't understand that. Do you also think you can get away with any crime in real life as long as the laws don't specifically say the exact way you do that crime is illegal?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  6. #486
    You got it the other way around. In real life You have to prove that someone broke the rules. And You have rules written very clearly.
    You wont go to jail for something that cant be considered as crime.

  7. #487
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    There is no "but" since this was not exploit. Just a clever way of using mechanic. Period.

    Unless someone will find suitable explanation in TOS. And from what i know having multiple buffs is not in there

    PS. Never used that potion, had all toons @120 before that potion even existed.
    PS 2.
    Unban services does work for wow. I know of few cases.
    It's clearly stated in the TOS that you didn't read that Blizzard can choose to ban your account at anytime for any reason they want.

    Tbh, you're kind of setting a record for how many times a person can be wrong a single thread.

  8. #488
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Getting bans to your account on numerous occasions may lead to permaban/harsher bans down the line, as well as inability to partake in various promotions.

    Just a warning.

    The forums where players tend to find these exploits out/create other cheats have new players on a daily basis appealing for help to undo a permaban.

    and ? i heard of people sending blizzard email to say : sorry i was botting i was a kid "lol 1 year ago" and they got unbanned... its like you just need to say sorry to get unbanned.. yeah no fuck blizzards banning policy

  9. #489
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    First of all. Different behaviour =/= bug.
    You are not the developer so You cannot say what is bug and what is working as intended.

    Points like: Blizz can terminate Service based on their whims.
    Can be easily invalidated. This is why unbaning Services actually works.

    there is nothing obvious unless written clearly in terms of service
    The developer can, and they did. With that aside, if something is a game is behaving in a way that is completely different from all things similar to it, especially when said behavior is already a little fishy (because it only stacking when you consume individual potions that aren't stacked but not when they're stacked TOTALLY seems like something they'd do intentionally) and unlike any other behavior we've seen in the game, it's usually a safe bet to assume it is a bug and wait until there is official word before doing it intentionally.

    The ToS doesn't say they can terminate on a whim, but nice attempt to try and obfuscate what the ToS says about exploitative behavior. This holds especially true given how Blizzard has a history of coming down hard on people who have done similar things in the past. If it's not behaving in a way that is normal for other like items/activities in the game, it's usually a safe bet to play it safe rather than going ham and doing it excessively because "differen't behavior != bug, guys". That argument always works so well in peoples favor (see: AP bug, saronite bombs, bloodstone exploits in d3, etc).

    Bottom line is the same it's always been, and why I always get a kick out of people trying to defend those who find something that seems like a bug and, rather than reporting it and moving on, do it repeatedly under the guise of "well I didn't KNOW if it was a bug or not" only to get banned. If it seems like it might be a bug, don't do it. Worst-case scenario is Blizzard later states it's working as intended and you can then carry on doing it until your heart's content (oh no: you might not have as many people leveled as others if you'd waited), but the worst-case is obviously you get banned. This is how it's always worked, and if you don't want to risk getting banned then be smart about it and don't repeatedly do something that seems like it might be a bug.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You got it the other way around. In real life You have to prove that someone broke the rules. And You have rules written very clearly.
    You wont go to jail for something that cant be considered as crime.
    In real life if an organization has rules of use that you agree to and you repeatedly do something over and over that is a violation of those rules, then they have every legal right to kick you out and bar you from using their thing (space/item/service) unless the terms of use explicitly does something that is illegal (ie: they use a metric that they're not legally allowed to or don't consider a certain law).

    Also, since it's a civil matter in the US (which Blizzard is a US company so US law is what would apply) they only need a preponderance of evidence (ie: the standard is met if the proposition is more likely to be true than not true and is satisfied if there is a greater than 50% chance it is true), which given their prior stance on bugs, the normal behavior for potions in the game, and the way a player would have to go out of their way in order for the potion to stack, would be pretty easy to meet in a court of law.

    So yes, they wouldn't go to jail over this (since it's a civil matter, not a criminal matter), Blizzard would have close to a slam-dunk case against someone who abused this behavior (ie: did it repeatedly) but tried to sue them.

  10. #490
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Whataboutism is never a strong defense lol
    Nor is hypocrisy a good look.

  11. #491
    I'm a bit surprised this thread hasn't already taken a turn towards people coming in here and gloating that there was no rollback performed, as people on reddit are already saying "worth it" and all that. Those 2 day people don't seem to mind at all. 7s might be a bit more on the fence depending on how it affects their guilds BoD progression

    The lack of a rollback is certainly puzzling, and the random ban lengths.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-03-25 at 05:16 AM.

  12. #492
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and those people are sure to be banned once blizz gets to it, i have heard some being banned but few people exploited it compared to this
    Wrong, a ton of people exploited the cauldron thing a lot of guild even boosted an alchemist on a separate account just so they weren't risking their main accounts because they literally got enough flasks and pots for the entire expac from it.

  13. #493
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Silvermoon Citadel
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So the fact that the only way this worked was to separate the potions into stacks of one. If you don't think that's a clear exploit then please keep playing the game. I will laugh when you post your own thread crying about how you got banned.
    Nah, I am not one that does exploits, also not among those that cries about stuff..

  14. #494
    Over 9000! Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    9,709
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    True but when you have hundreds of players legit ASKING them if its a bug or not and not hearing an answer for DAYS, it sends out the message that it's irrelevant and Blizz doesn't care.

    Blizz is equally at fault here for this. Period.

    Grossly incompetent management of the issue, turning an anthill into a mountain.

    I don't feel bad for exploiters and never will, but it's just Blizzard should've done something long before they did. Something as easy as disabling the potions for a few days.
    There is no equal fault here, the fault is solely on those that exploited. If Blizzard did anything wrong here it was in not permabanning those accounts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That’s actually my point tho my man... is that Blizz was made aware of it for days. They could’ve handled it better, faster, and without so many casualties that most only occurred because Blizz kept their head in the sand.

    If you were made aware of an exploit in your MUD, that was probably a 1/10 in terms of emergency to your game, would you just ignore it for days even when point blank asked a hundred times? And then go on twitter to mock those you banned (lore)

    Of course not! That’s my entire point. They were made aware of it and had every necessary tool and manpower needed to fix it within minutes or at least warn people “hey I’m aware of it don’t abuse it or be banned”
    'head in the sand' you say? Talking out of your ass doesn't bolster your position, not in the least, so stop, its unbecoming.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The XP potion drama is actually a byproduct of the majority of Blizzard's customers being irresponsible man-children.
    Someone that absolutely gets it.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  15. #495
    Pandaren Monk Intropid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Murica.
    Posts
    1,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Well I wasn't wrong, but regardless, that literally has nothing to do with logic or reasoning. But keep trying. I'm sure you'll best me eventually.
    People are scumbags for not playing the game it was intended? I'm not saying it was justified, but you're way over exaggerating it. Let's look at the Merriam-Webster definition of scumbag:


    : a dirty or despicable person

    Seriously? You detest people to such a regard that you think they are despicable people for leveling up there toons fast and taking advantage of a bug? Once again, I think they should've been banned but calling them scum bags is way too far. And it does have to do with logic and reasoning, because a truly logical person should also be able to have at least some kind of empathy, and you clearly lack that. You take this game way too seriously if you truly think they are scumbags.

    Also this isn't about me "besting" you. I posted this thread, and every response to state my opinion. If that's how you view online forums, like you're trying to somehow flex how smart you think you are, then that is honestly really sad.
    Last edited by Intropid; 2019-03-25 at 06:30 AM.



  16. #496
    Quote Originally Posted by Intropid View Post
    People are scumbags for not playing the game it was intended? I'm not saying it was justified, but you're way over exaggerating it. Let's look at the Merriam-Webster definition of scumbag:


    : a dirty or despicable person

    Seriously? You detest people to such a regard that you think they are despicable people for leveling up there toons fast and taking advantage of a bug? Once again, I think they should've been banned but calling them scum bags is way too far. And it does have to do with logic and reasoning, because a truly logical person should also be able to have at least some kind of empathy, and you clearly lack that. You take this game way too seriously if you truly think they are scumbags.
    If you're going to try and bring dictionaries into this you should know empathy is an emotion, literally in an entire different spectrum from logic.

    And yes, I don't care for anyone in any aspect of life who feels like they need to cheat to get ahead. It isn't limited to the game, it's more about having a moral compass.

    But I really don't care either way. Regardless, people are going to get banned, the same people are going to overstate how 'Blizzard looks bad' yatta yatta, and everyone's going to forget about this in a month's time like it's another one of Trump's scandals.

  17. #497
    Pandaren Monk Intropid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Murica.
    Posts
    1,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    If you're going to try and bring dictionaries into this you should know empathy is an emotion, literally in an entire different spectrum from logic.

    And yes, I don't care for anyone in any aspect of life who feels like they need to cheat to get ahead. It isn't limited to the game, it's more about having a moral compass.

    But I really don't care either way. Regardless, people are going to get banned, the same people are going to overstate how 'Blizzard looks bad' yatta yatta, and everyone's going to forget about this in a month's time like it's another one of Trump's scandals.
    You are completely over simplifying a complicated philosophical and psychological question. For as smart as you think you are, I'd suggest you look more into how empathy impacts logic. It's pretty interesting. I would say not drawing a line between what happens in a virtual world, and the actual world, and comparing the two equally is beyond insane. I suppose the closest real life equivalent to exploiting would be either fraud or theft. These are crimes that effect actual people and can easily ruin lives. Those people are scumbags. You're comparing those people who chose to get an experience boost in a virtual online world about killing dragons. Once again, they deserve there bans, but does people having a few more toons ACTUALLY impact you as a player? It seems pretty harmless to me, and once again you're trying to argue that they are scumbags.



  18. #498
    I got 7 days and I'd do it again. My time is far too valuable and the cost of a boost is next to nothing. If I would've had the option to boost to 120 I would've already done it, instead I used the XP potion exploit.

  19. #499
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Cheating is cheating, and business is business... you seem to have confused the two.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Anyone that did it knew, If you or they say they didn't know then its a lie. Just like its a lie to blame your brother for what you did when your account gets banned for stalking.
    Boosting is boosting. Blizzard seems to have confused themselves which isn't surprising.

  20. #500
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Metachronopolis
    Posts
    27,634
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Boosting is boosting. Blizzard seems to have confused themselves which isn't surprising.
    You're being disingenuous. One is cheating. The other is sanctioned and has a cost. Blizzard gets to set the rules of their game. No one here is confused.
    To contact global moderators with moderation issues please PM any of the following:
    Tziva ■ Radux ■ Simca ■ Elysia ■ Zaelsino ■ xskarma ■ Arlee ■ Venara
    Issues specific to WoW General Discussions/BfA/Classic can be sent to any forum moderator or globals.
    Please report problem posts. Site rules can be found here.

    To paraphrase Mark Twain: "Nothing so needs reforming as other people's opinions."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •