Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    First, I wouldn't be married. Second, a relationship is contingent on intimacy. And lastly, whether married or not, a relationship is a partnership. While it's understandable for there to be times when one has to put in more effort than the other, the reality is that not everyone wants to spend their life taking care of someone else. That doesn't make them "selfish", etc.

    A person has the right to live their life how they want. That you believe in the notion of "love" and life-long commitment doesn't give you any degree of moral superiority and certainly doesn't give you the right to pass judgement. If I were to consider a long-term commitment to someone, they would know in advance the stipulations to our being together. If they don't like them, they don't have to stay.
    Pretty sure you won't have to worry about any long-term relationships in your future with that logic.
    Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Just because the Blue Wave was forecast, doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

    Yeah folks, he said it....

  2. #82
    the only way I would leave my partner if whatever disability they ended up with - is an actual danger to me. like... something that fundamentally changes who he is as a person. anything else? no.

  3. #83
    Elemental Lord Jinro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Daegu, South Korea
    Posts
    8,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    ...what stigma?
    Are you unaware of the stigma against people who are unable to function fully without help?

  4. #84
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR - USA
    Posts
    1,626
    I'd just use my other hand....


    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

  5. #85
    I would stay, life is hard and can always get harder so enjoy every minute.
    “If you don't believe me that is too damn bad!”

  6. #86
    The Unstoppable Force zenkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    21,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    At what point would you do it?

    If they'd be unable to care for themselves? What if they have to use wheelchair but can still take care of themselves ?
    Fuck no, I'm not a piece of shit is why.
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    Proof Elizabeth Warren lied about being Native American
    A Congress woman who doesn't know the 3 branches of Government.
    Now that's funny!

  7. #87
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Portland, OR - USA
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Fuck no, I'm not a piece of shit is why.
    Well, you're a piece of shit, just of a different color.

    We're all pieces of shit really, just in our own ways
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

  8. #88
    The Unstoppable Force zenkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    21,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Well, you're a piece of shit, just of a different color.

    We're all pieces of shit really, just in our own ways
    Touché my friend.
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    Proof Elizabeth Warren lied about being Native American
    A Congress woman who doesn't know the 3 branches of Government.
    Now that's funny!

  9. #89
    The Undying Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    37,037
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Touché my friend.
    Nah I agreed with you at first and disagree with you both now.

    If you leave someone you love and loves you because they been crippled. That’s a special kind and worst piece of shit.

    I mean be honest yeah and nothing wrong with being weak or human.

    But upon learning someone you share a life with has been injured be like sorry it’s not going to work I’m late for Hot Yoga and chipotle, jeesuz!
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  10. #90
    No, but then again we are married and have kids so There is nothing that would ever cause me to leave her.

    If it was a Girlfriend then yes, Likewise if I were to become handicapped I would break up with my girlfriend to spare them.

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    First, I wouldn't be married. Second, a relationship is contingent on intimacy. And lastly, whether married or not, a relationship is a partnership. While it's understandable for there to be times when one has to put in more effort than the other, the reality is that not everyone wants to spend their life taking care of someone else. That doesn't make them "selfish", etc.

    A person has the right to live their life how they want. That you believe in the notion of "love" and life-long commitment doesn't give you any degree of moral superiority and certainly doesn't give you the right to pass judgement. If I were to consider a long-term commitment to someone, they would know in advance the stipulations to our being together. If they don't like them, they don't have to stay.
    you still sound like an AI trying to describe feelings and emotions, it's hilarious.

    you can stop doing the robot now.
    Fan reaction was muted, but fan's reactions at BlizzCon confirmed Diablo Immortal will be well received by players around the world.
    "Do you guys not have phones?"
    "You think you do, but you don't"

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If you leave your spouse/partner because they became disabled you are a terrible human being.
    Some do without being terrible. At some point, especially if the person changed mentally, it becomes unbearable to stay near the person.

    I'm educated as a therapist so I know how hard it is. There are several projects here to inform the relatives of people with disabilities because they have no knowledge, feel powerless and are generally in a desperate state and vulnerable to exploitation by people who sell them false hope since they desperately want to hope.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    Are you unaware of the stigma against people who are unable to function fully without help?
    Must once again be one of these backwards asian "peculiarities", alongside the fixiation on "perfect" looks and that deeply rooted racism you and some other here put on display regularly. Quite despicable all around, and always good fuel for my non-existant desire to ever visit any nation in the general area. I'd barf the whole contient full probably.

  14. #94
    Herald of the Titans Violent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    At what point would you do it?

    If they'd be unable to care for themselves? What if they have to use wheelchair but can still take care of themselves ?
    Implying that "everyone" has that point to which they would leave.

    I would say judging from your past posts and stances on certain things. You'd leave someone after they broke a toe and had to have a cast on for a month.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

    <~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

  15. #95
    It depends on the severity and how much they change mentally. If my partner became confined to a wheelchair but was the same person mentally there is no way in hell I would leave.

  16. #96
    The Unstoppable Force zenkai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    21,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Nah I agreed with you at first and disagree with you both now.

    If you leave someone you love and loves you because they been crippled. That’s a special kind and worst piece of shit.

    I mean be honest yeah and nothing wrong with being weak or human.

    But upon learning someone you share a life with has been injured be like sorry it’s not going to work I’m late for Hot Yoga and chipotle, jeesuz!
    Yeah but there could be someone who wouldn't leave their love for anything but maybe they have habits of killing kittens for fun. Or what about that husband and wife that kidnapped that girl and the wife let her husband molest her for years, even fathered a child with her.
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    Proof Elizabeth Warren lied about being Native American
    A Congress woman who doesn't know the 3 branches of Government.
    Now that's funny!

  17. #97
    Depends, if i was married to them for several years then no, but dating a few weeks or months and it started causing problems then yeah

  18. #98
    My current one, no. We have been together long enough that we will spend the rest of our lives together no matter what. If we were dating for under a year, it depends how bad it is and how she reacts. But would prob leave if it's real fucked up. I'm a very active person and cant be with someone too disabled.

  19. #99
    Scarab Lord Leotheras the Blind's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    4,118
    In any case other than becoming profoundly retarded I would stay with them. If something happened to them that would leave them permanently mentally disabled to the point of complete mental vegetation, yet waking life, I don't think I could handle it. I know it's of course selfish, but watching the husk of the woman I once loved wither away with no traces of who she once was, I wouldn't be able to take. But again, anything else outside of that, I'd stay.
    Just remember that Leftists actually believe rape isn't as bad as being called a cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you aren't more hurt by words than "sticks and stones" you're a simpleton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    They don't do that either. There has not been a single instance of tyranny in American history that has been prevented or stopped by guns being a thing.

  20. #100
    I don't care I would stay with her

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •