Is the pvp talent system still needed?

What's the Point of the pvp talent system anymore. I feel like it made a little more sense in legion with the stat templates but now it just feels like an extra talent pool that can't be used in instanced PvE.

To me it feels unnecessary. All it did was prune utility from some classes, utility that could be very useful for pve. At least Legion had the legendary system which did not function in pvp.

Should Blizz scrap the PvP talent system and just reintegrate the most fun talents as baseline abilities or normal talents, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Varx; 2019-03-24 at 08:58 PM.

As a blood dk in legion I feel completely over powered with over 10 million health it will be really interesting to leave this war mode on and witness a whole new fear to make the game more enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by namarawras View Post
    As a blood dk in legion I feel completely over powered with over 10 million health it will be really interesting to leave this war mode on and witness a whole new fear to make the game more enjoyable
    This isn't about warmode though. Im talking about pvp talents on their own. Are they truly needed for all types of pvp or are most either unnecessary or should just be made baseline.

Do they added an additional layer of combat abilities that just overcomplicate the pvp meta?

Im looking at you greater pyro blast

Still needed? That implies that it was ever needed in the first place.

It wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Still needed? That implies that it was ever needed in the first place.

It wasn't.

I agree. I always felt like it made classes too bloated.

Also it just doesnt feel good when you don't have access to them when you're not pvping. Makes it feel like you're not playing at your class' highest potential.

Another issue is that it influences those who may not be into pvp into warmode for the reasons stated above.
    Last edited by Varx; 2019-03-25 at 01:47 PM.

I don't think so. It's quite telling when the only reason I put warmode on while levelling is just to get some extra abilities at the various levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    I don't think so. It's quite telling when the only reason I put warmode on while levelling is just to get some extra abilities at the various levels.
    Exactly, you dont feel complete without them. Its not a good design philosophy. Hell some classes even function just fine without them in pvp, so honestly what's their point anymore?

These are just abilities they don't want to remove yet but can't have in instanced PvE because they break encounters. Dark Simulacrum has quite a track record for breaking shit.

I consider all their PvP balancing mechanics to be harmful for an MMO, which is about immersion and consistency.

They should balance everything the HARD way, that means by actually balancing it and not by adding inconsistent, one sided mechanics and rule sets and without reducing diversity. That explicitly means not by making everything the same (that would be cheap again). Things like spells and abilities that behave differently in PvP and PvE or do not work altogether in certain environments. Things like resilience in the past and dampening or PvP only talents in the present. It is just disturbing and confusing for the game and it devalues certain things in certain environments.

It's the cheap and incompetent way to "balance" things.

Maybe they could, for a change, let an artificial intelligence try to balance everything based on daily gaming data, if humans are too incompetent to balance so many variables. Who knows what the outcome would be, they could keep that on a test server for a year or more to see how it develops. I'd love to see that.
    Last edited by IllidankaTrump; 2019-03-25 at 05:28 PM.

I don't know how you can ever actually balance classes especially when gear is so diverse. I do think they should get rid of pvp talents for sure though and maybe offer some of those talents to replace under performing talents in the existing talent tiers. Every talent choice we have should be viable. Talents should simply help mold a persons preferred play style. Easier said then done.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    I agree. I always felt like it made classes too bloated.

Also it just doesnt feel good when you don't have access to them when you're not pvping. Makes it feel like you're not playing at your class' highest potential.

Another issue is that it influences those who may not be into pvp into warmode for the reasons stated above.
    Bloated? SO many classes dont have enough buttons. Wow isnt a mobile game.