Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Actually no it wouldn’t. In ffxiv when a leveling exploit was found the devs outright said our bad and that nobody would be banned for it..though they did ask people not to use it. Some devs communicate and owe up to there mistakes
    Oh yeah I remember that.

Yeah FF14 is a lot better at communicating this kind of stuff imo. Devs will actually own up and say it's their mistake and rather than outright banning will at least give most players a chance before taking action.

Blizzard could learn a lot from FF14 imo on how to properly interact with their community. And how to make a game for the players rather than shareholders.

person unexpectedly finds an exploit
    mentions to blizzard that there is exploit
    blizz doesn't immediately respond
    continues to use exploit because blizz hasn't said anything
    gets banned for said exploit
    "why did I get banned?"

it's darwinism at work. you know the stove is hot but you touch it anyways.

blizz has always been lenient on the "oh you accidentally benefited from an unexpected exploit once. you're fine" but when you "accidentally" use the exploit 5, 10, 100 times....c'mon

Quote Originally Posted by FeedsOnDevTears View Post
    I can use a combination of speed, jumps, and engineering to cross WSG or TP with the flag in a tiny fraction of the time it normally takes to run. Mages in classic could use the right setup of procs and cooldowns to one-shot people. People have been soloing max-level content with clever play for the length of the game. Twinks can chain stunlock to disgusting levels with the right combo of items and characters.

If you can make the game do it without actually hacking anything, and Blizzard hasn't said anything, banning people is utterly uncalled for. Blizz is just effing lazy, and bad at their jobs.
    Did you post this and not realize the flaw in your arguement? Jumping, speed pots/boosts, and engineering are all allowed in BGs. That’s clever use of game mechanics. Now, if you said you found a specific combination of jumping off of ledge A while spamming your jump button while doing a pourette in the air allowed you to use your engi speed enchant while holding the flag, then that would be an exploit.
    Mages one shifting people with procs and potion usage also wasn’t an exploit, it was just showing how OP they were in that given situation.
    You stated yourself “clever use of gameplay.” The closest any published current boss tha was killed that comes close to an exploit was Warlocks being able to solo Immerseus, but even that was not an exploit. It was using the bosses abilities and range of abilities against it. Probably lead to one of the reasons we have boss 1 shot mechanics having 100+ yard ranges as well as walls going up now on certain encounters where the arena would be too big.

People knew it was a bug/exploit. If there was no doubt it wasn’t, people wouldn’t be asking for permission to do it. If there’s ever anything in the game you aren’t sure about, put in a ticket and wait for a response. It’s the equivalent of jumping behind the counter at McDonalds to make your own food and then complaining you got kicked out or arrested. What’s your defense going to be? “They didn’t post anywhere I couldn’t do it and corporate hasn’t returned my call yet.”

perrson steals a bank
    gets caught
    its their fault for letting me steal it

I find it hilarious that there are this many people in this thread excusing Blizzards lack of communication on pretty much anything these days. Something as simple as "If it looks and acts like an exploit don't use it because you might be banned." But, no, Papa Blizzard's honor is being impugned upon and we can't have that. No siree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    But but but but! This other guy did a bad thing that makes the bad thing I did ok!

Nobody cares about this weak deflection.
    I'm not even subbed so no I didn't do anything. The cauldron bug is demonstrably a much worse bug that actually effected other players. Getting to max level quicker doesn't effect other players. 100s of millions worth of pots and flasks being spewed out for free has a massive effect on server economies. If anything more people at max level increase demands and makes economies healthier the exact opposite of the cauldron issue.

The entire point is they are inconsistent and aren't punishing people for an exploit that has a major negative effect on the economy that was massively abused.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it was extremly effective - especially 31 days and blacklists on accounts that stremers got.

you hsould see Preach graweling like a little bug just so blizzard forgives him .

all chars should be absolutely rolled back so that people feel the consequences and stop with nonsense of "exploit early exploit fast"
    Sure if they ban all the cauldron abusers and roll back their inventories and gold. I find that very unlikely to happen though as long as they are inconsistent the overriding best play is to exploit early and often because you can literally make millions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The XP potion drama is actually a byproduct of the majority of Blizzard's customers being irresponsible man-children.
    Or leveling being a god awful bore and 99% of the stuff that matters only being doable at max but sure we can go with your stupid explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Blizzards ability to communicate, or lack thereof, is largely irrelevant and only being brought up here cuz little boys can't own up to their own dumb decisions.

It don't take no rocket scientist to deduce that maaaaaybe unstacking and applying exp pots in excess of 700% is not intended.

Do I agree with the ban? I woulda prolly just did some roll backs for extreme cases and carried on if I were blizzard, but that doesn't excuse the scummy decision making by the players who did this.

And no, you don't get to hide behind, "but blizzard didn't say it was wrong!". You wouldn't let your child use that excuse so why should you be able to? Ignorance of the rules is no excuse to break them not like that logic is unique or anything in the real world
    Okay where are the Bans for people who abused the shit out of Cauldrons? One exploit just allowed faster leveling. The other "bug" tanked economies and made a decent few people a LOT of gold.

im not surprised that people got banned.
    but i do agree that blizz shouldve been better at communicating.
    alot of bans couldve been prevented.
    i bet many got convinced that it was "ok", or at least not an exploit severe enough to cause a ban. when many popular streamers were doing it openly and in good faith.
    wouldnt have taken blizz much effort to poke one of the many streamers, "hey mate, stop that please". or posting a tweet,
    no bans and no drama, some roll backs wouldve been needed tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Intropid View Post
    It's easy to point fingers at players for abusing a system that they think may or may not be working as intended. It's absolutely insane that Blizzard didn't respond and hasn't responded. Days before the bans came in, people were bombarding Blizzard with tweets telling them of the bug, and if they were allowed to do it or not. They were met with complete silence as they watched streamers for hours, and hours use this exact same bug and Blizzard still chose to be silent on the matter. It seems as though the team is preferring inaction rather than action. I believe most of the bans could've been avoided if the team was more communicative.

Ignorance of the law does not make one above or immune to the law.

Do the crime, do the time son.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Ignorance of the law does not make one above or immune to the law.

Do the crime, do the time son.
    Oh yeah because exploiting a game is the equivalent of commuting a crime that can essentially ruin your life in the real world....

You people acting as if ActiBlizz can do no wrong never cease to amaze me with your hyperbole.

Some guy named Darwin just walked by...shook his head, shrugged his shoulders, and kept walking.....and those that did not take his lead...are now banned.

This reminds me the time ensidia exploited the saronite bomb and people were defending them.

Quote Originally Posted by Intropid View Post
    [FONT="]It's easy to point fingers at players for abusing a system that they think may or may not be working as intended. It's absolutely insane that Blizzard didn't respond and hasn't responded. Days before the bans came in, people were bombarding Blizzard with tweets telling them of the bug, and if they were allowed to do it or not. They were met with complete silence as they watched streamers for hours, and hours use this exact same bug and Blizzard still chose to be silent on the matter. It seems as though the team is preferring inaction rather than action. I believe most of the bans could've been avoided if the team was more communicative.[/FONT]
    License Limitations. Blizzard may suspend or revoke your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

Cheating: Create, use, offer, promote, advertise, make available and/or distribute the following or assist therein:

cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh yeah because exploiting a game is the equivalent of commuting a crime that can essentially ruin your life in the real world....

You people acting as if ActiBlizz can do no wrong never cease to amaze me with your hyperbole.
    And you people who act as if players can do no wrong never cease to amaze me.

Blizzard does some stupid shit. Players also do stupid shit (i know that might come as a shocker to you, but its true nonetheless). This is a case of players doing obviously stupid shit and then crying because they got punished for breaking the EULA.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    The potion has no bufftimer at all for like 3 months now. Not the players fault if you accidentally stack them.
    Of course this was a known bug too and they did it on purpose but blizzard is partly to blame here.
    Accidentally stacking it once, maybe twice... okay. But not to the extent that people manually seperated the potions in their backpacks to enable this exploit, when you become aware of a bug then report it and don't use it. That's what makes an exploit, using a known bug for any sort of advantage or bonus.

"I didn't realize..." stop! You 100% knew what you were doing when you leveled 4-5 times faster (and more) than normal.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

I didn't say it, but just like in most things, when you play wow, you agree to "laws", break them and be punished.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Ya but that's just expecting too much out of people. The age of personal responsibility is dead sadly.
    Thank you. Glad to know that some people can see reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    If thats what makes you feel better I suppose. The community at its best. The people that did it certainly deserve their punishment and most of them agree as well. An important fact to not let escape the conversation because I can tell you must be getting some pleasure from their suspensions. I just rather steps be taken to prevent things as much as possible and, no, I don't think they placed a bug in the game on purpose to catch people. Just a pretty silly and likely trolly comment that swung and missed.
    Nice... calling people with a different opinion "trolly". Totally the attitude of someone's viewpoint worth any merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Nice... calling people with a different opinion "trolly". Totally the attitude of someone's viewpoint worth any merit.
    Nice, someone didn't follow the conversation and commented without the full picture. Don't worry.. I know you did.. and you were right.. because.. well you..

Cheers mate.. cheers

Video games should never ban for anything short of actual hacking. Intercepting data with third party software, botting, man in the middle attacks, etc, etc. If they don't like what you said on trade chat, then they should have provided tools for those who don't want to hear it to avoid it (blocking, language filters, etc). If you're griefing then the system should have been designed to avoid that (allow multiple tags, etc). If there's an exploit, then they should fix the problem. The fact that they decided to go radio silent as people ask "Hey is this allowed?" is abhorrent and I cannot understand how anyone justifies it.

Edit: The common sense argument really doesn't make much sense when you consider that power leveling through those world side quests and going through 5 levels in draenor in under 20 minutes wasn't an bannable exploit. "You had to do a workaround so it's clear it's not intended" except, I also need a workaround to get voice chat to work. Why would someone have any reason to think this is different?
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2019-03-24 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsutomai View Post
    I find it hilarious that there are this many people in this thread excusing Blizzards lack of communication on pretty much anything these days. Something as simple as "If it looks and acts like an exploit don't use it because you might be banned." But, no, Papa Blizzard's honor is being impugned upon and we can't have that. No siree.
    Syas the one making excuses for players using a known exploit and then whining that those players got banned. They knew it was an exploit becuse they had to separate the pots one by one. They rightly got banned. What is hilarious is you blindly defending players breaking the TOS.,