Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nah it's a byproduct of people trying to cheat and being unable to deal with the consequences,like every other exploit before

10+ Year Old Account
    yes because bans have only started happening now... I swear people that bitch about Blizzard most of the time just discovered them yesterday. Did people forget the Saronite Bomb incident?

People need to at least be smart to think before acting when it comes to these things. I have no sympathy for people who get banned. I been playing WoW since 2005 and haven't been banned once. Because I like to think I have a brain between my ears.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    /shrug.

I'm just relaying the facts. If you don't want to believe them then that's your decision and right to.
    do you work for Blizzard? Is that how you know that what was said is facts?

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    As there is no way prove that is not working as intended. No external tool was used and it wasnt even complicated.
    The fact that they didn't stack when you drink a stack of potions gave this away. Hence the exploit was 'opt in'.

You can't even do this on accident. Every time you bought the potion it adds another one to the stack. You had to go out of your way to unstack them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    No rollback according to Reddit. Everyone there who got the 2 day ban seems to be saying "worth it" and all that, especially with it being timed over a weekend

Did a search of the thread, so going to notify the folks that posted about rollbacks on both sides of the debate @Sansnom @Yunaqt @kamuimac @Intropid @Tumile @Queen of Hamsters @Schizoide @Morae Just figured you guys would want to know.

(i think they should have done a rollback to give my two cents)
    Good to know, thanks for bringing it to attention!

Guess Blizzard didn't have the full-grown balls, just the little ones, equipped for this occasion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Your "factually" incorrect there as you make a statement of fact for "signs" which are not fact in any way ... there err signs, ie a guess or possibility, you have no actual facts you can use to prove with facts that what your suggesting is correct.

And given Blizz no longer release sub numbers ... your pretty much grasping at thin air.
    Don't bother, he's desperate.

Of course he's got no facts or figures to back him up. Weird for someone previously so concerned with being the voice of reason, but I guess ex-partner syndrome radicalizes people.

they will ban people and they will keep the xp...

worth it if you ask me , would have exploited the shit out of it , IF i was still playing / leveling .

Blizzard is shit at banning exploiters . it was never any different

As long as you dont install anything? exploit the fuck out of it you will never get a perma ban

worst case? temp ban.

I mean even the guys who botted archealogy back when it was new only got a temp ban , i remember the guild we used to fight with in the rankings all got banned for a few months
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2019-03-25 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    they will ban people and they will keep the xp...

worth it if you ask me , would have exploited the shit out of it , IF i was still playing / leveling .

Blizzard is shit at banning exploiters . it was never any different

As long as you dont install anything? exploit the fuck out of it you will never get a perma ban
    Getting bans to your account on numerous occasions may lead to permaban/harsher bans down the line, as well as inability to partake in various promotions.

Just a warning.

The forums where players tend to find these exploits out/create other cheats have new players on a daily basis appealing for help to undo a permaban.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-03-25 at 01:48 AM.

Unstacking is nothing like "opt-in". It is a valid gamę mechanic.

Remember the burden of proof is on blizz.
    And how do You legally prove that was exploit?
    How would You prove in court what is "working as intended".

15+ Year Old Account
    Unstacking is nothing like "opt-in". It is a valid gamę mechanic. Remember the burden of proof is on blizz. And how do You legally prove that was exploit? How would You prove in court what is "working as intended".
    There is no burden of proof on Blizzard. They have the right to terminate access to the product. At least read and understand the contracts you agreed. It is also not a valid game mechanic that single stacks of items allow you to a buff that can not be stacked while the items are stacked. You are wrong all the way.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Except it is not harmless

getting free max level chartecters effects a few things

the Boe market for leveling
    the enchanting market for leveling
    the leveling experiance for others, as remember with this many stacked potions people were able to 1 shot most mobs in dungeons
    crafted legion legendary sales, as many people do buy the crafted ones liek the leather boots, as they make 100-116 SUPER fast
    Compared to millions of gold worth of flask and pots it does jot effect the economy I'm guess you abused the cauldrons if you think it wasn't a much bigger deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The point is that they should have publicly acknowledged that this was an exploit. Yes, it was obvious, but it covers their assets to a degree.
    This is ridiculous. Them, "acknowledging" it would result in more people using it, and this whole "blizzard is also to blame, because they didn't said that this is a bannable exploit" is stupid, and sounds like an excuse to "hey, everybody is doing it, so i guess i'll do it too!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Compared to millions of gold worth of flask and pots it does jot effect the economy I'm guess you abused the cauldrons if you think it wasn't a much bigger deal.
    and those people are sure to be banned once blizz gets to it, i have heard some being banned but few people exploited it compared to this

So unstacking items is now exploit?
    Honestly? 100% developers fault.
    If they would be sued over such ban they would loose.

As there is no way prove that is not working as intended. No external tool was used and it wasnt even complicated.

Blizz shoud Just rollback those toons and fix the bug. Admit to mistake. Pride is going to be their downfall
    If the potions only work when separated from a stack and not when stacked, which is behavior that is different from all other stackable potions and consumables in the game, then that is quite obviously a bug.

The fact that you think they would lose in civil court over this is also laughable given it is quite obviously a bug and the terms of service is pretty clear regarding what Blizzard can and can't do with a characters account that has done something they deem as cheating/exploiting a known bug. Also, as another poster pointed out, as the person bringing the complaint the burden of proof lies on you proving your case (ie: establishing that there was reasonable doubt that the behavior was a intended and not a bug), while Blizzard would merely have to offer sufficient evidence to cast doubt on your claim or show that the claim is unfounded which in a civil case such as this would be fairly easy to prove.
    Last edited by Brubear; 2019-03-25 at 02:25 AM.

First of all. Different behaviour =/= bug.
    You are not the developer so You cannot say what is bug and what is working as intended.

Points like: Blizz can terminate Service based on their whims.
    Can be easily invalidated. This is why unbaning Services actually works.

there is nothing obvious unless written clearly in terms of service

lol @ the people trying to justify what they did, even preach whined like a bitch in his video, "OH I WAS IN THE WRONG I WANT TO BE MADE AN EXAMPLE OF...BUT..."

NO, fuck off with your 'BUT..', glad he got banned or is getting banned from blizz events

Everyone who got a ban/suspension who is trying to shift some blame to blizzard which from what I can tell is most of the people, good riddance
    Last edited by peki; 2019-03-25 at 02:55 AM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's no 'drama', a bunch of cheaters abused an exploit to get something and got banned. Permabanning them might have been a bit much but they didn't do that so whatever. It's no different from justifying bots, hacks and other shit that I know you scrubbadubs love using because you think there's no consequence.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Only Blizzard would ban people finding new ways to instantly boost their levels, ban them, then continue to sell instant levels in their store.
    Cheating is cheating, and business is business... you seem to have confused the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    It's the fact that Blizzard knew about this for days, and didn't do anything about It making people like Preach and others assuming It's Intended at that point. Adding ontop of that the fact that leveling has been BORING AS NAILS for 10+ years now. I'm doing the Final Fantasy 14 Trial period, free leveling until 35 and I've never had more fun leveling In an MMO so far In the 2-3 hours I've spent there becoming level 11 now.

It's Blizzard's own fault, you're right. They should've communicated this to us right away, told us "Hey this Is a bug, completely unintended please do not abuse this It might be a banablle offense" that's all they had to do.

But, since their playerbase Is very likely small, they didn't mind the free sub bumps that that would've Inspired, seeing other group members spamming dungeons, seeing that potion used and be like "How can I do that? Is leveling so easy? I should sub!" don't put that beyond Blizzard, they're a scummy company at this point having lost what they used to be, and even then they used to be scummy we just didn't see It as we were blinded fanboys that let them do anything to us, well not anymore.

I agree with you here, they should've done something about It right away and It just shows how nobody from their side communicates, while we are CLEARLY communicating since day one about this Issue. But CMs like Lore didn't even bother tweeting out at least the fact that they're aware and we shouldn't do It. Or the multitude of other CMs, at least the ones that didn't get sacked I mean...
    Anyone that did it knew, If you or they say they didn't know then its a lie. Just like its a lie to blame your brother for what you did when your account gets banned for stalking.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    there is nothing obvious unless written clearly in terms of service
    It is clearly written in the terms of service that Blizzard can ban you for an exploit. There is nothing clearly written saying they are required to inform you of any and all exploits prior to taking action. There are no unban services that work for WoW. Different behavior then all other potions is a clear indication of a bug. Gaining a massive experience buff is a clear indication that something is wrong.

The question is why are you trying so hard to defend exploiters and hate blizzard.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

There is no "but" since this was not exploit. Just a clever way of using mechanic. Period.

Unless someone will find suitable explanation in TOS. And from what i know having multiple buffs is not in there

PS. Never used that potion, had all toons @120 before that potion even existed.
    PS 2.
    Unban services does work for wow. I know of few cases.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2019-03-25 at 03:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no "but" since this was not exploit. Just a clever way of using mechanic. Period.
    Which is an exploit. The terms of service does not need to specifically list each exploit in order for you to violate the terms of service. I honestly don't get how you can't understand that. Do you also think you can get away with any crime in real life as long as the laws don't specifically say the exact way you do that crime is illegal?