Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb How's this idea for alt leveling in the next expansion

With every expansion blizzard trys to make alt leveling not so much of a pain they try....maybe not at first but down the road with the latest being a XP potion glitch that recently happend with bans here's my idea how about we get a XP potion with a CD on use let's say 15 mins with the XP buff going from 30-50% with the catch must have a toon at current level of expansion for this to work and it's also stackable with other XP bonuses the 50% being some type of achievement in order to obtain would this help with alt leveling in expansions?? I think it would

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OGhawaiian View Post
    With every expansion blizzard teys to make alt leveling not so much of a pain they try....maybe not at first but down the road with the latest being a XP potion glitch that recently happend with bans here's my idea how about we get a XP potion with a CD on use let's say 15 mins with the XP buff going from 30-50% with the catch must have a toon at current level of expansion for this to work and it's also stackable with other XP bonuses the 50% being some type of achievement in order to obtain would this help with alt leveling in expansions?? I think it would
    Leveling is already incredibly easy. /endthread

Leveling is pretty fast as it is, but instead of some gimmick, how about we get heirloom belt or something. It's been quite awhile since we got another 10% xp slot.

Just bake heirloom upgrades into pathfinder 1, waiting 6 months for upgrades is ridiculous. It's not like we have missions table missions to farm anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    With every expansion blizzard trys to make alt leveling not so much of a pain they try....maybe not at first but down the road with the latest being a XP potion glitch that recently happend with bans here's my idea how about we get a XP potion with a CD on use let's say 15 mins with the XP buff going from 30-50% with the catch must have a toon at current level of expansion for this to work and it's also stackable with other XP bonuses the 50% being some type of achievement in order to obtain would this help with alt leveling in expansions?? I think it would
    30-50%!?

Leveling is already a breeze. You literally go 60-70 in one zone, 70-80 in one zone, 85-90 in one just looting treasure, 90-100 in looting treasure and bonus for 1 zone, 100-110 in about 1½-2 zones, 110-120 in about 2 zones.

No, the 10% potion is fine, I'd rather pay 500 marks and have it be some heirloom potion that grants 10-15%
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    The amount of levels is becoming ridiculous though. At some point, even though leveling is easy, and the levels flay past, its still an arduous task to get an alt to level 120, 130, 150, 200, etc..

If there isn't some kind of "fix" for this, then we're going to get a level squish. And I don't know how I feel about a level squish.

The easier solution is just making leveling rewarding and people wont complain about it. With no new talents and losing tons of power and legendaries midway through the slog to 120 why would people want to level up a second or third character.

Leveling is boring for most players. There should be stacking experience buff for every max level on account (halved for current expansion - 110-120)

Give people a flat percent XP boost based on the number of max levels on their account.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    The amount of levels is becoming ridiculous though. At some point, even though leveling is easy, and the levels flay past, its still an arduous task to get an alt to level 120, 130, 150, 200, etc..

If there isn't some kind of "fix" for this, then we're going to get a level squish. And I don't know how I feel about a level squish.
    There doesn't need to be a fix. People need to learn to enjoy the world and not rush through everything instead of having the game cater to their impatience.

some great opinions here. ofcause leveling isnt difficult in the sense of term, but it still takes time. i dont want to imagine someone new having to level like 20-30 hour or more - 16-24 hours with heirlooms - before coming close to endgame. basicly a new player isnt meeting any other player at least not in that sense how the game will be at the end.

for myself i have leveled above 20 toons until level 110. now i am leveling all the allied races for achievements. i see myself towards 20 hours playtime per character. as i am missing 6 allied races i will level for a total of 120 hours. there is no fun involved since i know every zone and i am just taking the fastest route.

i would say that even 5 hours was enough leveling before current content even for newcomers. why should they bother without heirlooms and xp potions for above 20 hours.

They should nerf xp gains for Legion and BfA content. They always did that in previous expansions and it was great.

They should also reconsider the leveling path in general. There isn't really a point in leveling through ALL expansions. Doing the 1-60 content kinda makes sense to learn the game and class, but 60-110 is stupid, because you're really doing a past-story and content without gaining anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Easy but slow and boring as fuck.

If Blizzard wont revamp the world or give us alternative leveling methods then they should give us some more exp buffs.

Especially since they made leveling a requirement for allied race heritage armor.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Doing the 1-60 content kinda makes sense to learn the game and class,
    I agree with most of what you say. Learning the class is however only very limited. you get an idea of abilities to use for sure as they are slowly added, but thats all. fights wont take any longer than 15 seconds and they also shouldnt take longer. you cant learn a 2 minute cooldown rotation or more in a useful way outside raiding. as so far your post makes sense. and blizzard should think about something.

i also see that you wont get to know any story. i dont read the quest texts and i dont get much out of mindlessly killing stuff anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    At the moment if you complete the three zones you should be 120 with ease.
    How about the level cap is not raised and you just are gated behind/guided by questlines/story instead...
    If you complete those you gain an achievement and unlock heroic dungeons etc etc all the same stuff you normally unlock when you reach the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Doing the 1-60 content kinda makes sense to learn the game and class.
    You learn nothing about your class when levelling, if anything the poor levelling experience teaches bad habits to players, theres never a need to use things like cc/interrupts/dps dispells because it literally just slows down your killing, you dont learn how important thay are till 120 in m + dungeons. Also you dont learn any rotations because you dont have all your spells and stuff dies in 2 seconds , you wont learn till in raids or m+....at 120.

Levelling has no purpose anymore, just let people start at 110, give them a 10 minute training sceanrio to learn abilities and let that be the end of it.

But lets be real, blizz are making mega money from boosts, so there NO chance of them doing anything to fix or speed up levelling.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

You know a leveling squish wouldn't actually make leveling faster. Just as a stat squish didnt actually make you weaker or stronger.
    Its entire purpose would be to control numbers and character progression expectations (ie. more easy reward distribution over a smaller level span), not to speed up leveling.

Why not just make level boost free? This way those who hate leveling can use it and those who don't can enjoy leveling. Win-win situation for everyone but blizzard.

I always liked the idea of for every max level char you have you gain bonus xp for any more characters you decide to level, only get the buff if leveled the legit way tho like how you get heritage armor. Doesnt work if you do a paid boost.
    I think its quite an elegant way to do it tbh

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good level squish - so reducing overall level time and more choices between expansions post EK/Kalimdor - will be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Why not just make level boost free? This way those who hate leveling can use it and those who don't can enjoy leveling. Win-win situation for everyone but blizzard.
    This is literally most stupid idea I have seen on this forum.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2019-03-23 at 07:10 PM.