Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    In any case other than becoming profoundly retarded I would stay with them. If something happened to them that would leave them permanently mentally disabled to the point of complete mental vegetation, yet waking life, I don't think I could handle it. I know it's of course selfish, but watching the husk of the woman I once loved wither away with no traces of who she once was, I wouldn't be able to take. But again, anything else outside of that, I'd stay.

I don't care I would stay with her

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Yeah but there could be someone who wouldn't leave their love for anything but maybe they have habits of killing kittens for fun. Or what about that husband and wife that kidnapped that girl and the wife let her husband molest her for years, even fathered a child with her.
    Ok you got me on this one, I am wrong. Just when I forget for a minute.
    "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    I wouldn't end a relationship because of this but wouldn't get stuck in one only because of this either (I mean staying in a relationship that is not working for pity).

I think there are plenty of reason to end a relationship but losing a limb or mobility is not on of those.
    Ah, you think there is bias for ally? You merely adopted the faction bias. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see alliance have a nice thing until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but bullshit!

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    At what point would you do it?

If they'd be unable to care for themselves? What if they have to use wheelchair but can still take care of themselves ?
    For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

If one doesn't mean those words, they shouldn't make the vow.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Let's flip this question around:
    Should your partner leave you if you became handicapped?

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    Let's flip this question around:
    Should your partner leave you if you became handicapped?
    Like if you enjoy dubstep?
    For some people, everything is a moral question. If you agree with them, you are virtuous. If you don't, you are a monster.
    Proof Elizabeth Warren lied about being Native American
    A Congress woman who doesn't know the 3 branches of Government.
    Now that's funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Pretty sure you won't have to worry about any long-term relationships in your future with that logic.
    Pretty sure that if I was actually interested in a long-term relationship, my logic would be different. But hey, jump right on that band wagon of irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you still sound like an AI trying to describe feelings and emotions, it's hilarious.

you can stop doing the robot now.
    Beep-beep-boop.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    I wouldn't end a relationship because of this but wouldn't get stuck in one only because of this either (I mean staying in a relationship that is not working for pity).
    Staying with someone because you feel like you should and not because you want is more detrimental to both of you than leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    I think there are plenty of reason to end a relationship but losing a limb or mobility is not on of those.
    The problem is that the OP's "disabled" is vague and gives our resident virtue-signalers a soap box on which to stand. While I personally believe that any reason for not wanting to be with someone is a perfectly valid reason to not be with them, I don't see losing an arm or leg as "disabled", as they can still mostly function. But there are plenty of disabilities that do affect the relationship, including those that limit or eliminate intimacy, and those that limit one's ability to provide.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Like if you enjoy dubstep?
    Why would anyone even date someone who listens to dub-step?

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    The problem is that the OP's "disabled" is vague and gives our resident virtue-signalers a soap box on which to stand. While I personally believe that any reason for not wanting to be with someone is a perfectly valid reason to not be with them, I don't see losing an arm or leg as "disabled", as they can still mostly function. But there are plenty of disabilities that do affect the relationship, including those that limit or eliminate intimacy, and those that limit one's ability to provide.
    That is a HUGE no go. So yeah, it depends vastly on the situation.
    Ah, you think there is bias for ally? You merely adopted the faction bias. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see alliance have a nice thing until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but bullshit!

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

If you really love a person, then any problems are not a hindrance for you)

In 99.99999% of cases, no. Leaving a small margin for unusual things that I may be unable to handle.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Trixie for World Domination)
    A (Sensational™)

if they have to rely on others to live yes...

As long as it's nothing mental like depression or insanity or whatever I'm fine. When her mind is gone I'm gone.