Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    So I say people who abused the bug should be banned, and you say to stop parroting something and that exploits are bannable. Seriously? Do you even read posts before you start spouting gibberish?
    Did you read my first post before you rage for no reason

Players identified the bug, knew numbers were wayyyy off, decided to keep on doing it, got banned/suspended. So everything normal here, what am i missing?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If a bug was not abused then how did they get excessive amounts of XP in small period of time?
    Relative to what: buying a boost? Using one of the 300% xp potions? Instant respawn farming?

There's nothing particulary exceptional about the speed of levelling using the split'n'stack trick. You just want it to be cheating somehow so you can validate your reflexive sycophancy towards arbitrary authority.

Cheaters will cheat, I hope they do a roll back its not like people didnt know what they where doing. They just thought they would get away with it and have it easier then everyone else.

Do you know that if you win you can have your costs paid for?
    OK I can't argue with any one this clueless, you obviously don't know the huge amount of impracticality involved in taking a billion dollar corporation to court. The idea is utterly absurd for about a dozen different reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Cheaters will cheat, I hope they do a roll back its not like people didnt know what they where doing. They just thought they would get away with it and have it easier then everyone else.
    So cheating=playing the game better than you and you being sore for missing out.

- - - Updated - - -

Anything is fine if Blizzard says it is versus exploiting bugs because Blizzard says it isn't okay. It doesn't matter if the results are the same. .
    We are not living in a corporate dictatorship. Blizzard is not some kind of absolute monarch.

Quote Originally Posted by frayed tauren View Post
    OK I can't argue with any one this clueless, you obviously don't know the huge amount of impracticality involved in taking a billion dollar corporation. The idea is utterly absurd for about a dozen different reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

So cheating=playing the game better than you and you being sore for missing out.
    You know what cheating is, you just thought you either wouldnt get caught or that the punishment would be worth it. If i knew about the exploit I would have calculated the risk vs reward and decided if i also wanted to cheat. For me the choice in this case would have been easy, i wouldnt had. But for some cheats I might have thought its worth the risk. Is it about missing out, na some people just have a stronger sense of that they like things to be fair. When a game starts to have to much cheats and bots nice people starts to play other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    I didn't get banned, I'm not even subscribed. But considering the insane amount of people trying to contact Blizzard to get some sort of clarification you'd think that Lore could take 2 minutes to write a tweet about it instead of saying nothing for two days straight and THEN putting out a tweet heckling everyone who got banned.
    Silence is an answer in and of itself, because it's not a yes. If you ask for permission to do something sketchy and don't hear anything, why would you assume it's OK? Do people really think Blizzard doesn't care that there's a potential exploit in their game? They clearly do, and always have (they just don't react how people want them to react), they haven't announced every single bug they've ever banned people for, and never will. Why would you simply not have patience? Would it have been that horrible to wait a few days? People exploited because they knew it was going to get fixed and that Blizzard would punish people pretty lightly, because perma bans are hard to earn, and there was a chance they wouldn't roll back.

Blue posts also spread further, faster, and would have caused even more people to exploit the bug for the reasons above. Blizzard knows this. I didn't hear about the bug till after the fix because I don't use twitter, but a Blue post would have been easy to see, and disabling the potion until a hotfix because of shit players would have punished people who were using it normally in addition to the exploiters, and that's shitty, and also takes more work, and time. Yes yes, I'm sure you'll say a hotfix takes two seconds blah blah armchair developer ect. ect. We have no idea the process behind this stuff, we can't make claims like this because we can't actually back it up.

At the end of the day, if it's sketchy and even Streamers who basically live in this game as a job are unsure if it's allowed, it's probably not, and you shouldn't risk it. That should have been a huge red flag to everyone, but they went ahead and did it anyways. Hopefully some people learned their lesson.

OR you know they could just fix their fuck up and move on, let the people that were smart enough to exploit the issue keep whatever they earned and move on. I never see bugs as a banable offense, it's not the players responsibility to fix the product they pay for. This would be like me buying a car and the dealership accidentally gave me the V8 option instead of the V6 option I paid for and then calling me back a week later and saying hey we screwed up bring the car back and pay us the difference for it. At the end of the day Blizzards ineptitude does not constitute an emergency on my part.

There is no 'drama' just some kids who are mad they got caught cheating. Move on.

These people deserved it. And I'd feel SO STUPID after being banned for exploiting an XP bug on a stupid alt... Shame, shame !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    OR you know they could just fix their fuck up and move on, let the people that were smart enough to exploit the issue keep whatever they earned and move on. I never see bugs as a banable offense, it's not the players responsibility to fix the product they pay for. This would be like me buying a car and the dealership accidentally gave me the V8 option instead of the V6 option I paid for and then calling me back a week later and saying hey we screwed up bring the car back and pay us the difference for it. At the end of the day Blizzards ineptitude does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    Even if you pay for something, you still have to respect the EULA. Even if you pay for a car, you can't drive at 150 km/h. I totally support these bans.

How exploiting a bug you read about on social media is being "smart" ? There is no retro engineering involved at all
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-03-27 at 03:46 PM.

Well, when the chief of community managers is a freaking dog you can't expect good communication, waving tail and nearly pissing himself whenever his master Ion says something is his best. Communication has been pretty much dead in this game for years.

The worst thing that happened in this case is that they didn't roll back the gains... I'd trade a few weeks of ban for few leveled up characters. If only I was an abusive piece of shit that is.

Quote Originally Posted by frayed tauren View Post
    You win this year's hyperbolic Orwellian language award for describing the playing of a video game in a way that people find more enjoyable as "abuse", a term redolent of paedophiles and wife-beaters.

Nothing was "abused" here - people had fun people playing a video game they paid for and were banned by a billion dollar corporation that can't code its own game properly and blames the players for it, egged on by nauseating corporate moralists like you.
    You are banned but I'm still gonna respond to your bs.

You are so beyond delusional (probably because you did get banned) that you claim that if a tech company has some kind of bug and then I find out about it and exploit it IT IS OKAY BECAUSE THEY HAD THE BUG AND IT COULDN'T BE IN ANY WAY ILLEGAL. What?

So if I somehow manage to breach your bank's security by using some 'genius way' to transfer all your and other people's credits to me IT'S OKAY CUZ THE BANK ALLOWED IT BY HAVING A BAD SYSTEM. Or breach Google and sell information I extract. It's all good, right?

Man, grow up already. Exploiting a bug in ANY online multiplayer will get you banned. Or at least decent ones that care about it. It's not science.
    The game is not yours.
    Many people said this already, the ToS says this, you only get access, you don't own anything legally. Blizzard can take away anything for whatever reason. And they do just that when you exploit their system.

- - - Updated - - -

When you buy a car it's yours. You're the owner.
    When you pay your WoW sub you don't own anything. You gain access. Or do you think Netflix is yours too?

But let's assume your car = WoW subscription.
    Even when you buy a car you MUST comply and accept the traffic regulations: no speeding, no going against traffic, no going against traffic lights/signs etc.
    You can't just drive around carelessly not following the set rules just because it's your car.
    This is your WoW sub. You can't go against the rules when you play. Or you get your license taken away. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    You are banned but I'm still gonna respond to your bs.

You are so beyond delusional (probably because you did get banned) that you claim that if a tech company has some kind of bug and then I find out about it and exploit it IT IS OKAY BECAUSE THEY HAD THE BUG AND IT COULDN'T BE IN ANY WAY ILLEGAL. What?

So if I somehow manage to breach your bank's security by using some 'genius way' to transfer all your and other people's credits to me IT'S OKAY CUZ THE BANK ALLOWED IT BY HAVING A BAD SYSTEM. Or breach Google and sell information I extract. It's all good, right?

Man, grow up already. Exploiting a bug in ANY online multiplayer will get you banned. Or at least decent ones that care about it. It's not science.
    The game is not yours.
    Many people said this already, the ToS says this, you only get access, you don't own anything legally. Blizzard can take away anything for whatever reason. And they do just that when you exploit their system.

- - - Updated - - -

When you buy a car it's yours. You're the owner.
    When you pay your WoW sub you don't own anything. You gain access. Or do you think Netflix is yours too?

But let's assume your car = WoW subscription.
    Even when you buy a car you MUST comply and accept the traffic regulations: no speeding, no going against traffic, no going against traffic lights/signs etc.
    You can't just drive around carelessly not following the set rules just because it's your car.
    This is your WoW sub. You can't go against the rules when you play. Or you get your license taken away. Period.
    The thing is my License I actually give 2 shits about. But my WOW sub on the other hand I could care less weather or not I get banned or not so I basically do whatever I want until I can't.

The thing is my License I actually give 2 shits about. But my WOW sub on the other hand I could care less weather or not I get banned or not so I basically do whatever I want until I can't.
    So then you got what you bargained for. Stop complaining.

People wouldn't have abused this bug if Blizzard didn't make leveling fucking awful to try to sell race changes for allied races. And Blizzard probably wouldn't have banned people either if they didn't make leveling fucking awful to try to sell race changes for allied races.

OR you know they could just fix their fuck up and move on, let the people that were smart enough to exploit the issue keep whatever they earned and move on. I never see bugs as a banable offense, it's not the players responsibility to fix the product they pay for.
    No. But Blizzard do. No one is seriously telling players to fix the product. That is stupid. Blizzard is telling people not to exploit any bugs they have found.

This would be like me buying a car and the dealership accidentally gave me the V8 option instead of the V6 option I paid for and then calling me back a week later and saying hey we screwed up bring the car back and pay us the difference for it.
    Your comparison does not make sense. I fail to see the correlation. Did Blizzard makes those cheaters, yes, you can call them smart, I call them cheats, pay a different or invoiced them for additional charge?

If I use your example, the dealer can and will call you to return the car. Are you going to tell them no?

At the end of the day Blizzards ineptitude does not constitute an emergency on my part.
    So just move on. Nothing to see here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    People wouldn't have abused this bug if Blizzard didn't make leveling fucking awful to try to sell race changes for allied races. And Blizzard probably wouldn't have banned people either if they didn't make leveling fucking awful to try to sell race changes for allied races.
    They haven't changed leveling since before Allied races. They also have systems in place, heritage armor, that encourages not race changing or boosting your allied race. Leveling isn't awful. It could use some work but it isn't really that bad. I just leveled a dark iron dwarf monk to 110 with 1 day 9 hours of /played. The monk xp buff is something that other classes don't have access to but it certainly helps. And is a small thing that could be expanded to other classes. But it is far from awful and far from encouraging race changes.

People would have still abused the bug. Because that is what people do. Its why these rules exist in the first place.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

They haven't changed leveling since before Allied races. They also have systems in place, heritage armor, that encourages not race changing or boosting your allied race. Leveling isn't awful. It could use some work but it isn't really that bad. I just leveled a dark iron dwarf monk to 110 with 1 day 9 hours of /played. The monk xp buff is something that other classes don't have access to but it certainly helps. And is a small thing that could be expanded to other classes. But it is far from awful and far from encouraging race changes.

People would have still abused the bug. Because that is what people do. Its why these rules exist in the first place.
    They changed leveling in 7.3.5 in preparation for Allied Races coming a few months later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    They changed leveling in 7.3.5 in preparation for Allied Races coming a few months later.
    So scaling tech is designed at selling race changes? Scaling tech makes the process of leveling far easier and gives some variety (at least for 1-60). There wasn't really a big change to leveling besides the scaling.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So scaling tech is designed at selling race changes? Scaling tech makes the process of leveling far easier and gives some variety (at least for 1-60). There wasn't really a big change to leveling besides the scaling.
    Easier? No, leveling takes much longer post 7.3.5.