Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You got it the other way around. In real life You have to prove that someone broke the rules. And You have rules written very clearly.
    You wont go to jail for something that cant be considered as crime.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    There is no "but" since this was not exploit. Just a clever way of using mechanic. Period.

Unless someone will find suitable explanation in TOS. And from what i know having multiple buffs is not in there

PS. Never used that potion, had all toons @120 before that potion even existed.
    PS 2.
    Unban services does work for wow. I know of few cases.
    It's clearly stated in the TOS that you didn't read that Blizzard can choose to ban your account at anytime for any reason they want.

Tbh, you're kind of setting a record for how many times a person can be wrong a single thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Getting bans to your account on numerous occasions may lead to permaban/harsher bans down the line, as well as inability to partake in various promotions.

Just a warning.

The forums where players tend to find these exploits out/create other cheats have new players on a daily basis appealing for help to undo a permaban.

and ? i heard of people sending blizzard email to say : sorry i was botting i was a kid "lol 1 year ago" and they got unbanned... its like you just need to say sorry to get unbanned.. yeah no fuck blizzards banning policy

First of all. Different behaviour =/= bug.
    You are not the developer so You cannot say what is bug and what is working as intended.

Points like: Blizz can terminate Service based on their whims.
    Can be easily invalidated. This is why unbaning Services actually works.

there is nothing obvious unless written clearly in terms of service
    The developer can, and they did. With that aside, if something is a game is behaving in a way that is completely different from all things similar to it, especially when said behavior is already a little fishy (because it only stacking when you consume individual potions that aren't stacked but not when they're stacked TOTALLY seems like something they'd do intentionally) and unlike any other behavior we've seen in the game, it's usually a safe bet to assume it is a bug and wait until there is official word before doing it intentionally.

The ToS doesn't say they can terminate on a whim, but nice attempt to try and obfuscate what the ToS says about exploitative behavior. This holds especially true given how Blizzard has a history of coming down hard on people who have done similar things in the past. If it's not behaving in a way that is normal for other like items/activities in the game, it's usually a safe bet to play it safe rather than going ham and doing it excessively because "differen't behavior != bug, guys". That argument always works so well in peoples favor (see: AP bug, saronite bombs, bloodstone exploits in d3, etc).

Bottom line is the same it's always been, and why I always get a kick out of people trying to defend those who find something that seems like a bug and, rather than reporting it and moving on, do it repeatedly under the guise of "well I didn't KNOW if it was a bug or not" only to get banned. If it seems like it might be a bug, don't do it. Worst-case scenario is Blizzard later states it's working as intended and you can then carry on doing it until your heart's content (oh no: you might not have as many people leveled as others if you'd waited), but the worst-case is obviously you get banned. This is how it's always worked, and if you don't want to risk getting banned then be smart about it and don't repeatedly do something that seems like it might be a bug.

- - - Updated - - -

You got it the other way around. In real life You have to prove that someone broke the rules. And You have rules written very clearly.
    You wont go to jail for something that cant be considered as crime.
    In real life if an organization has rules of use that you agree to and you repeatedly do something over and over that is a violation of those rules, then they have every legal right to kick you out and bar you from using their thing (space/item/service) unless the terms of use explicitly does something that is illegal (ie: they use a metric that they're not legally allowed to or don't consider a certain law).

Also, since it's a civil matter in the US (which Blizzard is a US company so US law is what would apply) they only need a preponderance of evidence (ie: the standard is met if the proposition is more likely to be true than not true and is satisfied if there is a greater than 50% chance it is true), which given their prior stance on bugs, the normal behavior for potions in the game, and the way a player would have to go out of their way in order for the potion to stack, would be pretty easy to meet in a court of law.

So yes, they wouldn't go to jail over this (since it's a civil matter, not a criminal matter), Blizzard would have close to a slam-dunk case against someone who abused this behavior (ie: did it repeatedly) but tried to sue them.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Whataboutism is never a strong defense lol
    Nor is hypocrisy a good look.

I'm a bit surprised this thread hasn't already taken a turn towards people coming in here and gloating that there was no rollback performed, as people on reddit are already saying "worth it" and all that. Those 2 day people don't seem to mind at all. 7s might be a bit more on the fence depending on how it affects their guilds BoD progression

The lack of a rollback is certainly puzzling, and the random ban lengths.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2019-03-25 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and those people are sure to be banned once blizz gets to it, i have heard some being banned but few people exploited it compared to this
    Wrong, a ton of people exploited the cauldron thing a lot of guild even boosted an alchemist on a separate account just so they weren't risking their main accounts because they literally got enough flasks and pots for the entire expac from it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So the fact that the only way this worked was to separate the potions into stacks of one. If you don't think that's a clear exploit then please keep playing the game. I will laugh when you post your own thread crying about how you got banned.
    Nah, I am not one that does exploits, also not among those that cries about stuff..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    True but when you have hundreds of players legit ASKING them if its a bug or not and not hearing an answer for DAYS, it sends out the message that it's irrelevant and Blizz doesn't care.

Blizz is equally at fault here for this. Period.

Grossly incompetent management of the issue, turning an anthill into a mountain.

I don't feel bad for exploiters and never will, but it's just Blizzard should've done something long before they did. Something as easy as disabling the potions for a few days.
    There is no equal fault here, the fault is solely on those that exploited. If Blizzard did anything wrong here it was in not permabanning those accounts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    That’s actually my point tho my man... is that Blizz was made aware of it for days. They could’ve handled it better, faster, and without so many casualties that most only occurred because Blizz kept their head in the sand.

If you were made aware of an exploit in your MUD, that was probably a 1/10 in terms of emergency to your game, would you just ignore it for days even when point blank asked a hundred times? And then go on twitter to mock those you banned (lore)

Of course not! That’s my entire point. They were made aware of it and had every necessary tool and manpower needed to fix it within minutes or at least warn people “hey I’m aware of it don’t abuse it or be banned”
    'head in the sand' you say? Talking out of your ass doesn't bolster your position, not in the least, so stop, its unbecoming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The XP potion drama is actually a byproduct of the majority of Blizzard's customers being irresponsible man-children.
    Someone that absolutely gets it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Well I wasn't wrong, but regardless, that literally has nothing to do with logic or reasoning. But keep trying. I'm sure you'll best me eventually.
    People are scumbags for not playing the game it was intended? I'm not saying it was justified, but you're way over exaggerating it. Let's look at the Merriam-Webster definition of scumbag:

: a dirty or despicable person

Seriously? You detest people to such a regard that you think they are despicable people for leveling up there toons fast and taking advantage of a bug? Once again, I think they should've been banned but calling them scum bags is way too far. And it does have to do with logic and reasoning, because a truly logical person should also be able to have at least some kind of empathy, and you clearly lack that. You take this game way too seriously if you truly think they are scumbags.

Also this isn't about me "besting" you. I posted this thread, and every response to state my opinion. If that's how you view online forums, like you're trying to somehow flex how smart you think you are, then that is honestly really sad.
    Last edited by Intropid; 2019-03-25 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intropid View Post
    People are scumbags for not playing the game it was intended? I'm not saying it was justified, but you're way over exaggerating it. Let's look at the Merriam-Webster definition of scumbag:

: a dirty or despicable person

Seriously? You detest people to such a regard that you think they are despicable people for leveling up there toons fast and taking advantage of a bug? Once again, I think they should've been banned but calling them scum bags is way too far. And it does have to do with logic and reasoning, because a truly logical person should also be able to have at least some kind of empathy, and you clearly lack that. You take this game way too seriously if you truly think they are scumbags.
    If you're going to try and bring dictionaries into this you should know empathy is an emotion, literally in an entire different spectrum from logic.

And yes, I don't care for anyone in any aspect of life who feels like they need to cheat to get ahead. It isn't limited to the game, it's more about having a moral compass.

But I really don't care either way. Regardless, people are going to get banned, the same people are going to overstate how 'Blizzard looks bad' yatta yatta, and everyone's going to forget about this in a month's time like it's another one of Trump's scandals.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're going to try and bring dictionaries into this you should know empathy is an emotion, literally in an entire different spectrum from logic.

And yes, I don't care for anyone in any aspect of life who feels like they need to cheat to get ahead. It isn't limited to the game, it's more about having a moral compass.

But I really don't care either way. Regardless, people are going to get banned, the same people are going to overstate how 'Blizzard looks bad' yatta yatta, and everyone's going to forget about this in a month's time like it's another one of Trump's scandals.
    You are completely over simplifying a complicated philosophical and psychological question. For as smart as you think you are, I'd suggest you look more into how empathy impacts logic. It's pretty interesting. I would say not drawing a line between what happens in a virtual world, and the actual world, and comparing the two equally is beyond insane. I suppose the closest real life equivalent to exploiting would be either fraud or theft. These are crimes that effect actual people and can easily ruin lives. Those people are scumbags. You're comparing those people who chose to get an experience boost in a virtual online world about killing dragons. Once again, they deserve there bans, but does people having a few more toons ACTUALLY impact you as a player? It seems pretty harmless to me, and once again you're trying to argue that they are scumbags.

I got 7 days and I'd do it again. My time is far too valuable and the cost of a boost is next to nothing. If I would've had the option to boost to 120 I would've already done it, instead I used the XP potion exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Cheating is cheating, and business is business... you seem to have confused the two.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone that did it knew, If you or they say they didn't know then its a lie. Just like its a lie to blame your brother for what you did when your account gets banned for stalking.
    Boosting is boosting. Blizzard seems to have confused themselves which isn't surprising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Boosting is boosting. Blizzard seems to have confused themselves which isn't surprising.
    You're being disingenuous. One is cheating. The other is sanctioned and has a cost. Blizzard gets to set the rules of their game. No one here is confused.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    You're being disingenuous. One is cheating. The other is sanctioned and has a cost. Blizzard gets to set the rules of their game. No one here is confused.
    I would like to point that I agree 100%. Blizzard can ban for whatever they want. I agree with the bans, in fact I disagree with the decision to not roll back the characters. I have a problem with the way Blizzard chose to let the situation grow like wildfire instead of actually doing something about it.

I would say not drawing a line between what happens in a virtual world, and the actual world, and comparing the two equally is beyond insane. I suppose the closest real life equivalent to exploiting would be either fraud or theft. These are crimes that effect actual people and can easily ruin lives. Those people are scumbags. You're comparing those people who chose to get an experience boost in a virtual online world about killing dragons.
    Nice strawman. You are literally making up your own set definition of a word and then using that to attack the my usage of the word in a twisted comparison. Did you ever think that maybe people have their own opinions on where words fit? We can even go back to your dictionary definition. Is exploiting dirty and despicable? I sure think so! There, it's that easy.

For as smart as you think you are
    Honestly, quips like this do nothing but shout you're upset. Don't get so hung up over the usage of a single word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice strawman. You are literally making up your own set definition of a word and then using that to attack the my usage of the word in a twisted comparison. Did you ever think that maybe people have their own opinions on where words fit? We can even go back to your dictionary definition. Is exploiting dirty and despicable? I sure think so! There, it's that easy.

Honestly, quips like this do nothing but shout you're upset. Don't get so hung up over the usage of a single word.
    I didn't make up the word? I used a respected dictionary's definition of the word, and then insisted multiple times if that's what you meant and you said over and over again that is actually how you feel. I don't understand your point. If you can't distinguish breaking Blizzard's rules on a virtual world, from breaking a government's laws in real life and equating those, then at this point I can't really help you.
    Last edited by Intropid; 2019-03-25 at 07:22 AM.

Because this guy has NEVER taken any shortcut or anything in whole life alright buddy
    stand on top of your moral ladder like you are floating above us

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    so if blizzard said something and it caused more people to do it then more people got banned how would you feel then?
    Folks would continue to use it as an excuse to shit all over Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

So unstacking items is now exploit?
    Honestly? 100% developers fault.
    If they would be sued over such ban they would loose.

As there is no way prove that is not working as intended. No external tool was used and it wasnt even complicated.

Blizz shoud Just rollback those toons and fix the bug. Admit to mistake. Pride is going to be their downfall
    Be the hero these poor banned folks need... Sue Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Not at all... you seem to forget its Blizzard's sandbox, they can throw anyone out they chose for any reason they chose, or for no reason at all. And there isn't a damn thing you or anyone else can do about it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.